Why so many 3.0 trucks for sale?

I can probably get you a decent deal on it.....Just PM me if you are serious.

I wish I could say I'm serious Jeff... If I could sell my 2.6 I would be but that's a slim chance especially with everyone else tryin to sell.

Last edited:
I seen it this past Sunday on MavTV. What a great running truck! Who put that together Takedown?

Motor was built by Scheid but the rest was all done by Alan and his brother Dan. Some really nice custom parts on that truck that you won't see on other trucks.....that is until they get beat by it and then all of the sudden they are on other trucks. LOL.

I wish I could say I'm serious Jeff... If I could sell my 2.6 I would be but that's a slim chance especially with everyone else tryin to sell.

I know the feeling. I was thinking the same on his and Kevin's. Now mine is stripped to the frame with a brand new body, suspension, long block and air set-up in the works. I guess I will keep inching my way towards a 3.0 conversion. How'd you do this past season?

I got things ironed out at the end of the season. Things started to come together well.. Clutch was giving me issues all year tho, looking to make a change. If some of these clutch builders would answer there phones...

Just curious what everyone's thoughts are on the subject of 3.0 trucks are.
What are the reasons so many trucks in this class are for sale and what needs to be done to prevent the class from dying?

Obviously one reason is the overall cost.

What are some of the specific issues?
Turbos...PPumps...etc

Thanks,

RK
Maybe you should ask yourself why so many 3.0 trucks for sale Ronnie!!! Clever post after your post this.

http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2364572#post2364572

Oh by the way merry Xmas Ronnie!!!! Just when you almost forgot about me! p.s I might be interested in the deckplate motor and strokkkkkk-her crank, if it goes for a part out! I'll
Stay posted for the ad!

Oh by the way merry Xmas Ronnie!!!! Just when you almost forgot about me! p.s I might be interested in the deckplate motor and strokkkkkk-her crank, if it goes for a part out! I'll
Stay posted for the ad!

u have a 12v block with that hx-82? damn, you cray.

u have a 12v block with that hx-82? damn, you cray.

Lmao I have a 8.3 with a 12v head bro, and run a hx83 for protrusion rules and a ht100 for non. BURNT, just when you thought you knew, now whose cray?

Last edited:
You crack me up Dan......and how can you afford a Deckplate Motor working at Sheetz?

I new you were out there Ronnie! So why ya selling the ole 48? And what are the details? Sheetz is big man and back me 100 percent sponsorship, might even be throwing me a whole rig next season. You know it's kinda like MTO. I just order what I want!

Got 2 more for sell if anyone's lookin for a turn key set up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got 2 more for sell if anyone's lookin for a turn key set up.

Wow. Is everybody hanging it up or what? Seems ppl mise well can the 3.0 class. Same here with COTPC. We only get a few trucks at the events.

We've had pro stock tractor on our mind for a while now. As of right now we are gonna sit this season out to relax a little. If we found serious buyers id sell them. If not we are gonna take the off time to work on some new things we been wanting to try and come out strong in 16.

Back