17,000psi... now that aint right?

i told them that someone on here told me to get with them... he said just send it in saying i talked to him and he wouldnt charge me anything... so that puts TS and Xtreme diesel at the top of my customer satisfaction list...

so now thats taken care of... gotta figure out the hard start still... thanks for the help on the MP-8!

welp... went to cummins this morning and grabbed some injector tube O-rings... this way my motor was nice and hot when i got home and i could try the "torque the tubes when the motors hot" method... only i added swapping the orings just incase... so i did... and it started on the 3rd turn over... the first 3 times i started it anyways... drove it around the block and back home... cut it off and started it back... 8 turnovers to start... 3 times... so that didnt work... this frickin SUCKS!!! but most of yall have given up on it since i rarel get replys anymore... lol... but figured for someone elses sake while googling maybe this can help...

I'm fighting a similar problem in a truck. I haven't got mine fixed yet, but at least I now know where I need to look further. I used a BB from a normal bb gun to plug the line from the fuel rail to each injector one at a time and then started the truck. Do this for each injector one at a time until you find the injector that is causing the problem. It will start very quick when you have the problem injector line plugged with the bb. I have changed out the connector tube on my problem injector and it didn't fix it, so I need to go a bit further with mine. I was leary about the bb plug method, but it really does work. I can't take credit at all for this test, but I will pass the info along as I learned it on another board. Good luck.

lol... thats another way to do it i guess... kinda scary also... i actually had made two plugs from a old injector line... cut and had the ends welded... gave one to Jeff Garmon since he gave me the line... and then my truck never cut off all the way... my problem is that if i break into the system aka take a line off and put it back on... itll start right back on the first few tries until i drive it around the block... so this method probly wont work for me i dont think... oh and i gave that other plug i made to one of Jeffs guys since i didnt think i would ever use it anyways... lol... i could borrow it again if i thought it would help... but i dunno... thanks for the info though!

Found a fix yet? Sounds just as frustrating as my truck. I've been having similar issues. But 3 days ago it stopped starting. If I need it to run now I've got to spray it with starting fluid which I hate to do. But then it runs just fine

Finally got mine fixed today. I got the injector changed out that I narrowed down with the BB method stated above. Fires right up now everytime.

I'd be a little leary taking any info from a rookie poster about putting a bb in the injector line too, but it worked out good for me.

well I just read through this entire post and I was having similar issues with mine and i had one connectors tube that was fubared It looked like a star pattern where it sits in the injector mine was hard to start and dropped down to like 4000 psi and took for ever to recoup what i did was went back to to book and did it as cummins recomends set the injector in the bores then install tubes at like 133 in lbs then torque inj to 89 in lbs then connector to 34 foot lbs using new connectors 15 dollars each from industrial injection then torque injectors to 13 ft lbs making sure to alternate 90 degrees each injector nut untill 13 is reached .wires torque to 13 in lbs lines torque to 27 lbs . now this is off memmory and im kinda old but I hope it helps also you may want to reinstall a good and working rail reliefas it is hard on injectors with the pressure boxes.

Sorry bout that you might look the ones you have over real good and reuse the good ones. the bad tube I had hada star pattern on the tip all the good ones had very small rings.
good luck

I've just read this entire post and I am having the same problem as hunting man. My truck when it sits for a little while like over thirty minutes it is very hard to start. When you crank it it will spin over about one time and fire off then shut back down and unless you hold the key over it will keep shutting off. It will crank everytime you hit the key but shut right back unless you do what I stated above. I know I would be real appreciative if some one could help me out.

i told them that someone on here told me to get with them... he said just send it in saying i talked to him and he wouldnt charge me anything... so that puts TS and Xtreme diesel at the top of my customer satisfaction list...

ha thanks man, good to hear :rockwoot:

sorry guys i havent been on here in months... i was about 1.5 hours away about 2 months ago and went to back out of a parking spot and it shut off... wouldnt start back up... waited till my buddy came and got me with his gooseneck and pulled the COV valve... has metal all in it... so the pump went out... i google searcher CP3 and craigslist... i live in GA but pulled up a listing for a industrail injection rebuild for $150... never was re-installed... been sitting on his shelf.... so i sent him $200 paypal and he had his buddy flow test it before he sent it.... 26% over stock and worked fine still... got it a week later and installed it... NOPE!!! still have a hard start till this day... i also then tried the methos above with torquing while warm... at the same time i replaced the o rings from cummins south... this helped alot... i havent used eather since... it always starts but it still take 8 to 12 spins to start... so now as a recap...

Garmons diesel tested injectors and tested good as NEW
industrial injection CP3 freshly rebuilt
overflow valve welded up and caped... lol
no fuel leaks
both batteries are new and test great, spins over plenty fast
injector tube o rings brand new from cummins and torqued while the motor was still warm...
injector tubes "look" fine but i think thats the next thing to replace...there still round with no nicks or anything...

check the check valve in the back of the head?

uh... ive looked back there but theres just a line coming from the back of the head to the back of the filter tank... never seen a check valve and this is a first ive heard of also... lol