worlds quickest 1st gen

what do you guys call a true 1stgen. i would think that it has to have the ve pump and full body no cutting the bed out and things like that.. but what about trans and turbo..

me and a friend from here (boostedve) are building a truck.. and i would like to be the fastest 1stgen...
oh and would a short bed be a true 1stgen. still the same frame and all just a short bed..

what do you guys call a true 1stgen. i would think that it has to have the ve pump and full body no cutting the bed out and things like that.. but what about trans and turbo..

me and a friend from here (boostedve) are building a truck.. and i would like to be the fastest 1stgen...
oh and would a short bed be a true 1stgen. still the same frame and all just a short bed..

I regard anything with a VE pump 6-cylinder B-series as a first gen.

As long as its not a half ton then I agree with the above, but I also like to keep it 89-93.

I want to see what C12H26 has to say about it. I want to know his version of a TRUE 1STGEN..

If your doors don't shut right, then you own a 1st gen LOL

a buddy of mine has a ugly 1st gen he's been tryin to sell me for a bit. I might pick it up and see how much it can take. Its pretty clean and fairly low miles. Are the tranny s a piece o chit or will they need a bunch of attention like my 48re did?

For what the VE has put out so far, a VB and Gorend or Suncoast TC is what you need, no billet input this or triple disk that.... :D

I am R&R a VE pump right now taking care of the most problem-matic part of the pump, limited fuel input pressure... After that, maybe a vane pump delete...

Two ?
How quick on motor (no spray)?
When are we gonna see project RUST BUCKET at the strip?
TOMMY

Trannys are fine, it's a good idea to put a steel planetary in, but the non-lockup converter will save a lot of parts. I made 448 at the wheels with a stock trans other than alto clutches and a transgo.

Rust Bucket will be at the strip when I get my throttle linkage mod so I can actually hit 3200 rpm. Right now I run out of gear at about 85 mph. I think I could do pretty good in the 1/8th with enough traction...power is there.

Well, FWIW:

1993 W250 Clubcab (w/8' bed) @ 6400lbs. Original 12mm VE IP, Original A518 w/non lock-up TC. 33" AT radials. A little ill-tuned W/M and NO N2o.

60' ~ 1.81
330' ~ 5.31
1/8 ~ 8.27 @ 83.31
1/4 ~ 13.03 @ 101.85

Just for comparison. ;)

I'm gunning for ya fellas. :stab: Don't run out of gas. :evil

Here you go Dave, Nitrous Outlet Nitrous Accessories

Dave you know that truck would be in the 12's with a lock-up t/c.
I'am sure it will be there without also.
- I'm sure N2O would feel good making a pass but, I just don't want to worry about having to say: "Well, I would'a won but my N2O was blah-blah". :bang

- I'm sure a locking TC would feel good making a pass but, I do enjoy being able to drive it to the track, have some fun, and drive it home. No tow truck needed.

- There's always this coming season. :evil

Nice time c12h26 :clap:

Last edited:
Well, FWIW:

1993 W250 Clubcab (w/8' bed) @ 6400lbs. Original 12mm VE IP, Original A518 w/non lock-up TC. 33" AT radials. A little ill-tuned W/M and NO N2o.

60' ~ 1.81
330' ~ 5.31
1/8 ~ 8.27 @ 83.31
1/4 ~ 13.03 @ 101.85

Just for comparison. ;)

I'm gunning for ya fellas. :stab: Don't run out of gas. :evil

I won't :nos:

Should have some times for ya in a month or so :rockwoot:

For what the VE has put out so far, a VB and Gorend or Suncoast TC is what you need, no billet input this or triple disk that.... :D

I am R&R a VE pump right now taking care of the most problem-matic part of the pump, limited fuel input pressure... After that, maybe a vane pump delete...

My 1st gen just grenaded the input shaft, got a billet ready to go in...

Back