06-07 commonrail 600hp build advice

9t5twelvevalve

Hello, I've been Saving up for quite some time, bout to finally let go of my 12v and get back into the commonrail game, my last one was an 04.5 HO, had a smarty, built trans, intake, exhaust, and an airdog 150, due to how much money I continually dumped into that thing, this next one I plan on gettin, I plan on building right the first time with no short cuts and plan on getting a manual.

So here we go, I know the basics on what I will need, intake, exhaust, clutch , lift pump, cp3 (most likely)

But what would be a good turbo/injector set up?

Smarty vs efi tunes?

I want as little smoke as I can get which I know is hard with a cummins

I plan on using this truck as a daily driver, occasionally towing a loaded cattle trailer (12,000 lbs) a few times a year and occasionally takin it to the drags a few times a year as well. Any input would be appreciated!

100gpm lift pump, 90hp tips, 30% over cp3 together with a good efi tune should get you to 600.

100gpm lift pump, 90hp tips, 30% over cp3 together with a good efi tune should get you to 600.

Yeah but that's gonna be pretty smokey, I'm looking for a set of nozzles and a turbo that will go good together and be as efficient as possible

64mm and 90hp nozzles efi, lift pump,and headstuds you could prob do it on stock injectors

I do all my own efi tuning. I like to think im good lol, have alot of customers on here and you can check out my website also. If you need any help lmk. Thanks Danny 740-248-6619

I do all my own efi tuning. I like to think im good lol, have alot of customers on here and you can check out my website also. If you need any help lmk. Thanks Danny 740-248-6619

Sweet thanks! I'll get in contact with you sometime in the next month

Subscibing, looking for the same hp number, also a dd and need the truck to pull my pulling truck, only difference is that I have an auto. Already have intake, exhaust and 90hp nozzles, and tranny built. Have an mp8 on it now but plan to get rid of it and go with efi. Sry, don't mean to take over your thread, just here for advice.

I'd go with either a 62mm or 64mm, EFI live, 150gph pump, 30% cp3 or Arson 3 kit, Stock injectors will get you real close to 600 and burn clean.

Well I will know my number for sure this weekend, but I believe it to in the range you are wanting. I have clutch, twins(stock over s475), 90 tips, 30% CP3, studs, springs, AD150, EFI. I will post my dyno sheet after the dyno this weekend. I built the truck to tow, and it does that extremely well.

Well I will know my number for sure this weekend, but I believe it to in the range you are wanting. I have clutch, twins(stock over s475), 90 tips, 30% CP3, studs, springs, AD150, EFI. I will post my dyno sheet after the dyno this weekend. I built the truck to tow, and it does that extremely well.

Does it run pretty clean? Thanks for all the help everyone!

Didn't beans diesel break 600 with jus efi and some 90's? If your going to go with a cp3 I would talk to motorsports diesel. I personally think a 63/68 somewhere around a 75 hp tip head studs and some sort of lift pump you could break 600hp.

Very clean with my tow tune in it. Have not run the dyno tune yet.

Yeah but how long do you think the stock one is gonna last with all that strain on it? I'd rather do everything I'm gonna need all at the same time.

Don't push the rail pressure too high, and I think it'll be fine. I've just been on the stock CP3, and have a little over 100k on it. It's been over 600 hp for most of that. And about 20k of that has been towing moderately heavy at over 20,000 lbs.

--Eric

I ran 120s with my stocker/s475 and it cleared the just fine not to mention it was great to drive. Tuning was smarty ssr upgraded cp3.

Yeah but how long do you think the stock one is gonna last with all that strain on it? I'd rather do everything I'm gonna need all at the same time.

Strain? What do you think you are straining? Can you dump max duration and RP right off the bat, no. That's not an efficient tune anyway.... You said you wanted an efficient 6-700hp, the stock pump is perfect for that.

600+ has been done over and over with those parts for hundreds of thousands of miles, but I guess you know better right? That's why you started this thread....