06-07 commonrail 600hp build advice

Strain? What do you think you are straining? Can you dump max duration and RP right off the bat, no. That's not an efficient tune anyway.... You said you wanted an efficient 6-700hp, the stock pump is perfect for that.

600+ has been done over and over with those parts for hundreds of thousands of miles, but I guess you know better right? That's why you started this thread....

Just wasn't sure on if a stock cp3 was reliable to support what was being discussed, like I said, I want to get everything put in all at once so I don't have to go back and do it again, no need to be a smartass, thank you for sharing your wisdom

Just wasn't sure on if a stock cp3 was reliable to support what was being discussed, like I said, I want to get everything put in all at once so I don't have to go back and do it again, no need to be a smartass, thank you for sharing your wisdom

Speedshift is not being a smartass by any means. You asked a question and he answered it. 600 is no problem with mostly stock parts. I was doing 580 back in 07 when we were still stacking boxes to make power.

600 hp:
stock injectors, stock cp3, a proper EFI tune, 62 or 64 mm turbo and your there.

Strain on parts....

Let me tell you this, any increase in power will strain parts. If it is mechanical it WILL fail. How you drive it will determine how long it lasts. I have seen 800 hp trucks go 100k plus miles with no failures and I have seen 300 hp truck blow up in half that time with an ass behind the wheel.

Speedshift is not being a smartass by any means. You asked a question and he answered it. 600 is no problem with mostly stock parts. I was doing 580 back in 07 when we were still stacking boxes to make power.

600 hp:
stock injectors, stock cp3, a proper EFI tune, 62 or 64 mm turbo and your there.

Strain on parts....

Let me tell you this, any increase in power will strain parts. If it is mechanical it WILL fail. How you drive it will determine how long it lasts. I have seen 800 hp trucks go 100k plus miles with no failures and I have seen 300 hp truck blow up in half that time with an ass behind the wheel.

Maybe I misread then, that's what it seemed like, I said I was going to add an arson 3 kit too it just to be safe, so I don't drain my rail, and apparently that means I was saying that I know the answers to my own questions oh so well? Didn't know that, anyways, I guess what I'm trying to get at is that I just want to know a good turbo, injector set up that will run clean without too much excess smoke, and support up to 600hp or around there, thanks for your help

Maybe I misread then, that's what it seemed like, I said I was going to add an arson 3 kit too it just to be safe, so I don't drain my rail, and apparently that means I was saying that I know the answers to my own questions oh so well? Didn't know that, anyways, I guess what I'm trying to get at is that I just want to know a good turbo, injector set up that will run clean without too much excess smoke, and support up to 600hp or around there, thanks for your help

50 hp injectors, stock cp3, 62mm turbo, EFI live, Air dog or Fass 100 and you will be good to go. Built auto or upgraded clutch if needed. That is 600 plus all day. If you want to do an Arson kit, then do it but it is not needed. The key to all of this is the tuner.

BTW, this is a very smoke free set-up. It should net you about 625-650 with no problem.

I was def being a smart ass in response to to your smart ass pump knowledge. Lol

Also you said you plan on going to a G56 Trans instead of the auto, I presume because you think it's better... I've got one of each and the G56 sucks. It gets about 4mpg less than my auto due to running about 3-400 rpm higher on the highway. Also when it needs a syncro you can't just buy one and replace it, you are stuck buying the whole main shaft assy which is $1500 alone. Then there is the aluminum case that spreads apart and explodes with anything over 600hp.

Just FYI I guess, trying to save you some money and heart ache.

I was def being a smart ass in response to to your smart ass pump knowledge. Lol

Also you said you plan on going to a G56 Trans instead of the auto, I presume because you think it's better... I've got one of each and the G56 sucks. It gets about 4mpg less than my auto due to running about 3-400 rpm higher on the highway. Also when it needs a syncro you can't just buy one and replace it, you are stuck buying the whole main shaft assy which is $1500 alone. Then there is the aluminum case that spreads apart and explodes with anything over 600hp.

