188/220 over 181/210 Test Results

I just did a swap and the 188 made a huge difference on my truck. It wakes up the s400 probably three hundred rpms quicker, carries more boost while towing, and the smoke is way down both during spool and at high rpms. This is in a 6.7 application and the drive pressure does not seem to be too much different than before, Great product Zach!

I just did a swap and the 188 made a huge difference on my truck. It wakes up the s400 probably three hundred rpms quicker, carries more boost while towing, and the smoke is way down both during spool and at high rpms. This is in a 6.7 application and the drive pressure does not seem to be too much different than before, Great product Zach!

If it's spooling sooner, you're probably seeing lower egts at cruise? How's the mileage?

If it's spooling sooner, you're probably seeing lower egts at cruise? How's the mileage?

The cruise egt's are around the same 600-800, mileage is close the truck averages 16-18 and it seems to be on par with that. Driving with a s400 as a single you are under the charger most of the time under normal driving so the cruise stuff has not changed too much. The big difference I notice is when you start to add just a little fuel you are off and running way sooner. This truck feels like I went back to a s300 with a trailer behind it, I am very happy with the results. My guess is your gate would be working overtime in front of the 4094 with this cam.

What size S400 are you running Backhoe man?With my single S475 and 100% over injectors this cam sounds like the cats ass.

can you run the 188 if you have your head decked say 10 thousandths? or will there be clearance issues

:rockwoot: is it going to have a big chunk of iron with it? Or will that be later this week? I should just pm you but I'm on my phone and fat fingers make it hard to hit the right buttons.

I am waiting on a switch for my valve grinder to do the valve job. That should be here today or tomorrow.

Zach

Hell just post it. Unless Rich gets a special "lives close" price. I'm curious too, and I know others are.

Mine is on the way, but I am changing more than just the cam. Hey Zach, if I deck the head .006 and the deck .004 and run a single hole mls gasket, will I need to slightly flycut a set of qsb's?

should be good to go. Check the Piston to valve clearance. I think it will be over .045", but if it is tight, you can just retard it a few degrees. You will not lose much if any performance.

$699 for all custom grinds.

We have them being cut on cast and steel cams next shipment for all of the pullers. Steel cams are $999

Our new 230-240-107 .406"/.420" will be steel and slightly more because it has cam bushings as well.

Last edited:
Zach, I'm curious to how my 199/210 will compare before I stick it in the p pumped motor?