2.5 2012

Oh but then if you do that who's to say it won't be hauled within 5 miles of the pull unloaded and driven in??? What are you gonna do if it breaks and you drive it???:doh: Most all of our 2.5 trucks get driven during the week... Mater, Barnes, Dellinger, Dunn, and Koger all drive theirs and have fun with them as anyone should.

Im just throwing stupid rules out there. I think a stock turbo class is dumb. Im assuming theyd want a rpm limit also. Make it a straight bore 2.5 with what ever the largest boxstock turbo mwe groove is, no bushings, clipped wheels or other nonsense use a 2.55 plug with a piece of foam on the end of them making sure wheel contact is made, if the plug wiggles at all hot or cold your done. Id like to assume all my competitors are honest and most are but you do have some that aint.

Write the turbo rules so people can go get a stock 2.5 charger and it be legal.You always gonna have Mr. Moneybags buying custom chargers but at least AVG Joe can run with a "Stock" charger.

No dual pumps, or dual wheels with out fenders. No hanging weight. Factory style intercoolers, no runner manifolds. factory drivetrain ect. ect.

cause im givin pullers a bad name and have no first hand experience....i like that..sorry i dont give praise to your restrictor or want anything to do with it...thats my opinion

It's not mine. Restrictors have been used for quite some time. I just find it comical that some people shun it like it's too complicated to ever be useful. You can hand out the sarcasm, but can't take it back?

It's not mine. Restrictors have been used for quite some time. I just find it comical that some people shun it like it's too complicated to ever be useful. You can hand out the sarcasm, but can't take it back?

my sarcasm wasn't about your experience or image that you gave the "sport"...it was simply that i dont like the idea..but trust me, i can handle this just fine...it comes with experience :stab:

my sarcasm wasn't about your experience or image that you gave the "sport"...it was simply that i dont like the idea..but trust me, i can handle this just fine...it comes with experience :stab:

I offered a concept, that is commonly used. Some chose to shun it eyes closed. I honestly don't care what is adopted, like I said, we have had a 2.5" class for a few years. Let's face it, technology can be a scary thing, some most likely thought the horseless carriage would never catch on either. ;)

Im just throwing stupid rules out there. I think a stock turbo class is dumb. Im assuming theyd want a rpm limit also. Make it a straight bore 2.5 with what ever the largest boxstock turbo mwe groove is, no bushings, clipped wheels or other nonsense use a 2.55 plug with a piece of foam on the end of them making sure wheel contact is made, if the plug wiggles at all hot or cold your done. Id like to assume all my competitors are honest and most are but you do have some that aint.

Write the turbo rules so people can go get a stock 2.5 charger and it be legal.You always gonna have Mr. Moneybags buying custom chargers but at least AVG Joe can run with a "Stock" charger.

No dual pumps, or dual wheels with out fenders. No hanging weight. Factory style intercoolers, no runner manifolds. factory drivetrain ect. ect.

I agree, but you can't rule out side airs on a cummins because the dmaxes and few powerstokes that pull can have head work done but not a cummins that's not fair and there's no way to police the heads on a v8. As of now I don't think that there are any out there but I can promise you next year there will be...

I don't really have a dog in this fight, but were the chargers teched before or after the pull? There's a good possibility that the 2 turbos in question may have very well been legal, but once they get heated up, the bore enlarges slightly causing it to fail a plug check. A couple of years ago I finished first place in a 2.5 class and almost got DQed because after two hooks, my turbo wouldnt pass a plug check. They gave me about 30 minutes for it to cool off, and it passed fine. I was running a box stock S465 (63.5mm non ET wheel) that I bought from Weston.

Teddy, the trucks were teched prior to the pull...we have no length of bore required...so the "fact/opinion/exuse/IDK is that there is only..lets just say 1/16 of the bore that is actually under 2.55 in front of the wheel...and the "new plug" that was used had a rolled edge one it vs. 90 degree...that is what allowed it to hit the wheel..the rolled edge was longer than the 2.55 bore

I offered a concept, that is commonly used. Some chose to shun it eyes closed. I honestly don't care what is adopted, like I said, we have had a 2.5" class for a few years. Let's face it, technology can be a scary thing, some most likely thought the horseless carriage would never catch on either. ;)

If it is a straight bore 2.5 all you are gonna do with the restrictor is block off the mwe groove... Unless you make the inlet size even smaller which is dumb. Just remember this isn't NASCAR it's truck pulling!! Even with a restrictor I'm sure there will be ppl who would push them to the limits, plus it's something else to buy... :nail:

Just remember this isn't NASCAR it's truck pulling!!

Oh hell, here we go again. Man sled pullers are a testy bunch who must read half of every post. Will and I are just joking around.

Does Nascar use turbochargers;

ba0545fc-be90-4143-89b4-d330d377a819

Last edited:
Depends on what number they draw, they could win it!:lolly:

LIKE!...hope i draw a good one i'll give a shot with my little 2.5er...better hope i dont make it in top 26 and draw last number on saturday...cus yall are gonna feel like a ***** when a worktruck with a busted headlight puts it to ya...lol..j/k Rob take it easy...met u at indy when u were cruisin ur Caged Kawasaki

Last edited:
Really???:umno: Your just hatin cause im not at FPE getting my eyeballs phucked out like the 2 nut swingers in question...

What is it with you Putnam County Drama Queens? Im telling ya there is enough "I dont like him/her/them.... cuz Shes pretty, hes good at what he does, that trucks faster than mine, he looked at me funny..." inside that county for an entire state.

