worlds quickest 1st gen

I knew what he meant in his first post. First gen is 89-93 w/VE only. My only complaint is that there are so few running. I think I saw only 2 or 3 at Sacramento today including mine. Too bad. I talked to a guy with a really nice looking hemi powered 1500. Beautifull truck, but a modestly tuned Ve truck would have outrun him for a fraction of the investment.

Been there and did that, came to my senses and converted to a P-Pump on my 93. I support the high HP VE 100% but the reson I jumped ship was due to reliability issues with a high flowing VE. That was working with a guy that built a 500+ hp VE pump in 2001.

We built a VE truck last year and jumped ship for the same reason, no reliability with a really hot VE pump. I really liked the dynamic timing of that pump though, just not enough fuel and when you reach for a certain amount then it wont live. I think we ended up going either 8.2's or 8.3's in that truck with the VE, then switched to a little 160hp P-pump and it now going 7.5's with little tuning. And now reliable, it seems. Ryan

I see it has stock injectors, but what about the ve? 14mm? I'm impressed it fueled enough for a .120 jet either way!

I see it has stock injectors, but what about the ve? 14mm? I'm impressed it fueled enough for a .120 jet either way!

no 14mm head.stock pump with the fuel screw half a turn from runaway,3200 governor spring and the AFC lever ground

Nope, stock tweaked pump as far as I know.....you can run a lot more nitrous than most think and still make power....even past the point where it cleans up all the smoke.

you may be the worlds fastest 1stgen but isnt :nos: cheating
i mean the other ve powered trucks are ALL motor

congrats bud

nos is not cheating in drag racing, you been hanging around sled pullers to much....lol

no 14mm head.stock pump with the fuel screw half a turn from runaway,3200 governor spring and the AFC lever ground

Color me impressed! Now I wish I had sprayed the piss out of my 1st gen!

Color me impressed! Now I wish I had sprayed the piss out of my 1st gen!

Most 1st gen guys are part of the "fuel only" crowd....but I'm a believer of nitrous....picked up 150 hp at the wheels with a .092 jet.

Most 1st gen guys are part of the "fuel only" crowd....but I'm a believer of nitrous....picked up 150 hp at the wheels with a .092 jet.

Unfortunately, the hp disparity between a ve pump and other pumps only grows with the addition of nitrous. If you want a good comparison, it's probably best to compare fuel only numbers and E.T.'s It doesn't take alot of finesse to get to 850-900 with a vp and nitrous. 1000+ hardly raises an eyebrow with a p-pump.

I believe i seen you at cecil on a saturday didn't see you run but friends said it was 14.xx guess that was fuel only. Didn't get to talk to ya but NICE numbers!

Isn't having the fastest true first gen ve...blah blah blah body,year truck like having the coolest mullet?
I'm kidding... but seriously isn't it? No but really thats sweet, kinda.

I ain't scared to rock a mullet when i am spanking a maroon 3rd gens ass!
LOL... 13.0 and i had no lock up, one melted piston, and a few pistons hitting valves. we will meet again! that was my first time too.
Not hating just poking fun, i love those 1st gens.

I was just talking about that today. If it comes out should i put some clutches in it. Who knows might just do VB and converter.

Back