17,000psi... now that aint right?

today i went to get some cherokee parts for my trail rig off craigslist about 1.5 hours away... went to leave from up there... backing up and bam... thought i hit something but my truck just shutoff and stopped... no chug chug chug... just... off... wouldnt start back... hit it with either... starts... folks said the CP3's dont hardly go bad... well... im pretty sure they are wrong... after a year of chasing this... im now forced to spend a crap load of money... cause i gotta have my work truck... this sucks...

im having the same prob for bout a month my mines worse i see down to 4000 rail psi i also have code p0148 replaced cp3 with II30%, still drops im seein 16fuel psi at wot, caped rail, fuel filters, injectors from II.. nothing has helped... on the high way it will get up to 20,000psi but never over as soon as i excellerate it drops.... b4 i had a ez with farmboys 90's they ran great for 1 1/2months then one day it just happend im bout to go do the return test, i also have a modded rail im going to throw on ill let yall know what happens

i couldnt due the return test on mine... what kind of modded rail do you have? havent heard of that one...

honestly not sure? but a buddy gave it to me bc he just wrecked his truck

i dought it will fix my prob unless something is stuck in the rail? but while im there might as well... someone told me bout a checkvalve on the return line off the back of the head could tht have something to do with it?

yeah i dont see how it could but ya never know... the other rail have a different relief valve? youve checked that out already right?

a new cp3 isnt to much money---- 1500 for a stage 3 cp3 or 5-600 for a new stock one.

plenty of used ones for sale as well

aahh... but when i first got it and plugged it in i had a big power gain and even more smoke... dont have any smoke now...
from this statement sounds like ur pump is wore out or u have no fuel to burn if ur injectors are good ur cascade valve could be messed up but i have only seen one and the dealership screwed it up

found a industrial injection rebuilt CP3 never installed stage 1 mods for $150plus shipping... so im gettin that joker reguardless... but it should finally fix it... ill let yall know for sure...

i have the relief valve capped but did the flow return test...... doesnt look good, i ended up with 7oz coming from the back of the head and like a quart from the cp3.. does this mean my connector tubes are bad bc i didn replace them when i thought it was injectors?

7oz from the head doesnt sound good... from the cp3 or filter bowl thats probly fine... you got all new injectors?

i pulled the CP3 today and pulled off the fca andgear box to check them out... found another big ole shaving on the outside of the FCA... queston is... is it possible these shaving from the CP3 going out, got in the lines and injectors now? i wouldnt think so or everytime someone CP3 goes out they gotta get all injectors and crap too... just wanted to make sure... also should i be able to spin the cp3? ive got the nut on it and spin it to the right but it takes alot to make it turn... thought i should spin freely... thanks!

:confused: Where are all the metal shaving particles coming from? :what:

see the pic above... lol... got towed by a dang ford when my CP3 went out an hour and a half away... well pretty sure it was the cp3... was backing up from the paeking spot to head home and it just cutoff and stopped in it tracks... no chugging or anything... just off... wouldnt start back... would with starting fluid though...

i'm coming in on this a little late and kinda skimmed over every post but i read that your fuel pressure when your turn you key on is 7-8 psi what is it at idle?? a stock lift pump at idle and cruise should be 12-13 psi. with my aftermarket lift pump i'm running around 23psi of fuel pressure. if you are running nly 7-8psi of fuel pressure then you will have issues running higher rail pressure due to the cp3 not getting fuel.
Hmm, not starting a pissing match, but Ive never seen a stock lift pump make more than 9-10psi, mine was a 8psi.
Just getting in this thread...

I had this problem after I installed my new injectors turned out, I didnt get the #6 injector tube torque to spec (I was 8ft lbs low), and it cause bad power lose and wouldnt build RP, and thinking about it, it would only hold 16-17k.

But now that it wont start Id def. think it's the FCA or CP3 pump.

i replaced th FCA like a month ago witha brand new one from dodge and didnt do any good... waiting on a guy to get me a shippig price so i can get the CP3 mailed to me... hes taking his time as my truck sits broke... lol... sucks but at the deal im getting i guess i cant wait...

i hadnt heard of a stock pump running that much either... but...

Last edited:
there ya go triton, bh10 had the same issue i did. it does make a difference

well i put the new rail on and retorqued everything still got the same issue??? ordered new connector tubes from II as soon as they get here im taking it back to stock and hopefully wont have anymore problems