2.5 2012

The reason why those two truck didnt pass tech is speculation. The bottom line is that the tech official has final say, and thats what was seen Saturday night, despite the fact if both of the inducers on both compressor wheels were measured they would measure 63.5mm or 2.5". Its just part of it...

Caleb

Maybe this is why a 66mm s300 passed tech with your plug on friday as well....

Maybe this is why a 66mm s300 passed tech with your plug on friday as well....

Ever stop to think that the tech might have been using the wrong side of the plug (2.550/2.650 combination plug) ???? I heard he joked about using the wrong side ;)

You have an agenda against Mader.. I know why ;)

Last edited:
That your supposed "2.5" plug is not 2.55... Maybe a bit bigger.

The plugs are correct. Caleb will have pictures up shortly. A shop that machines all day long can typically hold a .001 tolerance pretty easily without breaking a sweat... The plugs are correct.

Ever stop to think that Burris' plug may have been made by Joe Machinist and was told to make a 2.5 and 2.6 plug.. Not a 2.550" and 2.650" plug? Mader says that Burris' plug would rattle in the bore of his charger.. That is not happening with a 2.550" plug. It won't fit, or have room to rattle around.

The plugs are correct. Caleb will have pictures up shortly. A shop that machines all day long can typically hold a .001 tolerance pretty easily without breaking a sweat... The plugs are correct.

Ever stop to think that Burris' plug may have been made by Joe Machinist and was told to make a 2.5 and 2.6 plug.. Not a 2.550" and 2.650" plug? Mader says that Burris' plug would rattle in the bore of his charger.. That is not happening with a 2.550" plug. It won't fit, or have room to rattle around.

Do you even know who made Marks plug??? So who is to say that a top notch machine shop did not make his.. Ever think about that..

Ever stop to think that the tech might have been using the wrong side of the plug (2.550/2.650 combination plug) ???? I heard he joked about using the wrong side ;)

You have an agenda against Mader.. I know why ;)

Not sayin the tech was the greatest on Fri.. But come on do you really think that would be the case...

I do believe you have this backwards... You might wanna ask him the real story sometime...

And all this plug confusion could have been avoided if the org had supplied its own tube restrictor... ;)

Here's the pictures of the plug using digital calipers and outside micrometers.

Hard to dispute hard data...:rules:

Attachments

• image001_resize.jpg
    image001_resize.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 0
  • image002_resize.jpg
    image002_resize.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 0
Here's the pictures of the plug using digital calipers and outside micrometers.

Hard to dispute hard data...:rules:

Ya your right, but who is to say that was the plug at greencastle... For all everyone knows you have a few of them running around ur shop... Maybe next time send a set of outside micrometers with the plug.. Thanks

Ok so are we supost to limit how much money a person has in their truck? Yes 90% of the time the guy with more money is gonna win, cant do anything about it. Its that way in every competition. Not all stock turbos are the same, write the rules right and all 2.5s can be. If you cant afford a 500-2000 dollar turbo your prolly not gonna get in the money anyway so whats it matter.

no you missed my point, what im saying is making it a 2.5 turbo class doesnt just make it $2000-3000 more
xpensive there is alot more parts going to break at 650-700 hp then at 500-550hp thats all am saying, so what ur saying is that if you put on a 2.5 turbo on a 95 12v its going to run with a vnt 2.5 on any of the newer trucks? i dont see it happening but im not a cummins guy so im not sure i dont see where this class helps the sport grow

Holy crap this is ridiculous. No shop would build a charger that would only pass tech if THEIR own tech equipment was used - and Brayden could very well be right about a radius or a chamfer on the plug in question - look at it this way - those chargers have passed tech all season right? The only change was in the teching equipment - so maybe the teching equipment should be checked.

This has been a totally unbiased opinion from a guy that wasn't there. Actual facts may vary and sway this opinion.

Holy crap this is ridiculous. No shop would build a charger that would only pass tech if THEIR own tech equipment was used - and Brayden could very well be right about a radius or a chamfer on the plug in question - look at it this way - those chargers have passed tech all season right? The only change was in the teching equipment - so maybe the teching equipment should be checked.

This has been a totally unbiased opinion from a guy that wasn't there. Actual facts may vary and sway this opinion.

Agreed !

Ya your right, but who is to say that was the plug at greencastle... For all everyone knows you have a few of them running around ur shop... Maybe next time send a set of outside micrometers with the plug.. Thanks

Yeah you're right.. I switched the plugs.. We have illegal plugs and legal plugs..somebody must have grabbed the wrong set..

Yeah you're right.. I switched the plugs.. We have illegal plugs and legal plugs..somebody must have grabbed the wrong set..

Tell me tho, have either of these trucks been anywhere other than a pull that fleece was putting on??? That they were actually checking chargers

Last edited:
Yes.. Several.. They passed at BOB Franklin.. 2.5

Josh Dellinger has this same cover that is OEM..

ITPA checked these plugs last year, they passed.

They all passed at Indy.. NHRDA rules.

Tim Tuttle .. Same charger. Paris IL

We aren't the problem here.

Yes.. Several.. They passed at BOB Franklin.. 2.5

Josh Dellinger has this same cover that is OEM..

ITPA checked these plugs last year, they passed.

They all passed at Indy.. NHRDA rules.

Tim Tuttle .. Same charger. Paris IL

We aren't the problem here.

When u say OEM do you mean unaltered, as in not chanfered. And along with the 2.5 straight bore needs to be a minimum of say 1/2 in maintained in front of the comp wheel...

And all this plug confusion could have been avoided if the org had supplied its own tube restrictor... ;)

Riiiight, and they are going to hand them out during tech before every pull to make sure they dont get modified right??? If not, they would just be teching them like a turbo.