Winter Upgrades

Greg the engine looks a couple of cylinders short. Maybe while it's out you should consider swapping in a dmax? Seems I know where a complete built one is and it's not being used. Could probably put in your stock seats back in with the extra power you would gain. It would be a lot more comfortable. :D

You planning on running the new 11.90 index class or will your truck be quick enough to be competitive in that class? :poke: HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

You planning on running the new 11.90 index class or will your truck be quick enough to be competitive in that class? :poke: HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Yeah...I plan on leaving 3 pistons out so I can run the number:doh: :hehe: :hehe:

Thanks Joel.

Did you go under or over the idler pulley? Not having the head on it is hard to tell but it looks like there will be little to no "bite" on the idler going over it with the 2nd cp3 up there. I was thinking of going under it an machining the grooves off the pulley.

Well, As I expected, the belt was going to completely miss the idler pulley and also interfer with the fan shroud bracket by the alt. So, going with the Frankenstein theme of my truck anyway, I canabilized a reverse idler pulley from some old Powerstroke parts and ran the belt under the pulley. Works perfect!! I was going to machine the grooves off of the existing pulley but this works better.

Also got the rest of the fuel side together :)

Nice

Lookin good Greg! Get that beast ready for next year so we can have some fun. Jeff

You been snooping in my pics again Greg. JK. Hell I practically built my twins by looking at yours and Kai's Pics. Looking good as always. Well I mean you actually used paint and cleaned some stuff up. LOL

attachment.php

Greg are you going to be able to make Topeka for the NHRDA finals this year?

greg- thats what i did- used an idler pulley from a 7.3 - sorry i forgot to add that to the parts mix

My refurbished/reworked/new shiney spinny things showed up today :cheer:

I didn't see any grindings where they balanced it, is it that perfectly done that it came out balanced ?

Back