110# spring sale

Hamilton Cams

ignorant
When I started selling cams, my main goal was to give the best products possible at the best prices. To keep good on my promise, we have decided to have a sale on our 110# 24v springs. Until the end of the year they will Be $349 per set. This sale combined with our trade up to Hamilton Cams program, ensure we have the best quality, prices, and value on diesel valvetrain components. Feel free to call us or any of our dealers.

Thanks,
Zach Hamilton

I think I am going to get me a set of these, but one quick question since your knowledge on springs is much greater than mine. How come on a 12V, 60 lb. springs are considered an upgrade, but not on my 24V? I know the stock 24V ones are 60 lbs, but not considered up to the task of 4K rpms. And guys turning those rpms on a 12V seem to be OK?

man i just bought a set of these 2 1/2 weeks to early! dag nab it! oh yeah i love the springs so far truck is pulling alot harder than it used to without the h2 cam (couldn't beat the price) and 110lb springs

When I started selling cams, my main goal was to give the best products possible at the best prices. To keep good on my promise, we have decided to have a sale on our 110# 24v springs. Until the end of the year they will Be $349 per set. This sale combined with our trade up to Hamilton Cams program, ensure we have the best quality, prices, and value on diesel valvetrain components. Feel free to call us or any of our dealers.

Thanks,
Zach Hamilton

This is what I need to run / get the TNT/R tune right???

Contact number ??

As I understand it...the 12V 60lb springs are 60lbs OVER stock pressure....not 60 lbs total.

That would make sense... Just curious since I am getting a Redline for my truck in the next week or so and figure on doing the springs and possibly a cam at the same time.

You guys don't happen to rent out spring compressors do you? I have my Hamilton springs ready to go in. Just didn't want to spend the money on a tool I'm only going to use once. Thanks, Colin

Most auto parts stores will rent out tools like that...if they have the one you need.
I've rented one time use tools from Auto Zone several times...pitan arm pullers, etc.

The 60# springs typically end up around 150lbs +/- 5lbs. The 60lb. rating is a measure of how much back pressure the spring can control. These springs are used in engines that have exhaust brakes, where the back pressure is much greater than factory. You might ask, if they are fine to 60 lbs why do I need any better? Pressure X Surface area= force. The intake of the 12v is larger so it can only effectively control around 35psi of pressure on the valve face. This problem is greatly intensified as pressure and RPMs increase or if a larger valve is being used. Over 3800 rpm and 35lbs of boost the valve IS NOT being controled properly in a 12v, even with 60lb ers. The gram weight per lb. of spring pressure of the valve train in a 24v with stock springs is similar to the mass of the 12v valve train with 60lb springs. Around 3800 rpm the 24v valve train becomes unstable, this is because there is not enough spring pressure to control the mass in motion. One edge that the 24v has over the 12v is that it has less surface area on the face of the valve so it typically can handle around 50psi before better springs are necessary. If you are over 50psi and over 3800rpm with your 24v, you need springs! I have seen people run fine to 4500rpm plus on 24v engines without failures but there was definately valve float. I hear a lot of people say that seat pressure is irrelevant. But when boost pressures are over 50lbs, it is a major part of the equation. If your intake or exhaust opens before the cam tells it to, Engine efficiency is greatly diminished!

There is a tool floating around for rent just do a search. If this one can't be found I will start a pay it forward program like the kdp tool a few years back on TDR. How it works is I will buy a couple v.s tools and send them to whoever needs them. I will post who has them on a new thread. Those people use them then pay shipping to get to the next guy. I would be more than happy to do this for compd members. The problem with this is a lot of people would get the tool and then take 6 months to put the springs in. It would be up to compd members to keep track of the tool and make sure that nobody took too long, broke the tool, or flat out steals it. How does this sound to everybody? Post up if you are in. If there is enough interest I will start it tommorrow.

Skynyrd- This is still America and you can run whatever you want. However, if you ever want to trade up I would be glad to swap you so that the general public can get a good view of the benefits of our Products. Let me know. I am glad to hear you have my springs though. Hopefully my springs and Dons cam are getting along! I am sorry you missed the sale. Call me and I will hook you up with a good price on pushrods if you need some.

Zach Hamilton

There is a tool floating around for rent just do a search. If this one can't be found I will start a pay it forward program like the kdp tool a few years back on TDR. How it works is I will buy a couple v.s tools and send them to whoever needs them. I will post who has them on a new thread. Those people use them then pay shipping to get to the next guy. I would be more than happy to do this for compd members. The problem with this is a lot of people would get the tool and then take 6 months to put the springs in. It would be up to compd members to keep track of the tool and make sure that nobody took too long, broke the tool, or flat out steals it. How does this sound to everybody? Post up if you are in. If there is enough interest I will start it tommorrow.Zach Hamilton

Are you talkin about valve spring tools as in Lisle 16750 or Lisle 44300 ???