1000 HP D-max Airboat blowing smoke

Tony Burkhard

Here is a few pictures of the 1000 HP Airboat built by GTO Airboats powered by the 1000 HP D-max motor built by me.

Attachments

• airboat on water 5.jpg
    airboat on water 5.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 237
  • airboat on water 4.jpg
    airboat on water 4.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 348
  • airboat on water 3.jpg
    airboat on water 3.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 232
  • airboat on water 2.jpg
    airboat on water 2.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 199
  • airboat on water.jpg
    airboat on water.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 345
How do expect me to concentrate on the airboat with an avatar like that?:hehe:

What kind of combo to get to 1000 HP ? Stand alone controller?

Well congrats on your two firsts then. Although you could talk about it. Less things are a secret than you might think when it comes to this stuff. I dont believe your going to share anything that hasnt already been talked about on some level. I was just curious what routes you have taken to get to that level. Its not like 1000HP Dmax's are all over so its quite a feat if its for real. Believe it or not you can actually come off as more personable and add credibility to what you do when you stop shrouding everything in secrecy.

Well congrats on your two firsts then. Although you could talk about it. Less things are a secret than you might think when it comes to this stuff. I dont believe your going to share anything that hasnt already been talked about on some level. I was just curious what routes you have taken to get to that level. Its not like 1000HP Dmax's are all over so its quite a feat if its for real. Believe it or not you can actually come off as more personable and add credibility to what you do when you stop shrouding everything in secrecy.
Sorry no secrets here, I build motors for guys every day so theres no secrets. I get several calls aday about people that want to build motors and ill tell them how mine is built. The Power plant on that boat has 50k in it. I just dont have time to pound keys to tell you everything i have done to the motor. If you want to know give me a call.

I would have to agree with E.D. secrets don't make friends.

Spill the beans!:poke:

probly a single would not take much to get 1000 at the crank hp there not really any secret how to get that much out of them built short block nad maybe stage 1 heads with a good single charger will get you 1000 at the crank.

probly a single would not take much to get 1000 at the crank hp there not really any secret how to get that much out of them built short block nad maybe stage 1 heads with a good single charger will get you 1000 at the crank.

So that being said. Is it commonplace to have a $50,000 power plant build alone (engine, management, fuel, air , plumbing and related accessories) and ONLY put out somewhere in the mid 700's at the wheels in your 4X4 on a chassis dyno factoring in drive line loss?

If you add a truck and the rest of hardcore components on par with a build of this level you would rocket past $100,000 in a hurry.

The accomplishment would mean more if you didnt imply it was simple. I didnt assume it was simple thats why I asked about the combination. The implication of it being easy to achieve and Tony's claim of $50K dont really fit together do they? You wouldnt fork over $50K yourself for something easy, not many would.

Now to put it back on track, $50,000 1000hp, great. It being a unique application deserves congrats alone. The actual motor build up and that kind of money spent, my questioning was geared towards the custom pieces used to attain the end result. I would never imagine seeing cam specs or actual turbo information given, but maybe it had a custom dry sump oil system, one off hand built long runner intake manifold, maybe some unique cylinder head technology, some breakthrough cam profile.....ANYTHING.

Thats why I asked. I dont want to build an airboat. I dont own a Duramax. I have nothing against Tony. I am an enthusiast who can appreciate a high dollar engine build. No matter who's it is, but instead I got.......

"A little of this and that! :shake:"

What does that Rotator geardrive sound like at idle? Does it chatter because of the harmonics of the diesel motor?

Your right and I am sure it will get talked about in conversation. At that point its still a conversation with me. Any information is then second hand instead of delivered to anyone on here by the source. I would venture to say there might be a few curious readers who would like to know more about this project as it looks great, but arent going to pick up the phone and call a guy who's number they dont have. Me inquiring about the project could have been a good opportunity to share with others what makes your projects a cut above the rest and maybe bring your product/service to people who wouldnt normally come your way. You never know who's sitting back deciding where to bring their new project build.

Not every question has a hidden agenda behind it. Look at what was asked, it was an open door to walk through and pimp the build.

Your right and I am sure it will get talked about in conversation. At that point its still a conversation with me. Any information is then second hand instead of delivered to anyone on here by the source. I would venture to say there might be a few curious readers who would like to know more about this project as it looks great, but arent going to pick up the phone and call a guy who's number they dont have. Me inquiring about the project could have been a good opportunity to share with others what makes your projects a cut above the rest and maybe bring your product/service to people who wouldnt normally come your way. You never know who's sitting back deciding where to bring their new project build.

Not every question has a hidden agenda behind it. Look at what was asked, it was an open door to walk through and pimp the build.

Hmmmmmm......