1969 Ford Cummins Crew Conversion....

What about using an industrial manifold and flipping it like Ncovey used?

Hey DW... good to hear from you!

Is that one of those with the flange 90 degrees to the head... I have to see if I can find Ncovey's stuff. Was it on CompD?

:Cheer:

i had a 3rd gen manifold and ported it to match exhaust ports , went to bolt on and wouldnt quite match bolt pattern! i went with industrial application. be sure and port any stock manifold if you go that route. i also plated my firewall for clutch cylinder but firewall still flexed so i ran a support brace to frame on an angle to shock mount. project looks awesome,nice work

Hey WK thanks for that idea... I will have a look at that this week.

I also remember seeing someone that had the primary mounted up high, but can't seem to find that discussion?

:)

Hrdrokn, if you would like, I have an extra industrial manifold I could send you and see if you can make it work on there.

Here is a pic of the industrial manifold I'm talking about. All you have to do is flip it and position your turbos according. You might be able to make it work with the primary facing forward instead of backwards like Nicholas had to.
IMG_0317.jpg

Hrdrokn, if you would like, I have an extra industrial manifold I could send you and see if you can make it work on there.

Hey DW... I think I have one of those manifolds in the shed. Looks familiar as the T3 flange sits flat rather than angled.

:ft:

Even though it was a day spent with the little woman...... she went to the store and ran into the garage and installed the clutch! :badidea: Yep, I got busted as I wasn't finished when she returned....

C050109-1.jpg

C050109-2.jpg

C050109-3.jpg

:bow:

Got the fith gear nut all torqued today.... hit her with 300ft/lbs and red locktite, cranked the set screws and peened the lip of the nut into the slot in the shaft. So we will see how this works out... if it comes loose then I'll put a torgue king shaft in it. Cast iron tail housing all buttoned up....

T050509-1.jpg

Also got some work done on the lower coilover mounts.....

A050509-2.jpg

Well with a little help from the wife (needed a hydraulics op) got the trans in today....

T050609-3.jpg

T050609-2.jpg

Hydraulic ops viewpoint... nothing like spending time together.:blahblah1:
T050609-4.jpg

Just got off graves this morning..... took a nap, had some lunch with the little woman, took her for a country ride on the Harley, came home and started working on that hydraulic clutch.

As suspected that firewall needed some reinforcement! I also found my peddle stroke to be too short for my liking. So I decided to pull the whole assembly out and build it as a stand alone solution and then bolt back to the firewall.

C051209-1.jpg

C051209-2.jpg

C051209-3.jpg

Picked up this little gem to help with some intake clearance for the primary turbo in my twin set up....

Cummins remote filter plate
A051609-1.jpg

This was one of the problems...
T042009-13.jpg

:rockwoot:

Man you have come a long way on that baby. It's cool to see someone fab so much and it look good.
Gitr done!

Picked up this little gem to help with some intake clearance for the primary turbo in my twin set up....

Cummins remote filter plate
A051609-1.jpg

:rockwoot:

Awesome!

Where'd you get that plate from? What's the cummins part number?