Grow up or nut up Pierce, if you got a dog in the fight lets see it, if not your just an arm chair jockey stirring the pot because you've got a chip on your shoulder. (A chip that has nothing to do with sled Pulling... Just Putnam County Drama)

Caleb

What is it with you Putnam County Drama Queens? Im telling ya there is enough "I dont like him/her/them.... cuz Shes pretty, hes good at what he does, that trucks faster than mine, he looked at me funny..." inside that county for an entire state.

Grow up or nut up Pierce, if you got a dog in the fight lets see it, if not your just an arm chair jockey stirring the pot because you've got a chip on your shoulder. (A chip that has nothing to do with sled Pulling... Just Putnam County Drama)

Caleb

No chip here bud... BTW where is your dog in this fight??? Mine was there Friday night u must have missed it.. I had nothing to do with what went on Sat, my only question to Brayden was as to why those 2 chargers didnt pass tech.. No more no less, And never did it get anwsered. My only point to this is, these guys got phucked cause they had idea that their chargers wouldnt pass tech.. No matter what the situation was with the plug...

Moral of the story is "Dont Get Fleeced"...... Link Google

FWIW- Many of the small pulls in michigan run a Stock class, a modified class, and a run whatcha brung class.

Stock class- I guess you can have tuners and stuff, but if it blows "excessive smoke" then it will be DQ'd. I believe excessive smoke would be anything that does not clean up before the 60ft mark roughly. Funny thing is you could have a super fast spooling set of twins and a very clean tune and rape this class.

Modified Diesel- This is the class that Jerrod Glover and Nick (when he had that nice fummins) cleaned up on. Basicly no injectables, any turbo configuration, etc etc.

Run what ya brung- it is all in the name.

Funny thing is with these classes (keep in mind very small pulls) there is very little bickering. There is very little money involved, it is just to go have fun, be around other truck enthusiast and see what your truck will do.

So, if your not going to build a truck for 2.6, 3.0, etc etc, then stick to brush pulls and dont complain.

I know that my 03 is no where near a 2.6 truck, and will never hang with Jerrods truck in these "modified classes" but I dont need to make a living on pulling.

EDIT: For example, there was a small pull in Bronson Mi. a few weeks ago, roughly 26 trucks showed up, all local guys and I dont think I heard one bit of complaining out of the diesel group in the meeting. There was alot of crying out of the gasser crowd, but nothing out of the diesel guys.

Last edited:
Sorry, Mark. Wasn't trying to put words in your mouth, but by getting ITPA or "other orgs" (i.e. BOB, NKTPA, etc.) to pick up a 2.5 class to replace the workstock class (stock unmodified turbo), I see that as a rule change.[/QUOTE]

Well, unfortunately we don't have ITPA workstock yet so no problem!

No chip here bud... BTW where is your dog in this fight??? Mine was there Friday night u must have missed it.. I had nothing to do with what went on Sat, my only question to Brayden was as to why those 2 chargers didnt pass tech.. No more no less, And never did it get anwsered. My only point to this is, these guys got phucked cause they had idea that their chargers wouldnt pass tech.. No matter what the situation was with the plug...

Moral of the story is "Dont Get Fleeced"...... Link Google

My Dog has a tapered cover and does not meet the rules...

You got your answer, the plug went in and hit the compressor wheel. Its been said several times. Barnes and Mader both have 63.5mm Inducer wheels and were cut based off of a tech officials call. So be it, they got over it and pulled open, and will continue to hook the rest of the season with the chargers that they have.

You are arguing about a grey area I garuntee you dont understand... and making assumptions and enciting wrong doing that did not take place. If you think you are qualified to tech this class and could recognize what is and what is not legal, then I invite you to come and step up. The next hook is at Colfax on Saturday.

Caleb

My Dog has a tapered cover and does not meet the rules...

You got your answer, the plug went in and hit the compressor wheel. Its been said several times. Barnes and Mader both have 63.5mm Inducer wheels and were cut based off of a tech officials call. So be it, they got over it and pulled open, and will continue to hook the rest of the season with the chargers that they have.

You are arguing about a grey area I garuntee you dont understand... and making assumptions and enciting wrong doing that did not take place. If you think you are qualified to tech this class and could recognize what is and what is not legal, then I invite you to come and step up. The next hook is at Colfax on Saturday.

Caleb

Now you are making assumptions that i know little to nothing... And you garuntee I dont understand??? Never did i ever say WRONG DOING nor cheating, all of those words were put in my mouth. Ill take your invite, I will be there.

Now you are making assumptions that i know little to nothing... And you garuntee I dont understand??? Never did i ever say WRONG DOING nor cheating, all of those words were put in my mouth. Ill take your invite, I will be there.

Come find me, and well go hang out with Ethan Patterson while he techs, then you can get a look at whats going on with these chargers.

Caleb

Come find me, and well go hang out with Ethan Patterson while he techs, then you can get a look at whats going on with these chargers.

Caleb

Will do.. And its not that i dont know what is goin on here.. Fact is there was merely not enough compressor bore to tech...

Will do.. And its not that i dont know what is goin on here.. Fact is there was merely not enough compressor bore to tech...

That may be but there is just not that much there to begin with, using the 2.55" plug is an expedient. If anything there is just enough bore because there is not enough room there for a bushing or a inward taper.

Caleb