03/04 updates?

Finale , some feed back worth reading. So is the ecm swap rocker box ,injector harness, 2006 dash the best route. If so who in NJ area is doing the swap and for how much. The waiting game is way past getting old. And so is my truck. All the smarty years have left me with a bad taste. I think Ill sell it before going back to that. 2004.5 42,000 miles & never ran to its potential. Its now or never.

Not sure of anyone doing it here in NJ. Dang bro, get in that truck and drive it every now and then, 42k miles..... I passed that 110 k ago.

If Marco and Smarty can talk to the SCI, why can't EFI?

I'm tired of waiting...UDC can do plenty, and as well as EFI from what's been shown by a couple guys.

UDC still hasn't any tables for boost referencing. Once that part shows up I think most of what's really needed is covered.

I want the ability to tune this thing so I can just go WOT and not watch the mirror!

there ya go Jason, seems like such a novel concept right? hmmm system from the factory has the ability to limit fuel based on boost, lets not tap that resource....... facepalm

there ya go Jason, seems like such a novel concept right? hmmm system from the factory has the ability to limit fuel based on boost, lets not tap that resource....... facepalm

Seems like something so damn simple...

but yeah, typical smarty, more fuel more smoke must mean better!

UDC still hasn't any tables for boost referencing. Once that part shows up I think most of what's really needed is covered.

I want the ability to tune this thing so I can just go WOT and not watch the mirror!

If i got WOT I have to watch the mirror for traffic as the truck will stumble and die from the excessive fuel dump. The only way i can leave quickly is to power brake it to 1100 rpm.

I have seen lots of smartys make a ton of power and not really smoke that bad. I have run a bully dog with crazy Larry that's is much smokyer

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

I heard from ATP that it's possible to to use a 06-07 ECM and a custom harness to make it work ...it seems way too simple and after seeing people talking about swapping in the whole dash and rocker box out of a 06-07 I'm starting to think it's a little more complicated then that

What you heard from atp is they are taking a 06 cm and piggy backing it with the earlier ecm. 06 cm to run the engine and the 04 ecm to run the dash so to say. The guys that are swapping the whole harness are just using the 06 ecm.

The guys that are swapping the whole harness are just using the 06 ecm.

And those guys do not have any way to run the dash.

What you heard from atp is they are taking a 06 cm and piggy backing it with the earlier ecm. 06 cm to run the engine and the 04 ecm to run the dash so to say.

Old News!

Ok so I heard reiff diesel is the place to contact for a custom harness to run the 06 ECM on my 05 ...I would definatly want the piggy back so I can retain my stock dash and gauges

DO NOT buy from reiff diesel. Well you will never get hold of him anyways. He owes me a harness from over a year ago, and will not answer mine or anyone's else's calls

Yeah it see like they are impossible to get ahold of ...any other suggestions ?

Got ahold of him ...I think it's just a 1 man show ...well any way , he wants 2900$ for the harness and that doesn't include the ECM ...I'm thinking for around a 3500$ investment I might just get a 06 harness and a custom dash with what ever guages I want to run ..mechanical guages where possible