1967 RS Duramax Camaro

:thumbup::cool::beer: well done sir, well done

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk

Looking great!

Have a couple questions...

Why the crinkle bend piping? And why the 90* silicone boots?

I agree. The 90* boots are a problem. Build it out of pipe and use straight connectors. The car looks great!

:thumbup: :cool: :beer: well done sir, well done

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk

Nice fit-up work on that intake tubing!:Cheer:

Looking AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree. The 90* boots are a problem. Build it out of pipe and use straight connectors. The car looks great!

Holy moly this is so great!!

:thankyou2: The intercooler boots will be changed with pipe later down the road. They're working fine for now.

Couple videos.

This is when I took a friend for a quick test ride. Spinning the tires through second and letting off. Chirped the tires shifting into third, not a full throttle run.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JquY1bNeNKg"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JquY1bNeNKg[/ame]

This one I took my fiance for a ride around the block. The video really accentuates the rattles from the doors being disassembled and the lift pump being annoyingly loud. The rear axle is also making a whining sound over 20mph, so that's on my list of things to fix soon. This was also not a full throttle run.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvSefVqal5M"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvSefVqal5M[/ame]

I have only loaded a small tune on it and it runs great. There's still a lot of little things to work out and fix, but it'll get there.

Gawd Damn that car is beautiful! Again, congrats!!!

That's awesome!

:rockwoot: I'm loving it. I've been parking the Camaro in front of our shop the last few weeks and it has been getting a lot of attention from folks driving by and clients coming in to get their cars repaired. Almost everybody loves it, but one guy called me a "phucking hillbilly" for putting a diesel in it. I have to laugh, because not a day has gone by that I have doubted my decision to put a Duramax in it. It's more fun to drive now than the 600hp small block that used to be in it.

motor swaps in classic cars can be a religious thing to some

Very true. There are a lot of purists in my area that like to keep things original. I don't see anything wrong with that, but stock isn't much fun.

Freaking awesome.

:thankyou2:

My fiance started a facebook page for the Camaro last night. I'm going to try to keep everyone updated as much as I can.

https://www.facebook.com/duramaxcamaro

Drake at Total Performance Diesel in Santa Rosa is having a dyno day in March, 2014 that I plan on attending, and the NHRDA season opener is at Famoso Raceway in March which I'm also planning on attending. We will see how the next couple months pan out for me and if I can be ready in time.

I'm definitely in love now!! Boy you weren't kidding about that fuel pump being loud! Can you isolate it (rubber/polyurethane) is it the pump itself so loud? I'd hafta rectify that.

But gosh dang that is such a badass car!!!

I'm definitely in love now!! Boy you weren't kidding about that fuel pump being loud! Can you isolate it (rubber/polyurethane) is it the pump itself so loud? I'd hafta rectify that.

But gosh dang that is such a badass car!!!

LOL thanks. Yes I mounted it on a rubber pad. You should have heard it before that. I think it is the pump itself that makes it so loud, I will be looking into quieting it down more, I would hate to get rid of it prematurely just because it's loud.

Can you fit a Kennedy-style pump setup in there? Those pumps are very quiet.

Wicked!!!
I had a 67 myself many years ago, never would have thought about putting a Diesel in one.

It sounds bad ass and it looks bad ass! Congrats on a great job on the build. Some people are going to hate it but they can fly a kite. :) I get more positive comments on mine than negative for sure. There's always a pissy purist that thinks these cars were perfect when you first started on them. Haha

Last edited:
Can you fit a Kennedy-style pump setup in there? Those pumps are very quiet.

Not sure, are you talking about a pump from Kennedy diesel? I'll have to look at his website. I was also picturing the pump that PPE sells. I need to get dimensions of other pumps if this one doesn't quiet down more.

Wicked!!!
I had a 67 myself many years ago, never would have thought about putting a Diesel in one.

:thankyou2: Everyone thought I was crazy at first.

It sounds bad ass and it looks bad ass! Congrats on a great job on the build. Some people are going to hate it but they can fly a kite. :) I get more positive comments on mine than negative for sure. There's always a pissy purist that thinks these cars were perfect when you first started on them. Haha

:thankyou2: You would definitely know! I'm really looking forward to next year hitting the drag strip and a few local car shows, among other things. My dad is also coming out here in a couple weeks for Christmas and if the roads are dry, I'm taking him for a ride :evil

Nice looking car man. Definitely one of the coolest camaros i have seen

:thankyou2:

Back