03/04 updates?

I seen that on his ig. And wow what a clean running setup really impressed and excited to see what this new stuff is all about

So this is efi for the sci trucks? Thought they gave up and stopped working on it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

No he was making it clear it wasn't efi. And he also said that it wasn't udc. Said its not any platform that's not currently supporting Cummins tuning

Yep, exactly what woods5 said. The other thing to note is this tuning tool can take advantage of the MAP sensor. So with 03-04.5 trucks we can have some sort of freaking smoke control off idle (or off any rpm for that matter). No more watching the tail pipe and looking out the mirror at the tail pipe

Smarty/MADS knew of this novel idea since the beginning of time and just didn't do anything about it. Sad really.

It wont be available for a few more months to the public. But as others have stated it IS NOT EFILive. I've worked with Les and the owner of the truck that made 1100hp on a single, its definitely worth waiting for.

Anyone heard if we will be able to fuel past 3700-3800rpm or have access to any of the other rail pressure tables?

The truck that Les tuned fueled past 4200 rpm, but I cant comment on tables.

Going back on the dyno tomorrow to continue Beta testing, but so far we have full access to the whole ecm, killing codes, Trans tables, all base tables, air density tables including timing, rail pressure, duration, post and pilot injection, all the limiters, including boost limited fueling are available to us. What's even better than that is it's full data logging ability. The logging ability will also help perfect UDC tuning for the average street truck.

Lavon

Last edited:
Looking forward to learning more about this brand x tuning for the sci trucks! Looks like at least Gordon, Les and Lavon are testing.

I see in the video pac master posted that the CEL kicks on at the end of the video. Either way this sounds exciting. I'm guessing this tuning platform requires the purchase of a new tuner (e.g. Something other than a Smarty or an Autocal)?

The check engine light was for the APPS in this specific truck, it freaks out occasionally

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

We'll be posting videos soon of "Brand X" tuning on our test mule 2005 that we've been working on. Moderate build, compounds, big injectors and decent pumps - probably about a 900 HP capable truck. Already have cleaned it up and runs very smooth and clean compared to the previous tuning that was on it. Owner has been very Happy. Today we're going for 5000 RPMs fully fueled.

It's anybody going to spill the beans on this "BRAND X" tuning software? This supper secret squirrel stuff is driving me crazy! It sure does sound promising!

It is promising for the SCI crowd... just can't spill the beans yet. Need to make sure each year (since they're a little different on each ecm) works right and has the same/similar functionality. So far there have been testers on each year/split year testing the trucks - once everything is complete there, then need a broader range of trucks to test on most likely to make sure it works on more than just a select few that have had dedicated time spent on them, and then boom - it'll be on the market. And yes it will require a new hardware purchase for delivery of tunes as it is not EFILive.

If anyone needs a volunteer for a 2003 tester I'm available when the time comes :fish: Thanks to all who are sharing the info!

Last edited: