2.5 2012

Can you say 60" max like every other weight rule written?.

This i know... So your saying that there is no difference in how far the wieght is infront of the centerline of the axle.. Advantage or Disadvantage??

Let hanging weight be legal. For the most part, these trucks are competiton trucks not daily drivers. Most people don't take the suspension stops out, change tires, change tunes, move hitches and take weight out from under bumper between every pull. If you are going very far from home you haul the trucks. These are not daily drivers. If you want daily drivers they need to be pulling at pulls with antique tractors and farm stock tractors that have 8 miles per hour speed limit. People don't come to watch stock trucks pull. They come for high speed and noise. I repeat, let hanging weight be legal.

I can think of 6-7 trucks that we pull with that are daily driven..

This i know... So your saying that there is no difference in how far the wieght is infront of the centerline of the axle.. Advantage or Disadvantage??

Did I type anything about an advantage or disadvantage based on distance from anything? There are well established weight rules in place that work.

I still can't figure out why everyone is against using dual tires on a straight bed truck. Do I need to find some trucks around here doing it everyday on the street and post pictures of them to be able to say it's done on the street? I promise you people do it. You're then forcing someone to buy a different truck to run dual wheels instead of running their "street" single wheeled trucks. Then we really get into purpose built pulling trucks which is what everybody wants to stay away from. I have a single wheeled truck and never plan on using duals on it, but this rule is almost as bad as the "no trailering" rule some like to bring up. Maybe its just me, but I see no concept to where it makes a difference whether it has a dually bed or not. Would that mean that factory dual wheeled trucks could never run single wheels? I don't see that happening.

Kentucky had one of if not the best rule sets for the 2.5" class before it went 2.6" years ago other than the defining of how to keep the class limited to what people like to call "true 2.5". Hence the new class. That class had a huge following and did very well. As stated earlier, the dual wheel rule is not something I agree with at all. I'd love to see this class adopted one way or another though, even if it means letting that rule go, but I truly think this class should allow hanging weights, even if it is limited to a certain amount. Just my $.02 from somebody that has pulled in a 2.5" class for several years and seen how well it could work if put together properly.

Did I type anything about an advantage or disadvantage based on distance from anything? There are well established weight rules in place that work.

I still can't figure out why everyone is against using dual tires on a straight bed truck. Do I need to find some trucks around here doing it everyday on the street and post pictures of them to be able to say it's done on the street? I promise you people do it. You're then forcing someone to buy a different truck to run dual wheels instead of running their "street" single wheeled trucks. Then we really get into purpose built pulling trucks which is what everybody wants to stay away from. I have a single wheeled truck and never plan on using duals on it, but this rule is almost as bad as the "no trailering" rule some like to bring up. Maybe its just me, but I see no concept to where it makes a difference whether it has a dually bed or not. Would that mean that factory dual wheeled trucks could never run single wheels? I don't see that happening.

Kentucky had one of if not the best rule sets for the 2.5" class before it went 2.6" years ago other than the defining of how to keep the class limited to what people like to call "true 2.5". Hence the new class. That class had a huge following and did very well. As stated earlier, the dual wheel rule is not something I agree with at all. I'd love to see this class adopted one way or another though, even if it means letting that rule go, but I truly think this class should allow hanging weights, even if it is limited to a certain amount. Just my $.02 from somebody that has pulled in a 2.5" class for several years and seen how well it could work if put together properly.

X2 on everything said. Atleast alittle weight on the front end to help us out on the breaking points.. also what are you gonna do, run VINs? I know a few people with a factory single wheeled truck that changed it over to a dully with the bed and all. Why would they be able to run duels but not a fleetside anymore? Other than checking the vin you would have no way of knowing. Dual wheels isn't always an advantage. Pizza cutter can do better on a muddy track than wide tires with the weight more distributed

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Back to the whole STREET thing guys you cant run a pickup on the road with 1 whole tire sticking out from under the bed.. And there is a 102" limit on width as well i do believe.. It doesnt matter as far as VIN # go just that the tires are covered as in dually bed/ flatbed..

Back to the whole STREET thing guys you cant run a pickup on the road with 1 whole tire sticking out from under the bed.. And there is a 102" limit on width as well i do believe.. It doesnt matter as far as VIN # go just that the tires are covered as in dually bed/ flatbed..

Agreed,,, i thought the whole point of the (workstock,,or 2.5 class ) was to have a "drivable" competitive "street legal" truck??? Not something that you look at and ask the question "is that street legal......." a whole tire sticking out of the side of the bed is isn't street legal whether people do it or not it has to be covered......Thats common sense.

This is why I said singles on a single wheel truck. More for safety then anything. As long as they are covered even if it's a 1500 you could run duals.

We have a good set of rules here in central IN.. Where do you get that nobody can make up there minds... There was a little turbo dispute but that is done and over with..

well simply read this thread on 2.5. no one can agree on nothing. i personally like bob rules here in ky just fine. keep all other variables same as 2.6 and work stock and make a 2.5 boox charger class and be done with it. theres your middle problem solved. everybody *****es about it being fair hanging wieghts make it fair. put a weight limit on the class and hang as much weight as you can and stay under the limit.

Last edited:
So, something I cannot figure out is, what is the PURPOSE/VISION of the 2.5" class?

From there, make the rules.

If work stock/stock appearing outward, then hanging weights should NOT be allowed. IF the bed has dually fenders, then run duals, not singles. Reverse for fleet sides.

If it meant to be a more competitive class with the hope of more people coming in because the turbos/hp will be limited, then the battle is lost before it started.

I got to run out for a bit but I will have more later.

here is an ideal. if u want street trucks 2 compete then make a 20mph class then it wont matter much on carger or horse power problem solved everybodys leagal as long as they weigh 8000 or less and keep it under 20mph going down the track. just a thought

here is an ideal. if u want street trucks 2 compete then make a 20mph class then it wont matter much on carger or horse power problem solved everybodys leagal as long as they weigh 8000 or less and keep it under 20mph going down the track. just a thought

Speed limit classes are boring!

And you wonder why there are hardly anymore antique tractors pulling.:rules:

Again, what is the vision of the 2.5" class? Limit HP? Entry?

If you do the same rules as the 2.6", this quote comes to mind:

Albert Einstein said:
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Look at 2.8", then the 2.6", and now the 2.5"...

And you wonder why there are hardly anymore antique tractors pulling.:rules:

Again, what is the vision of the 2.5" class? Limit HP? Entry?

If you do the same rules as the 2.6", this quote comes to mind:

Look at 2.8", then the 2.6", and now the 2.5"...

well in my eyes the reason 2.5 is appealing is beacause not everyone can aford a $2,000+ 2.6 charger and 2.5 you could build a fun pulling truck but not spend so much to get there. the rest of the rules is not the problem! i REPEAT THE REST OF THE RULES IS NOT THE PROBLEM. keep all other rules same as 2.6 and workstock around here are same except for the charger. imo2.5 is not a "street" class or whatever. its a middle ground from a stock charger to a 2.6 clipped charger

well in my eyes the reason 2.5 is appealing is beacause not everyone can aford a $2,000+ 2.6 charger and 2.5 you could build a fun pulling truck but not spend so much to get there. the rest of the rules is not the problem! i REPEAT THE REST OF THE RULES IS NOT THE PROBLEM. keep all other rules same as 2.6 and workstock around here are same except for the charger. imo2.5 is not a "street" class or whatever. its a middle ground from a stock charger to a 2.6 clipped charger

I would love to know what rule will you write to keep the $2K+ custom 2.5 chargers out of the class? Be very specific so it can be determined how expensive it will be to build a turbo to your specific rule.

Yea sometimes the tighter rules add more money to the class!
Oem appearing driveline, no adapters, etc, etc

IIRC, that is what started the 2.6" class...

If you see what I am trying to get at, then you will see that this will not ultimately work... More of a bandaid than anything else.

Something needs to be set that anyone can get and be within the rules.

i agree with limiting speed is boaring i was just throwing it out their. i have no problem with 2.6 rules

If you don't like the class don't pull in it. The 2.5 class is a perfect idea right along side workstock and 2.6. It would be a place where REAL street trucks can have an aftermarket charger and have a place to pull within the rules. Make it single cp3 and no hanging weights and you will have some stiff competition.

I would love to know what rule will you write to keep the $2K+ custom 2.5 chargers out of the class? Be very specific so it can be determined how expensive it will be to build a turbo to your specific rule.

it will be a box stock 2.5 turbo simple as that. find what turbo manufacturers makes the turbo fits this catergory (ex. borg warner) and stick to it. simple as that. and yea i get the point your making, peoples gunna cheat, but you got to have good techs to inforce any good rules.

If you don't like the class don't pull in it. The 2.5 class is a perfect idea right along side workstock and 2.6. It would be a place where REAL street trucks can have an aftermarket charger and have a place to pull within the rules. Make it single cp3 and no hanging weights and you will have some stiff competition.

This plus hanging weights. I give up on trying to explain that a bedside or bed flare makes no difference. If duals are good for one, they're good for all. If that can't be understood, I'm obviously wasting my time typing. Granted this class is for all the tweeners from the WS and 2.6 class to enjoy and possibly some new blood, I see that it makes no difference that someone who has been in a VERY successful 2.5" class that worked until people realized their ways around the charger rules is trying to push this into the right direction but a lot of arm chair pullers or pullers that will likely not be in the class are having their say in it. The biggest idea of this class is to police the chargers from running away again and turning into today's 2.6" class. Single CP3, hanging weights, duals for all, and a "true 2.5" turbo and this class would be loaded with some of, if not the best "streetable" pulling trucks out there. JMHO.

Last edited: