12v head...stock appearing

pullings gay anyways i know Zack built these head for high performance dyno and drag yall all keep thinking it was only for the (all important sled pullers ) i cant wait to get a set and beat my best freind in his sweet duramax with my old piece haha thanks a trillion zack your the hero for the dino's, major props!!!

Boy, every time I read one of these puller ***** threads, I wonder if you guys realize all types of motorsports have issues with big money buying wins.

The less operator talent plays into winning the worse it is.

RonH you are rite {It just takes a little more home work, and work, than just getting the checkbook out }

Dale

Like I posted earlier, I was ignorant in posting this thread. It makes absolutely no difference what I think about a sport regardless of how shortsighted or unenforceable I think the rules are.

In many forms of racing, if you meet the inducer rule and weight, you can run. This allows a lot of innovation in many areas and continues the forward progress of the sport. What I am afraid of is that our heads, springs, puhrods, cams, pistons, valves, and even our new pump cams are not OE or OE appearing. It is a very poor business proposition to make products that might be outlawed at any point. For this reason I cannot see any reason for doing any more research and developement on any pulling products. From now on we will be focusing on street and racing applications only for new products.

Zach

Last edited:
What I am afraid of is that our heads, springs, puhrods, cams, pistons, valves, and even our new pump cams are not OE or OE appearing.

Let's not make it out to be more than it is Zach, the OEM cylinder head rule is common and has been in place for some time, and I do not see it changing. The other parts you listed have no OEM requirement, they are not visible to a Tech are they?

How can you say that you don’t have to spend a lot of money to win? I live 25 minutes from Adam hallien, he is the perfect example of this. I see him pull multiple times a week and aside from that random bad run he has, he is very rarely even close to being touched. If your not spending the money you will not beat him or the likes of his truck on a common basis.
This is also running against Web, Smoot, overmyer and truck that otherwise are runners. Trucks that usually place top 10 at SDX and other national scale events.... just my $.02

I know who they all are, i have ran against all of them, more than a few times. I know who places top 10 at national events, as i pulled at all of them this year. I said how much money i have spent on my truck. Did i not give you an example? Do you know how much money they have in their set ups? How do i need to explain myself more? No i dont pull against them on a weekly basis as i live 8+ hours away, but i have pulled against Hallien and Smoot more than a handful of times this year, both good guys with winning set ups. But id bet they do their homework more than they spend money, like me. Like i said, yes it takes money, any motorsport does, but not 20k plus a year just to stay in the top runnings and def not a 50k+ big cube motor if you do your homework.

Like I posted earlier, I was ignorant in posting this thread. It makes absolutely no difference what I think about a sport regardless of how shortsighted or unenforceable I think the rules are.

In many forms of racing, if you meet the inducer rule and weight, you can run. This allows a lot of innovation in many areas and continues the forward progress of the sport. What I am afraid of is that our heads, springs, puhrods, cams, pistons, valves, and even our new pump cams are not OE or OE appearing. It is a very poor business proposition to make products that might be outlawed at any point. For this reason I cannot see any reason for doing any more research and developement on any pulling products. From now on we will be focusing on street and racing applications only for new products.

Zach

I wouldnt say ignorant, dont get all butt hurt and pout now. I was just asking cause it seems you didnt know what side of the fence to ride. You said we needed and all out 2.6 class, and also said we needed to run box stock chargers. That is very contridicting.

pullings gay anyways i know Zack built these head for high performance dyno and drag yall all keep thinking it was only for the (all important sled pullers ) i cant wait to get a set and beat my best freind in his sweet duramax with my old piece haha thanks a trillion zack your the hero for the dino's, major props!!!

Nobody is bashing his product. Rules are Rules, organizations need them, are they all right? Nope, cant please everyone. Just cause you dont understand that doesnt mean "pullings" gay.

I think everyone needs to get over themselves. If someone wants to sell a part thats not legal in your class, so what. Its up to you to buy it. Person that buys it is the cheater. "Getting around the rules" is no different than all the bs that has went on with turbo's. Is it going to make such a difference the truck will go from losing to winning, no. But is it against the rules, yes. Don't be mad at the guy if he see's a potential demand for something. Is it about $$$? Umm... Isn't that his job? Making and selling parts for trucks?

If your not cheating your not winning. LOL

NOTE: I'm not on any "bandwagon" with Hamilton either.

Last edited:
I think everyone needs to get over themselves. If someone wants to sell a part thats not legal in your class, so what. Its up to you to buy it. Person that buys it is the cheater. "Getting around the rules" is no different than all the bs that has went on with turbo's. Is it going to make such a difference the truck will go from losing to winning, no. But is it against the rules, yes. Don't be mad at the guy if he see's a potential demand for something. Is it about $$$? Umm... Isn't that his job? Making and selling parts for trucks?

If your not cheating your not winning. LOL

NOTE: I'm not on any "bandwagon" with Hamilton either.

Well i agree, its up to the truck owner to push the rules, i dont think anybody is telling him not to sell the heads. I just dont think he will get responses on a public forum on how to push the rules. The people responding will get a bullseye on their backs.

There is no good way to run motor sports and keep prices down. When you start limiting to casting numbers you end up with guys at the boneyard buying up all parts with a certain casting number just to find the one that fits the bill. I know of guys that would get every stock rocker arm just to get a set with the most lift do to production tolerances or buying as many stock rods as they could to find the lightest one as the rules allow all but one to be lightened (old gasser classes). In the end it would just cost everybody less money to allow after market parts. About the only way to make racing cheap is have claimer rules. Say keep your pump and turbo and the rest can be confiscated. This levels the field some but the guys with the deepest pockets can still spend the most for the best parts. Lets face it guys, cheating the rules is how peolpe win. Its all about the grey areas and how you exploit them to your advantage. Pretty much all rules sarted out as a grey area that someone figured out. Sure some guys are better tuners than others but it doesn't hurt to start with a superior part. Racing just is not cheap whether it is pulling, drag, or dyno queens.

If I remember right a IH casting head wasn't OEM in a Dodge pickup. So how many cheaters are out there?

Bull**** it aint.... I have a dodge with one of those heads..... It's never been off as far as the last 3 owners have told me and was bone stock on the pump when I got it.......

And as far as Zac promoting cheating, I say go for it... All the "winners" are cheating already... They are in big with the sanctioning bodies and slip under the radar. THis gives the rest of us a chance to compete... I think outlawing a head is just ridiculous. If it's a cast head, let er run.

I don't condone cheating, period. I do think that the rules need to be written better though. OEM appearing can be read many different ways, by different people.

With all of this negativity around our 12v head, I wonder if it is even a good idea to come out with a better head for the CR engines.

negativity? from the posts ive read everyone thinks its wonderful....but still questionable to many. i'd say the easiest way to make up your mind about a CR casting would be easy....all you gotta do is look and see ....are the 12v heads selling? if those wont, i dunno why a CR would sell any better. seems to me if you wanna do it right this time you'll make the head look 100% stock by outer appearance. you do that....everyone will run it if the price is $2500 or less....and it will be accepted by all classes.