03/04 updates?

I got a 06 ecm and a 05 harness ...my plan is to repin the factory harness put in the 06 ecm then mount the factory harness and use the 05 harness to splice it into the factory harness to run my dash ...the repin diagrams I have found are not very clear and the resplice ...well it might be be mission impossible .

..well it might be be mission impossible .

Mine runs real well,started it today for the first time since the last show.

Although,I am not sure if "splicing into a harness" is a good idea.

There are allot of things that are not a good idea , making 1000 or more hp in pick up trucks , destroying tires and drive train components just to name a few ...but some times you just gotta go for it ...and just because it's mission impossible for me doesn't mean it's mission impossible for some one else im paying.

Is there such a magical procedure to "piggy back" the 03-05 harness to make all gauges work utilizing a 06-07 ECM to control engine function?

Efilive announced in this months newsletter that support for 03-05 SCI trucks is not going to happen.

"This confirmation of direction for expanded Cummins support also means that EFILive is now unable to dedicate the required resources for Cummins 2003-2005 SCI development in the foreseeable future. EFILive regretfully advises that after placing this project on hold for more than 12 months we will no longer pursue support for this platform, but will shift our focus to newer controllers. We would like to thank those people who ask regularly about SCI support, and wish them the best in finding a suitable tuning tool for their vehicle.

Beta software for 2010-2015 trucks move into beta testing. "

Is there such a magical procedure to "piggy back" the 03-05 harness to make all gauges work utilizing a 06-07 ECM to control engine function?

Magical.......NO....Time Consuming....Very Much So!
If you have the time and all the needed wiring schematics you can do it but do not expect to get it done quickly or expect that one harness will fit all the trucks,each 1/2 year is a completely different animal.

There are allot of things that are not a good idea , making 1000 or more hp in pick up trucks , destroying tires and drive train components just to name a few ...but some times you just gotta go for it ...and just because it's mission impossible for me doesn't mean it's mission impossible for some one else im paying.

NOTHING is mission impossible,its called "Cubic Money".....

It's called cubic dollars actually and yes cubic dollars will beat cubic inches in certain conditions but that's race car talk , I just gotta get the funds together to get that Job done and put on the manual vb on my 05 the. It will be good times

Who needs a Manual Valve Body????????

Plant Yer Right foot on the loud pedal and STEER!!!!

Efilive announced in this months newsletter that support for 03-05 SCI trucks is not going to happen.

"This confirmation of direction for expanded Cummins support also means that EFILive is now unable to dedicate the required resources for Cummins 2003-2005 SCI development in the foreseeable future. EFILive regretfully advises that after placing this project on hold for more than 12 months we will no longer pursue support for this platform, but will shift our focus to newer controllers. We would like to thank those people who ask regularly about SCI support, and wish them the best in finding a suitable tuning tool for their vehicle.

Beta software for 2010-2015 trucks move into beta testing. "

Atleast they've FINALLY admitted defeat instead of the BS dragging it out they've been doing for all this time.

Could someone share how to run the gauges by piggy backing? I have an idea...but it's just that right now.

Don't think anyone that has taken the time to figure it out will want to share. If they did there will be a bunch of us starting threads asking how we fried the ecms

I was likely the first to piggyback an ecu and you leave the factory ecu running the gauges and steal the crank/cam/rail for the piggyback ecu. Then it runs the injectors and fca. Hell my cruise even worked.

Last edited:
Will a 2004 APPS and a 2006 ECM work. Or do you have to use a 2005-2007 pedal/APPS assembly? It would be nice to be able to the my APPS where it is. Is it possible in the piggy back situation to leave it up to the original ECM to still control the transmission?

Last edited:
Can't remember but efi got to where they were logging on the 03-05's didn't they? Just abandoned the tuning efforts.

I seen where les at silverbullet has been working on tuning for the 03-05 guys.