Women of Diesel racing

RacinDuallie said:
My opinion.... the REAL women of diesel drag racing are the ones that actually do the diesel drag racing, women like KAT and Rhotten Rhonda. ( does Sheila Perry race as I don't want to not include her too---)

Not someone who jumped in someones bosses truck and did some minimal testing in a borrowed racer of a driver of a owners truck......

Sorry but no offense....

Rhonda's the original, takes the real deal award and will send you back to bracket racing school. She's been in diesel drag racing for the last 7 years and regularly competes in the NHRA div 6 points chase. Also, she's one of the few that has the opportunity to represented PIR's drag racing team's divisional competitions (you have to earn this) She wrenches on her own truck, tunes and dials every drip of pwr out of her 11.4 daily driver. I've lost many times racing her(actually everytime come to think of it) At the Nationals two years ago I red lit improving my RT's trying to cut that perfect light knowing that if I didn't, she would be knocking me out of the next round, she did. My hats off to a "fierce drag racing competitor" and friend….Way to go, RR!!!!!! :rockwoot: :bow: :clap: :thankyou2:

Last edited:
jetta girl said:
Hi, I'm Sarah. This is my second season racing with the NHRDA. I race my VW Jetta TDI. Last year, I was the first girl to win an NHRDA drag race event, and I also got the purse for the first perfect light during competition rounds. Right now, I'm tied for second in the points series. And I'm with you girls, the attention because I'm cute is a little uncomfortable, but it got my season paid for this year plus some extra. So, I guess it's worth it.

I'm married to Mr.Deez. He doesn't do much racing anymore because he is busy with his motorsports promotions company. Plus, I think he would be way too embarrassed to have his ass handed to him by his wife in front of everyone. LOL

Whats that jetta run at the track??

We don't get on here and slam anyone for anything, so i appreciate the same respect that we give to recieve back to us. If that is to much to ask then....

Good to see the woman of drag racing above engaging in their typical cat fighting LMAO

dzlfarmboy said:
Whats that jetta run at the track??
Right now, I'm running 16.5 seconds. Traction is a huge problem for me, I'm spinning the tires for a full 50 feet. I have to wait until next season to get some drag radials, then I'm expecting to drop 0.3seconds at least. My stock times were 19.5 seconds...

Hey Jetta if you keep spinning your wheels you'll need your new drag tires sooner than next season. Might be a silly question but....Did you try lower air pressure?

Snedge said:
Hey Jetta if you keep spinning your wheels you'll need your new drag tires sooner than next season. Might be a silly question but....Did you try lower air pressure?
Yeah, but street tires will actually cup inwards if the pressure gets too low. Instead of flattening out to create more contact area. It actually creates less contact area. I wish that would work, though.
I'm going to practice launching a bit easier to save my tires. I've already spent my racing budget on other mods, and only have enough left to cover the costs of racing and traveling. So, it's going to have to wait until I get more sponsorship money...

Well I guess thats that then, you keep after those trucks and best of luck this season.

Predatortruck said:
We don't get on here and slam anyone for anything, so i appreciate the same respect that we give to recieve back to us. If that is to much to ask then....

Can You explain that comment in laymans terms?

Dennis

Snedge said:
Well I guess thats that then, you keep after those trucks and best of luck this season.

Thanks, Snedge! I'll try my best.
:rockwoot: :rockwoot:

Fletcher said:
Rhonda's the original, takes the real deal award and will send you back to bracket racing school. She's been in diesel drag racing for the last 7 years and regularly competes in the NHRA div 6 points chase. Also, she's one of the few that has the opportunity to represented PIR's drag racing team's divisional competitions (you have to earn this) She wrenches on her own truck, tunes and dials every drip of pwr out of her 11.4 daily driver. I've lost many times racing her(actually everytime come to think of it) At the Nationals two years ago I red lit improving my RT's trying to cut that perfect light knowing that if I didn't, she would be knocking me out of the next round, she did. My hats off to a "fierce drag racing competitor" and friend….Way to go, RR!!!!!! :rockwoot: :bow: :clap: :thankyou2:

i agree, hense the reason im on here strictly to learn and become part of the community. I was handed an oppertunity- i havent deticated my whole life to this as many of you have, ive juggled this with world travel and film school. and i respect people like Rhonda, very much so.

If you wish to get into the semiotics of "putting herself into someone elses car doing a practice run", well, i was trained for a year to take Gregs place in that truck, until my father passed away and i moved to Europe. I cannot deny myself the recognition of wielding a 9 second race car. I am here to learn from others and to make myself known to this community. Frankly i am pleasantly suprised there are so many other women dedicated to this sport. See you at the track.

Last edited:
The Fordota will be done soon. I'll give you a call. ;)

Predatortruck said:

Don't take this the wrong way, but if you spent more time here you would know that everyone is made fun of in one way or another. And I mean everyone. There is a reason this is the best diesel site. :cheer:

hillarytcoe said:
i agree, hense the reason im on here strictly to learn and become part of the community. I was handed an oppertunity- i havent deticated my whole life to this as many of you have, ive juggled this with world travel and film school. and i respect people like Rhonda, very much so.

If you wish to get into the semiotics of "putting herself into someone elses car doing a practice run", well, i was trained for a year to take Gregs place in that truck, until my father passed away and i moved to Europe. I cannot deny myself the recognition of wielding a 9 second race car. I am here to learn from others and to make myself known to this community. Frankly i am pleasantly suprised there are so many other women dedicated to this sport. See you at the track.

I admirer and respect your work ethics and attributes. Your successfulness exhibiting the mechanical dexterity it takes to perform those duties is exemplary.

Back