2.5 2012

Yes they will ditch their dual pumps, air to waters etc. Put that much more money into head porting, cam work, trying different turbos, injectors, tires etc.

I'm doubting that.. Why wouldn't you want to do that work and make your 2.6 truck better?

I'm doubting that.. Why wouldn't you want to do that work and make your 2.6 truck better?

LOL, it would be better, and even that much better at it. Why do folks bother to cheat instead of making their truck better within the rules?

Wait for it....

Because they want to win!

They can sell the dual pumps, and air to waters and put that money into making the truck run that much better in the 2.5 or just put the $$$ in the pocket.

The best 2.5 trucks right now can and do finish mid pack or better in 2.6. Are they going to qualify at Scheids in 2.6? Don't know. but we'll find out what a single pump and a protrusion charger will do this year with a couple of our work stock trucks.

Brayden

Depends on what number they draw, they could win it!:lolly:

Well said, what I do find sad in this sport and it seems more than in others is the cheating. Instead of reading the rules and following them, there are several folks that will build a truck and hope that it slides through tech, knowing that the truck is in violation of the rules. I am not referring to anyone in this thread, just some of the things I have seen.

Funny that someone is happier cheating and winning, than winning with an honest effort. If folks would honestly build their trucks to the rules we, wouldn't have to worry nearly so much about this crap.
LOL
Dan, quit talking about me behind my back!

Not sure who's tech equipment FI was planning on being used, but this is a 2.6 cover bought like a month ago from them...plug is 2.6505 with a mic and slips in with ease...

FIplugfail.jpg

could you explain more? who was this cover bought from? if i understand correctly it was supposed to be 2.6 but failed tech?

LOL
Dan, quit talking about me behind my back!

Where is the undo button? LOL

Fortunately I think most of the guys we pull with are pretty honest. Of course I am pretty naive though also!

Ok so now we have 2 turbo builders on board for a turbo rule change :nail: :doh:

Am I the only one that thinks its a bad idea to let turbo builders dictate turbo rules?

Here is the rule that we have in Kentucky right now, and it has been working pretty good, with the exception of a couple of trucks that got caught cheating last night. The only reason they haven't been caught sooner is because there wasn't a competent tech that actually knew what to look for.

"Turbocharger: The turbocharger is limited to a stock un-modified, OEM/Factory charger with factory configuration only. Turbochargers from different years and different models may be interchanged. You are allowed to take a hx35 off a Cummins and put on your Duramax or vice versa and you are allowed to put a Duramax Turbo in your 82 Chevrolet with a 12 valve) twin
6.4L PowerStroke turbo’s are permitted."

Which 2 trucks didnt pass tech Josh? Im very curious!

I'd like to know whose also... But I hear you just had to look at it to tell, they had pedistals lol. I do believe one was a p pumped 24v, unless I heard wrong?

Last edited:
2.5 - An opinion

1. is not to be considered an entry level class. There needs to be a "stock" class that serves that purpose, although i would hate to be the tech for "stock" as it will be hard to police. The name "workstock" and the 2.5 class need to have no correlation with one another. there are more dedicated pullers than "street trucks" or "work trucks" in this class, so get over it. what was once ws,2.6,2.8,3.0 now needs to be stock,2.5,2.6 protrusion,3.0.

2. dual pumps or not? doesnt bother me either way. dual pumps would save the top trucks from spending $2,000 a throw on single cp3s if they are shown to be undependable and on the other hand single cp3s would probably prevent dual pumped 2.6 trucks from dropping down and running 2.5. If single pumps shall be the way then i think it needs to be said "single oem model/make fuel pump." lets remember though classes are distinguished by 2.5,2.6, etc. which is the main limiting factor here (air).... so would it be so bad to run dual pumps? IDK

3. duals on non-dual trucks? (this is going to be said to be a biased opinion because i have a short wheelbase truck but im expressing anyways) Level playing field is what everyone wants correct? to level the playing field in this aspect would require a short wheelbase truck to be able to run duals to compensate for the "leverage" issues shorter trucks face. this falls back on the dedicated pullers, if its dedicated then duals on the back dont effect its "use". if someone wants to run their "street truck" in 2.5 their most likely going to trailer it to the pull nehow so put the duals on before the pull and take them off after or face the consequences (if any) of not running them.

4. hanging weights? I could swing either way with this.... this may be another good way to keep 2.6 trucks from dropping to 2.5? on the other hand this would also help level the playing field and thats what we all want isnt it? hanging weights could also allow top 2.5 trucks to bump to 2.6 and do better since it seems 2.6 has low truck numbers this year (everywhere i have been anyhow).

theres going to be atleast a 300hp gap between top 2.5 trucks and top 2.6 trucks with just 2 factors (1. 2.5 straight bore, and 2.6 protrusion 2. no water-air and water-air) this 300hp gap alone would be enough to distinguish the 2 classes. the other factors need to be weighed by opinions and somehow someone somewhere will make a set of rules. 2.5 i believe is here to stay and as a competative puller in this class, i would say a good, FUN class to pull in. I would like to see these rules be adopted by or intermingled with rules from BOB to allow even competition all over IL,IN,KY.

