1000 HP VP truck!!!!!

adam where is your truck at on #2 alone?

A while back it was in the 650 range. And it pulls a lot harder now. So I'm not real sure, I'll dyno it next week and find out. I've never built it as a fuel truck, I've always been a N2O junkie. It wont ever make a ton with the single and stock intercooler that's on it. At some point this summer I'm going to put a bottom turbo on it. But at the moment it's fun to beat up the twin trucks. LOL. The 982 pull was with a fairly small single stage, just an 86 jet.

Last edited:
spray is for people who CANT get there on fuel alone.... its like steroids... people cant do it on there own...

Ya, Thats fair. My truck is on Steroids. Come see if your health food eater can kick it's ass. Pretty bold of you to say I couldn't do it on fuel only considering you have no knowledge of my background. :hehe:

In fact thats the license plate frame on my Camaro "Car on Steroids" And so far none of these trucks even comes close to beating that things times from 15 years ago.

It takes knowledge to use steroids (Cars or people) Just by ingesting steroids you wont get positive results, It takes hard work and knowledge to obtain results. Don't be scared! Vajeen!

i would really like to see what could be done with a good ole hrvp and a silver bullet!! i like what the monster pumps are doin but unfortunately i can't afford one even if i could i would probly p-pump it!!

but kudos to ya man spray or not!!

Ya, Thats fair. My truck is on Steroids. Come see if your health food eater can kick it's ass. Pretty bold of you to say I couldn't do it on fuel only considering you have no knowledge of my background. :hehe:

In fact thats the license plate frame on my Camaro "Car on Steroids" And so far none of these trucks even comes close to beating that things times from 15 years ago.

It takes knowledge to use steroids (Cars or people) Just by ingesting steroids you wont get positive results, It takes hard work and knowledge to obtain results. Don't be scared! Vajeen!

Only if they knew....If you didnt have two jobs im sure youre truck would be a lot more than what it is now....How many people where turning up old chevy diesels in the early 90s? and 9 second street a car with slaper bars and 10.5 tires and all cast iron with gm production heads? How about building twin on the westcoast in 2000 and running 12s with a 24 valve? Guess you dont know anything:hehe:

Last edited:
i would really like to see what could be done with a good ole hrvp and a silver bullet!! i like what the monster pumps are doin but unfortunately i can't afford one even if i could i would probly p-pump it!!

but kudos to ya man spray or not!!

Thanks bud.

I'm 99% sure an HRVP can go over 1k. I plan on trying it soon. As the Monster isn't as streetable. My HRVP went 655(fuel only) 948(nitrous) without spikes, and I found I had a clogged fuel filter on the nitrous pass, it sucked down to 0psi. I never ran it again with a new filter.

This monster I think will go WAY over the 1k mark. It runs real rough with my street injectors though. I'm going to try a few things to smooth it out, But if I cant, it will probably spend a lot of time on the shelf, next to my big injectors. This was the first time on a dyno with this setup, And the setup was kind of a shot in the dark. I cant wait to tune it, I could see it making another 200 or so.:nos:

I'll post what that HRVP does when I play with it. Now that we have a Dyno, This VP number will start climbing..:evil

Only if they knew....If you didnt have two jobs im sure youre truck would be a lot more than what it is now....How many people where turning up old chevy diesels in the early 90s? and 9 second street a car with slaper bars and 10.5 tires and all cast iron with gm production heads? How about building twin on the westcoast in 2000 and running 12s with a 24 valve? Guess you dont know anything:hehe:

The Camaro street car ran 8.90s.....and Adam was prob the first one on the west coast to build a set of twins for a cummins in 01 on Nowell Thomas's truck and then run 12s

Congrats again on the run. What was cool is that the crowd seemed pretty well informed in that they started clapping when the truck broke 1000hp, I think a lot of people there knew that was the mark you were looking for. I was right by the exhaust and can tell you that the fueling did look a little inconsistant, it cleaned up for a second, then black, then clean, etc. I dunno how much further a VP will go, but I am sure you'll find out LOL.

Jason

It was a great run Adam, I bet you gained 100hp though now that you got rid of that totally unnecessary passenger's side door handle ;)

i really wanna try a monster pump now! as i am about to start building and trying some low buck do-it-yourelf ideas i got floatin around! i have a backup pump so we will see

Ain't that the truth! Especially since he drove it there.

So you're saying he risked WALKING home?!?:hehe:
To some folks racing without an air filter is cheating, He made the power, period.

So you're saying he risked WALKING home?!?:hehe:
To some folks racing without an air filter is cheating, He made the power, period.

Only slightly...LOL I have heard alot of great things about Adam from both Adam Ross and Chris Sutton. He seems to push the mark when he can. Glad to see it be done AND him not have to walk home!:Cheer:

travis only you and one or two others knew about the stuff i was doing with my duallie, its just to bad i had to sell it before i got to throw some big numbers down to. its cool to hear about people trying crazy new things weather they work out or not. i mean what am i talking about, your just as crazy as us travis since i know some of the other stuff your working on and with now to lol. talk to ya later buddy.

Thanks everyone! It still has a lot more in it too.

I wanted to do it at an event and a known dyno so the naysayers would have less to whine about. As far as the setup, It is a Monster I bought from CSUTTON, the injectors I'm not going to disclose. It was done using a Drag Comp only, a single 66, and the motor has never been out of the truck, and it still has the stock cam. Keep in mind this setup gets changed often so just because I was running something a week ago doesn't mean It's still in the truck.

And no I didn't run a 10.18, In fact the truck didn't make a full pass all night. It would hit 72psi and then blow a boot off, despite having the internal gate open at 38 psi. Time for an external gate.

It was good hanging out with everyone, A fun event for sure.

To the Naysayers from last time :kick:

I scanned the dyno sheet to my computer, But it currently exceeds the limit for the site. Anyone know how to fix this?

Adam,

Awesome job.:rockwoot: Wish I could have been there to see it. Nowel would be very proud.:clap: