Winter Upgrades

Dockboy

Comps BFF
Just thought I would share some of the things I'm doing with the race truck this winter.

First, a Christmas present that I got last night :)

I'm doing quite a bit with the suspension and drivetrain. Some modified rear springs and new shocks. Dana 60 front diff and changing the gearing.

Have the engine out also and doing a little "Tweeking" LOL

Having a little work done to the head. Turbo's are out getting freshened and "tweeked". Getting rid of the A/C compressor. And a few other "undisclosed" thing-a-ma-bobs. :hehe:

Last edited:
greg, keep posting progess pics. i enjoy seeing what others are working on and hoping someday i can be in the same situation.

Greg

That picture is missing a window! Merry Christmas

LOL Steve!! LOL Imagine that, me pulling an engine out that was still perfectly fine!! :hehe:

Merry Christmas to you also and look forward to seeing you this coming year!

hey greg whats up buddy...curious of what gearing your going to, and what you have now...

hey greg whats up buddy...curious of what gearing your going to, and what you have now...

Mike,

Going to 3.55's. Have 3.73's now. It won't change things a whole lot, but will help. Should push the shift points down track a little and increase the mph at the stripe a little.

Didn't want to go much more on the gearing incase they come out with a little taller drag radial in the future.

Greg any idea how much the seats weigh? Keep up the hard work.
Brian

Wow! I have been looking at seats for awhile prob going to get some in the spring. Thanks, Brian

First time in history greg takes out a RUNNING engine!!!!

One for the record books.....LOL

Merry Christmas!

Mike,

Going to 3.55's. Have 3.73's now. It won't change things a whole lot, but will help. Should push the shift points down track a little and increase the mph at the stripe a little.

Didn't want to go much more on the gearing incase they come out with a little taller drag radial in the future.

it's george greg lol.....thanks....i have 410's and im just about all out of gear at the quarter..i just put in a new cam and a modded rail, hoping for an 11.2 at 120mph.see ya soon...

Last edited:
did a double take when I saw that seat, thought it was a baby seat ! how bout installing a favor for yourself while it is out, remote mount oil filtration......

Sweet Greg! My engine is coming out next weekend as well. Time to get freshened up for next season !

did a double take when I saw that seat, thought it was a baby seat ! how bout installing a favor for yourself while it is out, remote mount oil filtration......

No remote filter needed George...With all the stuff stripped out of the truck it is easy to get to...Besides, don't need to change the oil that often anyway because it basically never sees the road anymore.

No remote filter needed George...With all the stuff stripped out of the truck it is easy to get to...Besides, don't need to change the oil that often anyway because it basically never sees the road anymore.

close, but its mike this time....... CRS doin a number on ya........... I kinda figured the truck wasn't on the road much, but hey, still not bad to change em up.

Back