1989 CR? what do i need to do?

only one daily driven Common Rail with stock rods that is doing 1300 rear wheel hp, that I know of

anything north of 22 mpg in a 4x4 I have a problem agreeing with

you get 22 mpg with your big tires/lift?

I never said there were, i said dont be suprised when you guys start to see them. and i do not have my lift or tires on any more.

I've had two CR's... my '04 sits similar to yours. I can run the Smarty on an econo-tune, and it won't do 22mpg. granted it's got Toyo MT's and replacement bumpers.

I don't see injectors that will support 1000rwhp knocking down 30mpg

Hellmann's truck gets like 26mpg on the highway, I don't think he's at 1000hp, and his truck is actually somewhat aerodynamic compared to a 1st gen. and it weighs less than 5000lbs

If you dont believe my MPG then start a thread on MPG and CR's lots of people see 20+ mpg. I need information on the swap.

If you dont believe my MPG then start a thread on MPG and CR's lots of people see 20+ mpg. I need information on the swap.

I know lots of CR's see 20+mpg

lots of lifted CR's on 35's don't!

the swap? get an engine, harness, and ECM and install it. done

I would tend to agree, mine reads 23mpg but it is actually only 16-17mpg

well i guess this thread was a waste.

:clap::clap::clap:

Omg and yet again I have to defend my self. I was only asking for information I did not want to have to defend my self to everyone. Anyways what about the dmax mustang that’s getting 40+ mpg? What about all the dmax chevelle swaps that is getting 40+ mpg? What about the couple people in full sized dodge Cummins getting 26+ mpg? So why can’t a truck they weighs 2500 pounds lighter get 6 more mpg better then and full sized truck?

I've personally drove a single cab 06 cummins versus my mega and it weighs 2000 lbs lighter and my mega got better mpg's!!

20 mpg yeah i can see that 30 no way in hell un less your burning c n g!

and at 1000hp... sorry but after 700 hp on a daily driver unless you turn all the electronics off mpg aren't that good as a stock truck...

I can get 18 mpg with my mega weighing it at 8k and rolling 35's

I've personally drove a single cab 06 cummins versus my mega and it weighs 2000 lbs lighter and my mega got better mpg's!!

20 mpg yeah i can see that 30 no way in hell un less your burning c n g!

and at 1000hp... sorry but after 700 hp on a daily driver unless you turn all the electronics off mpg aren't that good as a stock truck...

I can get 18 mpg with my mega weighing it at 8k and rolling 35's

Did you just jump in this thread half way and not read it? 30 mpg would be in a 4500 pound truck not a full sized 2500 dodge. I see 22mpg on my truck and with the smarty pod i can detune from stock so i will see better mpg. Plus all of this on a truck that weighs 4500 pounds.

Did you just jump in this thread half way and not read it? 30 mpg would be in a 4500 pound truck not a full sized 2500 dodge. I see 22mpg on my truck and with the smarty pod i can detune from stock so i will see better mpg. Plus all of this on a truck that weighs 4500 pounds.

detuning a truck doesn't necessarily mean better mileage...

I can’t tell you that it will get 30 mpg but I don’t see why you guys don’t think its possible. If my truck gets 22 MPG and assuming 24 MPG when I get the smarty pod onto it. Transfer my entire engine and tranny to the truck that weighs 4500 pounds with the engine and tranny into it, why would 30 be possible?

detuning a truck doesn't necessarily mean better mileage...

True but all of the beta testers using the detune method have seen and increase in mpg. Read up on the smarty pod, they explain it better then what I can. I just go off of what the beta testers are reporting back.

old pictures sorry. had a lifr a tires but no longer.

ahh, makes a LOT more sense now! :)

I don't doubt that reducing a performance tune will yield better mileage, but there's still the matter of simple physics...

but, a CR will allow a lot more tuning capability over an old 12v... the dynamic timing curve will make the biggest difference.

you MIGHT see close to 30mpg, but I just don't see it happening on a set of injectors that will support 1000rwhp :eek:

I think there is some confusion. It looks like he wants 1000hp on the spray. I think with right tuning for mpg the 600-700hp on fuel you would be making would net you 30mpg in a light first gen.

Nope sure diddnt'...

ahh, makes a LOT more sense now! :)

I don't doubt that reducing a performance tune will yield better mileage, but there's still the matter of simple physics...

but, a CR will allow a lot more tuning capability over an old 12v... the dynamic timing curve will make the biggest difference.

you MIGHT see close to 30mpg, but I just don't see it happening on a set of injectors that will support 1000rwhp :eek:

Right there says it all...