zfaylors old man truck build

I love this thread!

Also, you got rid of the proportioning valve guy that changes based off of rear sag right? The one that sits on the left side frame rail above the rear axle. I couldn't hold much past 5-10psi before removing it, and can take 25-30psi now.

Im running a 392 on my truck and have 0 issue maintaining 25 psi at all times. Was thinking of backing it off at idle and using the 1:1 feature of my regulator

I love this thread!

Also, you got rid of the proportioning valve guy that changes based off of rear sag right? The one that sits on the left side frame rail above the rear axle. I couldn't hold much past 5-10psi before removing it, and can take 25-30psi now.

Thank you sir! For sure. That thing was destroyed when I did the axle swap. I would be more apt to do a disc swap and eliminate the drums if I didn't have these 15" rims for my slicks. I know drums can hold back plenty of power but the simplicity of brake services with discs is appealing. I will eventually step up in rim size for slicks but I want to use these up for the moment.

Im running a 392 on my truck and have 0 issue maintaining 25 psi at all times. Was thinking of backing it off at idle and using the 1:1 feature of my regulator

Good to hear man. I think this is the route I am going to go. Are you running it by itself or in conjunction with the stock pump?

Thank you sir! For sure. That thing was destroyed when I did the axle swap. I would be more apt to do a disc swap and eliminate the drums if I didn't have these 15" rims for my slicks. I know drums can hold back plenty of power but the simplicity of brake services with discs is appealing. I will eventually step up in rim size for slicks but I want to use these up for the moment.

Good to hear man. I think this is the route I am going to go. Are you running it by itself or in conjunction with the stock pump?

All by itself. I keep a spare in my glove box, because the compatiblity with diesel seems hit or miss for some folks. Im 3 months in and it hasnt skipped a beat. 392s work with e85, i cant see diesel doing anything but helping lube the pump.

Some day I may get to drive this dam thing. Bad things happened yesterday. Hood came u latched goin down the highway yesterday. The 2nd safety latch apparently didn't stand a chance. Windshield is toast along with the hood and hinges.

Didn't want to go lexan yet but I am not paying 400+ for a windshield in a toy. I am ordering the non mar lexan and install kit from five star tomorrow. Everyone will get a Chance to see how that is done now.

Going with a duraflex glass hood as soon as funds allow. Trying to make the best out of a chit situation. Upgrades and cutting weight! Happy birthday to me LOL

Some day I may get to drive this dam thing. Bad things happened yesterday. Hood came u latched goin down the highway yesterday. The 2nd safety latch apparently didn't stand a chance. Windshield is toast along with the hood and hinges.

Didn't want to go lexan yet but I am not paying 400+ for a windshield in a toy. I am ordering the non mar lexan and install kit from five star tomorrow. Everyone will get a Chance to see how that is done now.

Going with a duraflex glass hood as soon as funds allow. Trying to make the best out of a chit situation. Upgrades and cutting weight! Happy birthday to me LOL

Run Sdx with no hood?

Run Sdx with no hood?

I have a crappy white and blue hood that came on the truck. It will look ratty as hell but get me by LOL It will all depend on if I can get the windshield in in time now.

Hood pins are on the oraler list of must haves for this thing when I get a hood on it I know that much! LOL

Should be under 200 I would bet, most expensive one i've ever got in any vehicle was like 180$.

Yeah i got my windshield when my truck had its accident for like 180. I now have the stock latch, the safety catch has "extra" bend (engagement), and i got a set of those aerotech flush latches sitting in the basement for it. Hell i think i payed almost as much for hinges as i did the glass.

Safelite. They were the cheapest by far when I replaced the rear glass in my previous truck. The rear non slider was $380 through them for the base non tinted one. They wanted $400 for the windshield at the time. Mine was cracked and got a quote for chits. Called them yesterday for a quote and it was $450!

I will try the local places for the hell of it tomorrow. Last time I did they all wanted 500+ for a dam non slider rear glass.

Those are installed prices mind you. I am no glass man. Lexan is somewhat forgiving in terms of install so I wouldn't mind attempting that.

I will price some tomorrow and go from there. Lexan was always on my mind to cut weight but not a massive fan of it by any means.

and yeah the hinges for these trucks are ridiculous. $70 for a pair is the best used price I have found so far. The local junkyard wanted $20 a piece but the passenger side ones were all fricken gone. 10 drivers side hinges and NO passenger.

Best part is I was test driving the silver 64 turbo I got in trade for my s464. Got one nice hard pull and was cruising to turn around. Heard a click and next thing I knew I saw hood :(

Last edited:
Well either I was smoking crack or the safelite lady was. Website says 189 to replace it. Kind of bittersweet. Considering i paid $350 for a dam basic rear glass last year and was quoted over 400 for the windshield. Well chit maybe I will be getting a stock replacement glass after all.

Oh yea... Most I've ever paid installed for a dodge windshield is like 175-180.

Well either I was smoking crack or the safelite lady was. Website says 189 to replace it. Kind of bittersweet. Considering i paid $350 for a dam basic rear glass last year and was quoted over 400 for the windshield. Well chit maybe I will be getting a stock replacement glass after all.

Back glass does cost waaaay more than front. Rule of thumb, the smaller the window, the more it costs

Safelite. They were the cheapest by far when I replaced the rear glass in my previous truck. The rear non slider was $380 through them for the base non tinted one. They wanted $400 for the windshield at the time. Mine was cracked and got a quote for chits. Called them yesterday for a quote and it was $450!

I will try the local places for the hell of it tomorrow. Last time I did they all wanted 500+ for a dam non slider rear glass.

Those are installed prices mind you. I am no glass man. Lexan is somewhat forgiving in terms of install so I wouldn't mind attempting that.

I will price some tomorrow and go from there. Lexan was always on my mind to cut weight but not a massive fan of it by any means.

and yeah the hinges for these trucks are ridiculous. $70 for a pair is the best used price I have found so far. The local junkyard wanted $20 a piece but the passenger side ones were all fricken gone. 10 drivers side hinges and NO passenger.

Best part is I was test driving the silver 64 turbo I got in trade for my s464. Got one nice hard pull and was cruising to turn around. Heard a click and next thing I knew I saw hood :(

What was the specs on the silver 64?

I believe I have a pair of white hinges if u pay the shipping there yours.

Much appreciated sir! This is why compd rules. Shoot me a price for what you think it will cost to ship them.

Back glass does cost waaaay more than front. Rule of thumb, the smaller the window, the more it costs

No doubt. I had always heard that but never experienced. I wonder what the hell the lady was thinking when she quoted me that much. Maybe she quoted a door glass? I don't know. I am happy to see they are only $180 installed. Rather than go lexan this soon I will be getting glass.

What was the specs on the silver 64?

Not 100%. It is a "64/80" whatever that means LOL. I read 100 different variations of what the wheels actually measure. It is an s300 based charger with extended tip compressor. Outflows my s464 I had by a large amount. I figure I will measure it all when I tear it down this winter to freshen it up.

the 80 is the large turbine housing. will have the crap 80/74 turbine.

Back