your set up plus dyno numbers 12 valve only.

I would say jump on a load dyno. Also what's the graph look like. Smoke real hard on the low end?

Ya smoke on the low end haze up top. Had the afc off with a plate over it. So just trying to go for an all out run. It will smoke off the rear tires from a 70 roll. Needs a new headgasket. Going to get it ready for the strip and leave the same setup just to compare.

180 pump racked on truck rack plug
Full cuts
5x.022s
63/80 compounds
Timing at 28*
2 lift pumps at 60psi
Intertia dyno
647/993

To be honest I was extremely disappointed.

No load cell. Looks about right. Took forever to spool?

I didn't have it on. Ya took forever to spoil. Well compared to the street. Scratch on the headgasket seems to have lost the rear freeze plug

I was referring to normal driving. Does your afc restrict? If set up properly it shouldn't

Sorry if I'm not understanding right. I'm not really street driving the truck very much. I have the afc off and a plate in its place. Have a few laying around I need to get setup. Trans has to some out and I ordered a billet freeze plug.

One that all gets done I'm going to throw a couple catch cans on and take it down the strip to compare that to the dyno numbers.

No i don't have the afc housing on the truck at all and no plate. I having a plate covering the top of the pump where the afc housing goes.

Your going to need an afc on there and have it tuned decent to get real good dyno numbers. Lots of poorly delivered fuel will not spool chargers good at all, especially on a dyno. That's moves you out of your normal power band and makes for poor numbers.

Where does your setup make full boost? For comparison my 24v with a 180 pump timed at 27* will spool my 64/71/14 over 80/96/1.32 setup by 23-2400 rpm. That's fully lit(82psi). Smallish injectors with a .024 DV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Your going to need an afc on there and have it tuned decent to get real good dyno numbers. Lots of poorly delivered fuel will not spool chargers good at all, especially on a dyno. That's moves you out of your normal power band and makes for poor numbers.

Where does your setup make full boost? For comparison my 24v with a 180 pump timed at 27* will spool my 64/71/14 over 80/96/1.32 setup by 23-2400 rpm. That's fully lit(82psi). Smallish injectors with a .024 DV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For having no afc on the graph was pretty smooth. I'd say thats where i make about full boost. Never really pay attention do to having to control the truck when it does come full tilt. I was only making 80 or so with 28* of timing with 5x.022s and full cuts. 180 pump. 40psi of fuel pressure.

fresh results

Dyno #1 3GSK, 100plate, rack plug, OFV, all the little free stuff, 4in TBE, TC LU switch. It put down 300HP and i forget the torque. semi built 47rh with billet input.

Dyno #2 Added a He351CW with 7X10 injectors, Head Studs, I just went on the Dyno on Saturday and put down 392/1038 corrected @ 38lbs of boost. I estimated 400hp before but was hoping for 450ish. I think my timing is set at 16 or 17 but not 100% sure.

I welcome any advice or input. Yes I know the turbo is somewhat of a choke point but the price was right. Things I am considering doing. Have someone set my timing to 20. Add water/meth to keep this set up a little cooler. possibly pull the plate. Bring the boost up to 42-45lbs. I feel like I should be able to hit 450hp.

561/1089 uncorrected on inertia dyno, 98 2500 4x4 manual, mods are: Valair dual disc clutch, injector pump bench flowed/balanced, full cut delivery valves, 150hp injectors, no fuel plate, timing advanced to *22, 4k gsk kit, coolant bypass system, BD R700 twin turbo setup with boost at 65psi. Banks twin ram upper intake manifold, hamilton pushrods, 60# valve springs, arp headstuds, 3 piece exhaust manifold.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 0
IMG_1355_zpsdi66lrbz.jpg

1730.50/3914.5 uncorrected mustang dyno
97 2500 auto
13 mm farrel pump
mountain high performance built motor
mountain high p&p common rail head
DDP Super mental injectors
ED turbos / Rapid Diesel piping

Pretty sure those numbers are a little off! Were assuming traction issues lead to some spikes, the graph was ugly. Hopefully we will get some good numbers this weekend.

IMG_1358_zpsdw0tk7jc.jpg

Last edited:
IMG_1355_zpsdi66lrbz.jpg

1730.50/3914.5 uncorrected mustang dyno
97 2500 auto
13 mm farrel pump
mountain high performance built motor
mountain high p&p common rail head
DDP Super mental injectors
ED turbos / Rapid Diesel piping

Pretty sure those numbers are a little off! Were assuming traction issues lead to some spikes, the graph was ugly. Hopefully we will get some good numbers this weekend.

IMG_1358_zpsdw0tk7jc.jpg

Kinda broad on details. What's the graph look like and what size turbos.

I don't have a picture of the graph but Ill get some Saturday. The turbos are: 72/88/1.0 over a 84/96/1.32 (Im pretty sure, Chris picked the turbos) with billet compressors with a 44mm external gate. The pump is set at 625cc and 26 deg of timing to start hopefully in the 1100-1200 range.

IMG_1283_zpsgy9expdt.jpg

Last edited:
Back