2.5 2012

Personally I think 2.5 would be fine here in ky. It sure would make it easier on us guys runnin dodges. It's hard to take a 2.3 turbo and run with a larger dmax turbo.. But I agree after a while it will be hard to tell a difference in a 2.5 and 2.6 truck. Dual pumps aren't that much more than a big single. But we will see what happens.

If hanging weights arent allowed, i think that will make a pretty big difference between the classes. And theres no way you can get 900hp out of a single cp3. I would say 700 range tops and that will get you no where near where you need to be or even remotely close to top of the pack in 2.6.... on a good track anyways. Im sure the top trucks in 2.5 will be able to hang with some of the trucks in 2.6, but you have that now with 2.6/3.0.

The fact is there will never be an "entry level" class. Thats how it goes with any motorsports. Thats why it would be called "competition". But on the other hand, money is not dominating in this sport like some like to use as an excuse.

If hanging weights arent allowed, i think that will make a pretty big difference between the classes. And theres no way you can get 900hp out of a single cp3. I would say 700 range tops and that will get you no where near where you need to be or even remotely close to top of the pack in 2.6.... on a good track anyways. Im sure the top trucks in 2.5 will be able to hang with some of the trucks in 2.6, but you have that now with 2.6/3.0.

Single cp3 is only 700hp range? What am I missing?
:pop:

Single cp3 is only 700hp range? What am I missing?
:pop:

With a 2.5 turbo on a duramax anyways. When i said range i meant 700-799 If theres any making north of 800 i guess im behind on times. I dont know enough about the cr cummins' motors, but i would guess the same.

Last edited:
Also i guess you could go to any dyno you wanted to get what numbers you wanted, but im talking real world numbers.
I'm pickin' up what yer' puttin' down now. 2.5 turbo single cp3 fuel only. For some reason I thought you were pointing to the single cp3 as the power limiter.

Real world dyno numbers.......there's a can of worms.

:lolly:Will i need your plug next week if you could let me use it!!!!!!:lolly:

Last edited:
just curious if only 2 trucks were dqed then every one else must have been ok.dont seem like a plug problem or more trucks would be dqed.sounds like they were pushing the limit perhaps!

just curious if only 2 trucks were dqed then every one else must have been ok.dont seem like a plug problem or more trucks would be dqed.sounds like they were pushing the limit perhaps!

idk how it passes one night with a plug and not the next night 2 different plugs the same turbo!!! who doesnt push the limit!!!??

what i meant by pushing the limit was a nice way of sayin there cheatin. if the class is a 2.5 charger then a 2.51 or larger is illegal period. if you think that you can push it to a 2.51+ then cry about heat expansion your crazy. if its a true 2.5 it wont expand to be a 2.55 or larger.my opinion of the 2.55 plug is to give a little room for the heat not so you can build a 2.51 or larger charger. most rules say a 2.5 or 2.6 or 3.0 if your at those specs you would probably be legit.

idk how it passes one night with a plug and not the next night 2 different plugs the same turbo!!! who doesnt push the limit!!!??

If you read through it makes since. The 2 chargers have a tapered bore, which is perfectly legal with those rules. So that means not very much of the bore is 2.5, but just enough. The plug used had a radius end instead of a 90degree end therefore it slid in enough to touch the wheel. If the rules had stated 2.5 for 3/4" of the bore, then the plug would have been fine, but since it did not state that, imo the plug was wrong.

I dont have a dog in this fight, nor have i even seen the chargers, that is just my non-biased opinion based on what i have read.

Last edited:
If you read through it makes since. The 2 chargers have a tapered bore, which is perfectly legal with those rules. So that means not very much of the bore is 2.5, but just enough. The plug used had a radius end instead of a 90degree end therefore it slid in enough to touch the wheel. If the rules had stated 2.5 for 3/4" of the bore, then the plug would have been fine, but since it did not state that, imo the plug was wrong.

I dont have a dog in this fight, nor have i even seen the chargers, that is just my non-biased opinion based on what i have read.

yur right rob one of the chargers in question is myne, they r both legal chargers

it was definatly a plug problem we aint cheating

I personally teched the same chargers that were on those 2 trucks last night and they passed!

I personally teched the same chargers that were on those 2 trucks last night and they passed!

yes because they r legal chargers thats what pisses me off because u have people that dont no what they r talking about and they think they do

The two trucks that failed tech at Greencastle were at Colfax last night? I hear Tuttle's turbo was stolen out of a shop in North Salem, keep your eyes out for burglers. This slow economy, people are stealing anything they can get their hands on.