2.5 - An opinion

i forgot, i vote NO on restrictor tubes.... i will park my truck at the end of the driveway and use it as a mailbox before i run one

Turbo trouble

Here's the pictures of the plug using digital calipers and outside micrometers.

Hard to dispute hard data...:rules:

HARD DATA is that the turbos failed tech. an unbiased tech official was given a plug to plug turbos with. he did so. they failed. they were not allowed to run the class they failed tech for. im not saying that anyone was cheating purposely, or that theres not a legible reason why they failed. Im writing this reply because i think the tech did the right thing and i was standing there when the tech recieved an innappropriate phone call from someone within the "Fleece fences". Its too late to post pictures or point fingers, its done and over and im sure if someone was cheating they already covered their ass/asses. We cannot ask for educated techs and then scold them for making educated decisions whether they were right or wrong. Im sure the plug the tech used was rechecked for correct measurements also, and im sure they were correct, so i dont think we should be running down the person/shop that made them. We have a good FUN class going with a good bunch of guys/shops. Lets keep it that way. Besides Brayden, them built motors should be enough to put a whoopin on my poor stock one... no reason for slippin turbos by tech :lolly:

HARD DATA is that the turbos failed tech. an unbiased tech official was given a plug to plug turbos with. he did so. they failed. they were not allowed to run the class they failed tech for. im not saying that anyone was cheating purposely, or that theres not a legible reason why they failed. Im writing this reply because i think the tech did the right thing and i was standing there when the tech recieved an innappropriate phone call from someone within the "Fleece fences". Its too late to post pictures or point fingers, its done and over and im sure if someone was cheating they already covered their ass/asses. We cannot ask for educated techs and then scold them for making educated decisions whether they were right or wrong. Im sure the plug the tech used was rechecked for correct measurements also, and im sure they were correct, so i dont think we should be running down the person/shop that made them. We have a good FUN class going with a good bunch of guys/shops. Lets keep it that way. Besides Brayden, them built motors should be enough to put a whoopin on my poor stock one... no reason for slippin turbos by tech :lolly:

Excellent post......

Yes.. Several.. They passed at BOB Franklin.. 2.5

Josh Dellinger has this same cover that is OEM..

ITPA checked these plugs last year, they passed.

They all passed at Indy.. NHRDA rules.

Tim Tuttle .. Same charger. Paris IL

We aren't the problem here.

and while were talking about hard data.....

they teched the top 3 at Franklin.... Dellinger was not in top 3. no FPE trucks were as i recall? I was not there so cannot say for certain

the only truck that i recall being at indy was tuttles and i also recall him telling me you have changed his charger or charger setup since then.

Paris IL was open class w/ no teching. Im pretty sure the Turtle machine cleaned up quite a bit more smoke than previous pulls.... im thinking big.... like 3.4 big?

nothing personal, just wanting to talk about hard data

Lol's aside.. The covers are the same and haven't been changed. There is no need to cover asses.

Chase may have been out of line, but the bottom line is the plug comes out of nowhere and doesn't fit. You can argue that ours are big, his are small, but for turbo's that have been teched all over the place by plugs that are not ours, to get kicked at the only pull they really cared about (hometown) is pretty lame.

If they really were 2.6 chargers or larger they would've put more than 10 feet on Will ;) :lolly:

Ok so now we have 2 turbo builders on board for a turbo rule change :nail: :doh:

Josh, don't miss quote me, I don't appreciate. I was referring to adding this workstock class to ITPA's line up since it has a big following here and the truck count is high and competition is good! I said nothing about changing rules.

and while were talking about hard data.....

they teched the top 3 at Franklin.... Dellinger was not in top 3. no FPE trucks were as i recall? I was not there so cannot say for certain

the only truck that i recall being at indy was tuttles and i also recall him telling me you have changed his charger or charger setup since then.

Paris IL was open class w/ no teching. Im pretty sure the Turtle machine cleaned up quite a bit more smoke than previous pulls.... im thinking big.... like 3.4 big?

nothing personal, just wanting to talk about hard data

Rod's don't make hp..

Where you going with this? Yeah tuttle wanted to run all out at his hometown pull that had no rules so we threw a 3.0 billet on there. Nothing wrong there..

3.4... haaha.. Justin's JJMachine 3.0 truck only runs a 3.2 clipped charger.

Lol's aside.. The covers are the same and haven't been changed. There is no need to cover asses.

Chase may have been out of line, but the bottom line is the plug comes out of nowhere and doesn't fit. You can argue that ours are big, his are small, but for turbo's that have been teched all over the place by plugs that are not ours, to get kicked at the only pull they really cared about (hometown) is pretty lame.

If they really were 2.6 chargers or larger they would've put more than 10 feet on Will ;) :lolly:[/

i believe it was 5ft on Will and 6ft on me.... :ft:

Last edited: