1947 Dodge WDX-31

Got the chassis back from the media blaster today. Also got the Truck Lite cab marker lights today so I set them on the roof to see how I like them. I will properly measure the layout and install them this weekend, along with getting serious about engine mount fabrication.

DSC_0181.jpg

Wow this is a killer idea, and an awesome project. Keep the pics coming. Ive got a 1950 and a 1952 dodge pickup, and I would love to do this to one of them.

Wow this is a killer idea, and an awesome project. Keep the pics coming. Ive got a 1950 and a 1952 dodge pickup, and I would love to do this to one of them.

Get moving on one of them! Cut that firewall and set an engine in there!

Get moving on one of them! Cut that firewall and set an engine in there!

I wish I had the time haha. Oh well maybe one day. A 6.7 job rated 52 is kind of what I had in mind, if not a 6.7 than atleast a CR.

Got the paint today. A few gallons of Patriot Blue Pearl base, along with the clear coat, reducers, hardeners, etc.

DSC_0242.jpg

It is an appropriate color. The name fits me, the color is very close to the original blue, and it is a Mopar color.

I'm a wet-sanding madman. Hopefully shooting color tomorrow night

The top of the grill shell

DSC_0259.jpg

one side of the hood.

DSC_0260.jpg

lesson of the night at auto body class....painting anything with louvers sucks! A couple of sags in the sealer coat, tried to bury them with the color but didn't work. I'll be wet sanding them out tomorrow, then shooting a couple more base coats then clear. #1 lesson in auto body work...PATIENCE!