2.5 2012

And how about the turnout for the stock turbo class?? I don't think anybody was expecting to have as many trucks run in it as there were. It had a good set of rules for an entry level class, basically bluegrass minus hanging weight, and the only complaint I heard was from requiring one inch of rear travel.

Yes i think the 2.5 needs to keep in there own class and have a stock turbo class for the lil guys that want to pull for fun but dont want get 30' put on them and ppl make fun of them cause they couldnt keep up!!! This worked out awesome for colfax hope more ppl start doing it to keep these pulls growing. I know in the stock class it had 14 trucks the biggest class of the night if that tells you anything!!

The trucks in question didn't have to be there in order for us to tech turbo's that are identical to theirs :)

Kyles turbo is identical bore size to mine....so i geuss from now on we can just tech his truck and i will be good to go

I guess it all comes down to who actually saw the turbos that didnt pass...... I cant prove that is the s463 but idk y they would put something bigger then that on there they knew they were teching so its not like they were there the night before then said hey they arnt teching lets put a bigger wheel and cover on! but anything is possible!!!

I guess it all comes down to who actually saw the turbos that didnt pass...... I cant prove that is the s463 but idk y they would put something bigger then that on there they knew they were teching so its not like they were there the night before then said hey they arnt teching lets put a bigger wheel and cover on! but anything is possible!!!

yur right by what u said. anything is possibly and no matter WHO BELIEVES it i aint too worried cause i no they r legal. we all need to have a meeting and set the rules for next year. i think bob rules 2.5 would b great but thats my opinoin i would like to hear what all the other pullers in 2.5 have to say

In my opinion work stock should be a class that you wouldn't have to build a motor for but you can bolt on some aftermarket parts and still be competitive. For guys that want to do upgrades to their truck but won't have to spend 50,000- 60,000 like in the 2.6 class and still be able to drive the truck on the street if they want to.

A totally stock turbo class is really not quite fair. Duramax s can make ~530 hp on stock charger. 6.4 ford on stock twins can make high 500s to ~600. And I am not sure about stock dodge chargers but I think they don't make as much hp. Correct me if I am wrong. I understand driving and setup are a big part of who pulls farther but having more hp to begin with doesn't hurt.

A stock appearing turbo work stock class isn't quite far either. Cause stock appearing dmax chargers, ford modded twins, and modded dodge chargers I am sure all are capable of all different numbers. So there again someone will be able to make more hp to begin with.

There needs to be a set turbocharger rule that is used throughout the country so guys can pull with different organizations. A rule like the true 2.5 rule. Something the limits the hp so someone can't figure out a way to make 800-900 hp on a 2.5 charger and mess up the class. But don't limit it to a stock appearing class so guys can run the same type of turbo. What I mean by that is allow s400 2.5 turbo s so it doesn't matter what make of truck you have you can get the parts to bolt one up.

And another thing. Not sure what everyone's opinion is on duallys allowed to run duals but I think either all trucks should be allowed to run them or none of them should be. None of this factory duals allowed. Unless the rule is factory duals allowed but u have to run the original tire size that came on the truck or something like that. I know duals may help or maybe even hurt some trucks pulling but I am positive there are some tracks where duals are an advantage to get hooked up quicker and go.

If your serious about limiting the HP in a class and making the biggest impact on financially limiting a class? Put a 35x12.50 single tire limit on it. Restrictors will limit power, but time on the dyno(which cost money), or someone develops the a better 2.5 wheel(cost money) but if you only have a certain contact area then too much power you will never hook it up. Maybe it needs to be a single 33x12.50 class?

I've read most of this topic and I still haven't seen the biggest problem the turbo it self I've read about plugin and what not and somebody said still allow S400s to run . I would thought by now that some of the ones posting know that if you don't get out the large frame turbos its another 2.6 class . Believe what you want a large frame turbo will win don't care if its single cp3 or a 13mm auto pump .Who would have thought a Hx60 would be the turbo for 2.6 2 years 90% said it would never work . Best bet is to limit the frame weather its S300 or a specific number on housing OD

I've read most of this topic and I still haven't seen the biggest problem the turbo it self I've read about plugin and what not and somebody said still allow S400s to run . I would thought by now that some of the ones posting know that if you don't get out the large frame turbos its another 2.6 class . Believe what you want a large frame turbo will win don't care if its single cp3 or a 13mm auto pump .Who would have thought a Hx60 would be the turbo for 2.6 2 years 90% said it would never work . Best bet is to limit the frame weather its S300 or a specific number on housing OD

You will still have folks modifying stuff to shove the biggest they can, modifying what is there etc. Modifying cost money!

In my opinion work stock should be a class that you wouldn't have to build a motor for but you can bolt on some aftermarket parts and still be competitive. For guys that want to do upgrades to their truck but won't have to spend 50,000- 60,000 like in the 2.6 class and still be able to drive the truck on the street if they want to.

A totally stock turbo class is really not quite fair. Duramax s can make ~530 hp on stock charger. 6.4 ford on stock twins can make high 500s to ~600. And I am not sure about stock dodge chargers but I think they don't make as much hp. Correct me if I am wrong. I understand driving and setup are a big part of who pulls farther but having more hp to begin with doesn't hurt.

A stock appearing turbo work stock class isn't quite far either. Cause stock appearing dmax chargers, ford modded twins, and modded dodge chargers I am sure all are capable of all different numbers. So there again someone will be able to make more hp to begin with.

There needs to be a set turbocharger rule that is used throughout the country so guys can pull with different organizations. A rule like the true 2.5 rule. Something the limits the hp so someone can't figure out a way to make 800-900 hp on a 2.5 charger and mess up the class. But don't limit it to a stock appearing class so guys can run the same type of turbo. What I mean by that is allow s400 2.5 turbo s so it doesn't matter what make of truck you have you can get the parts to bolt one up.

And another thing. Not sure what everyone's opinion is on duallys allowed to run duals but I think either all trucks should be allowed to run them or none of them should be. None of this factory duals allowed. Unless the rule is factory duals allowed but u have to run the original tire size that came on the truck or something like that. I know duals may help or maybe even hurt some trucks pulling but I am positive there are some tracks where duals are an advantage to get hooked up quicker and go.

Good thoughts....thats pretty much the class we are running in indiana, the straight bore 2.5 rule and single injection pump are good limiting factors without limiting to much and making it a boring class.. although it is a little out of hand, there are built engines in the class (which are not dominating it, nor have they ever won a single 2.5 class this year yet) but IMO the right built motor/chassis/tuning/full package truck that has the rules maxed out will be miles ahead of anyone at an entry level, or daily driven truck that wants to spend his extra money and pull, but that is sled pulling...

If its all in the housing then please explain to me how my turbo, Mark Broviaks Stage 3 VGT (built out of a the stock LLY variable housing) has won more 2.5 hooks this year than any other truck..also, im the only VGT left in the class, there are atleast 5 S400's im competing with. Im not saying the chargers are not good and that i wont have one someday, but on the other hand im competing just fine against them. Only so much u can suck through that bore.

Back