Just FYI I guess, trying to save you some money and heart ache.

To my smart ass pump knowledge? I didn't say anything in a smartass tone, thanks for all your help, hope you feel like a badass lol

****in douche bag

50 hp injectors, stock cp3, 62mm turbo, EFI live, Air dog or Fass 100 and you will be good to go. Built auto or upgraded clutch if needed. That is 600 plus all day. If you want to do an Arson kit, then do it but it is not needed. The key to all of this is the tuner.

BTW, this is a very smoke free set-up. It should net you about 625-650 with no problem.

Thanks I'll look into somethin along those lines

Dont be such a bich, man up and take responsibility for what you are saying. I started off with my suggestion on how to get what you wanted, you responded with....

Yeah but how long do you think the stock one is gonna last with all that strain on it? I'd rather do everything I'm gonna need all at the same time.

To me that means you know something I don't know about "straining" a stock pump with the setup I recommended, which is contradictory since you are the one asking questions... In short you are trying to tell me im wrong, your wrong. phuck you.

Heres where you bich out and act like you didnt mean what you said, then get butt hurt for me being a smartass...

Bich out again....

To my smart ass pump knowledge? I didn't say anything in a smartass tone, thanks for all your help, hope you feel like a badass lol

****in douche bag

Then you bich out and get butt hurt again...

If you are going to be this large of a vagina, I think you need to find a new forum. igotacummins.com is more your style. I started this thread with a legitimate post trying to helping you, and you came back with a smartass comment, guess what... this is what you get.

Last edited:
Dont be such a bich, man up and take responsibility for what you are saying. I started off with my suggestion on how to get what you wanted, you responded with....

To me that means you know something I don't know about "straining" a stock pump with the setup I recommended, which is contradictory since you are the one asking questions... In short you are trying to tell me im wrong, your wrong. phuck you.

Heres where you bich out and act like you didnt mean what you said, then get butt hurt for me being a smartass...

Bich out again....

Then you bich out and get butt hurt again...

If you are going to be this large of a vagina, I think you need to find a new forum. igotacummins.com is more your style. I started this thread with a legitimate post trying to helping you, and you came back with a smartass comment, guess what... this is what you get.

Lol okay badass Internet warrior, what I was gettin at when I asked if a stock one could handle that strain was that ive always been told that a cp3 upgrade was necessary to build big power, I was not trying to tell you that you were wrong, I just didn't quite get how that worked, why don't you get off your phuckin period and not be such a cry baby little ***** just because I asked a second question, and lol I'm *****ing out? Sorry I'm new to getting in Internet fights, good job, go tell mommy you punked someone on a diesel forum Hahahahaha faggot ass little *****

28899833.jpg

Sure did, and Bodie is a good guy, well ok maybe he is a smart ass, once in a while, but if you stay on this site, you will find more, a lot more lol

EFI live, a lift pump, 75 hp nozzles and a 63/68 you should be there.

Sure did, and Bodie is a good guy, well ok maybe he is a smart ass, once in a while, but if you stay on this site, you will find more, a lot more lol

EFI live, a lift pump, 75 hp nozzles and a 63/68 you should be there.

Unfortunately so am I so I'm sure this won't be the last time I get into it with someone lol, shoulda handled that better but it's hard for me to bite my tongue a lot of the time, sorry if what I said seemed like a smartass comment, that's not what I was trying to get at, thanks everyone for you help, my bad for startin an un needed argument

I would check out fleece performances BW S363 billet charger they are supposed to spool really well and make some decent #'s doing it. Some 90hp nozzles would do you fine with a good efilive tune and be smokeless. and also with most tuners tuning they eliminate the post injection and they bring on your fuel on a smoother curve then any box tuner which helps keep the rail full so you can get away with a stock cp3 no problem. I'd recommend dans diesel performance or Kory Willis @ PPEI for tuning