1989 CR? what do i need to do?

ahh, makes a LOT more sense now! :)

I don't doubt that reducing a performance tune will yield better mileage, but there's still the matter of simple physics...

but, a CR will allow a lot more tuning capability over an old 12v... the dynamic timing curve will make the biggest difference.

you MIGHT see close to 30mpg, but I just don't see it happening on a set of injectors that will support 1000rwhp :eek:

True. But im going off of what my truck is doing. I think if my truck only weighed 4500 pounds I would be getting 30 mpg. But im only at 900 hp, and I wanted 1000 hp. But I also think 100 more hp will be capable with slapping another cp3 and turbo, and getting about a 40 hp increase in injector size. With that extra turbo in there I would think it would make up for that 40 hp increase in the way ill be burning more of the fuel going through the system with the added air.

I think there is some confusion. It looks like he wants 1000hp on the spray. I think with right tuning for mpg the 600-700hp on fuel you would be making would net you 30mpg in a light first gen.

correct :clap:

so....

throw 1000 hp on top of 20 yr. old axles, springs, frame and go drag racing?

I wouldn't, at least not with any expectation of it holding up very well.

I'm just saying a dana 60 front axle with king pin knuckles is way stronger than a aam axle with ball joints, and unit bearings that are prone to wearing out.. Just cause its 20 yrs old does'nt mean it gets weaker over time.. Proper PM and them old axles will out perform, and be way stronger than aam.. Way more parts available for the older ones as well.. JMO do what you want. I have seen the axle shafts of both dana and aam...

I'm just saying a dana 60 front axle with king pin knuckles is way stronger than a aam axle with ball joints, and unit bearings that are prone to wearing out.. Just cause its 20 yrs old does'nt mean it gets weaker over time.. Proper PM and them old axles will out perform, and be way stronger than aam.. Way more parts available for the older ones as well.. JMO do what you want. I have seen the axle shafts of both dana and aam...

lol i lost you. So the axles on the 89 are stronger then the axles on an 06? Or the other way around.

lol i lost you. So the axles on the 89 are stronger then the axles on an 06? Or the other way around.

AAM axles are on 03 and newer... Dana 60 axles are from 70s up to 93 one tuns.. The dana axles are stonger IMO..

When did you dyno 900 on spray? Impressive.

Not really. 900 on spray is nothing now a days. Like I was saying anyone with supporting mods big injectors and some spray can get there. Only thing is most people are scared of it or only want #2.

So you dynoed 900hp on spray but you don't have a billet shafts in your tranny yet? Where is the dyno sheet?

Not really. 900 on spray is nothing now a days. Like I was saying anyone with supporting mods big injectors and some spray can get there. Only thing is most people are scared of it or only want #2.

comin to the dyno in November?????????

A set of injectors for 1000 Hp are so out of range for any kind of economy. AND under light load, would be the worst, even with a light light truck, the mpg would suck, compared to the same engine with proper injectors.
I don't think you'll find anyone that will tell you their hogged out nozzles are going to net you much for economy.

But your right, the C.R's will allow way more de-tune, just don't think those 1000 hp injectors are going to come close to 30 mpg's.

I don't have a leg to stand on here though, putting a set of flux 5. something's in my ride :bang care about milage :umno:

Can you get 900 hp out of a single CP3? I thought a single wasn't good for much more than 650-700?

When did you dyno 900 on spray? Impressive.

Didn't happen

really cause i sure as hell don't see it being tossed around like you do..

comin to the dyno in November?????????

There you go... I will even give you $100 in fuel money so you don't have an excuse to not come to the dyno and show us how it's done..

Can you get 900 hp out of a single CP3? I thought a single wasn't good for much more than 650-700?

I got 620 out of my stage 2 this summer but it's maked out..

We shall see in about a month what a monster single pump will do:Cheer:!!!:rockwoot:

NP. Well the 900 hp is not anything special so I don’t know why you can’t believe that one. Anyone with supporting mods big injectors and nitrous can dyno 900-1000hp. The MPG there are lots of people who average that, I was just reading a thread and morkable who’s in the 10 seconds was getting 26 mpg before he went crazy on his truck. Along with a couple other people in that same thread that are getting around that also. Ask around there are plenty of people getting 22mpg. And as of daily drivers, everyone drives the CR's around with or without power.

When most people talk about their mpg they go by the computer which is inaccurate in about 95% of vehicles on the road and when you mod the amount of fuel injected it only increases the inaccuratcies of the computer mpg calculations. I have know of a guy that claims 29mpgs out of his 05 dodge with a few mods, funny thing is he refuses to tell me how many miles he can go on a tank of fuel with it pouring black smoke out the tail pipe.:doh:
I do think it will be a neat project when finished.

Not saying you dont know what your talking about, I'm just saying. I get 32mpgs out of my little 4cylinder diesel conversion project the truck weighs 3860 pounds I guesstimate power output at around 200rwhp.

my 4500# p-pumped 89 only gets 18mpg cruising hwy, but i dont have that push of a button tunning.. and as for a front end, your going to want a kingpin d60.

i'm just gonna say that my reg cab 91.5 4x4 weighs 6250. If you want to race and sled pull, you'll actually have to add weight. You WILL have to box the frame. You WILL have to get a 48re or the like to handle that kind of power. That is if you want an auto.