2.5 2012

2.5" single pump class? I'm game. Been missing it here in KY for a few years now. I'd definitely like to see hanging weight though. Weight in the cab and bed is ridiculous and unsafe, dual wheel option for everybody, and the no trailering thing may be the gayest thing ever mentioned for a competitive motorsport. I'd love to see this class happen again but with some actual charger rules keeping it to somewhat of what one could call a true 2.5" class so that it doesn't turn in to another 2.6" wfo class.

It will still end up with $4000+ chargers on it, $2500 CP3's etc.

2.5" single pump class? I'm game. Been missing it here in KY for a few years now. I'd definitely like to see hanging weight though. Weight in the cab and bed is ridiculous and unsafe, dual wheel option for everybody, and the no trailering thing may be the gayest thing ever mentioned for a competitive motorsport. I'd love to see this class happen again but with some actual charger rules keeping it to somewhat of what one could call a true 2.5" class so that it doesn't turn in to another 2.6" wfo class.

I dont think hanging weight would be a good option.. How is weight in the bed unsafe if you build a bracket just as you would a weight bar.

hanging weight is needed . Let people put power to the ground and build a setup the hooks up. Not just brute power

hanging weight is needed . Let people put power to the ground and build a setup the hooks up. Not just brute power

You can put as much weight under the front bumper as you wish, just none in front.. I think thats a good rule and needs to stay in place.

Just like its been said this class is more about your whole setup not just who makes the most power..

whats the difference between letting people hang weight or put weight under the bumper? you can noting but an inconvience

whats the difference between letting people hang weight or put weight under the bumper? you can noting but an inconvience

So your telling me that there is no difference in how far the weight is out there... Can you say mechanical advantage??

The premise of this class is to have a street legal, "stock" apperaing, street truck class. IE: trucks that "come off the streets" as DD's and Tow rigs and hook to the sled. Hence no "hanging weight" in front of the bumper, because street trucks dont drive around with tractor weights hanging off of the front end. Same with the dual rear tire rule, street trucks with fleetside beds dont drive around with duals hanging out.

The trucks in this class are meant to "appear" stock and put on a good show, and its intended to be a motivating class to get new blood into the sport, it gives guys a goal to work towards. Its a class that they can build there trucks and make some HP to play on the streets with, but dont have to hook against 100% Dedicated 2.6 pullers, just because they have a S366 and stock fueling. Obviously they will have to compromise with a 2.5" legal turbo, but they can still drive a 700RWHP truck to work, and still show up and hook in a competitve class.

On Sept 3 FPE is putting on a sled pull, there is a thread on here about it. Come up and see what the class is all about. There will be a "BONE STOCK" turbo class as well, which WILL BE teched accordingly, in order to fill in the gap between the competitve 2.5" trucks and your just a tune guys.

http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117074&highlight=fashioned+days

Caleb

this wont never work cause nobody can make up there mind about any the rules. i guess il just build a 2.6 truck cause workstock is out of the question for me. unless i cheat which aint happening

this wont never work cause nobody can make up there mind about any the rules. i guess il just build a 2.6 truck cause workstock is out of the question for me. unless i cheat which aint happening

We have a good set of rules here in central IN.. Where do you get that nobody can make up there minds... There was a little turbo dispute but that is done and over with..

The premise of this class is to have a street legal, "stock" apperaing, street truck class. IE: trucks that "come off the streets" as DD's and Tow rigs and hook to the sled. Hence no "hanging weight" in front of the bumper, because street trucks dont drive around with tractor weights hanging off of the front end. Same with the dual rear tire rule, street trucks with fleetside beds dont drive around with duals hanging out.

The trucks in this class are meant to "appear" stock and put on a good show, and its intended to be a motivating class to get new blood into the sport, it gives guys a goal to work towards. Its a class that they can build there trucks and make some HP to play on the streets with, but dont have to hook against 100% Dedicated 2.6 pullers, just because they have a S366 and stock fueling. Obviously they will have to compromise with a 2.5" legal turbo, but they can still drive a 700RWHP truck to work, and still show up and hook in a competitve class.

On Sept 3 FPE is putting on a sled pull, there is a thread on here about it. Come up and see what the class is all about. There will be a "BONE STOCK" turbo class as well, which WILL BE teched accordingly, in order to fill in the gap between the competitve 2.5" trucks and your just a tune guys.

http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117074&highlight=fashioned+days

Caleb

well that works for me. i understand the stock appearing rule to get more people involved

well that works for me. i understand the stock appearing rule to get more people involved

To reiterate so that there is no misconception, when I say "stock appearing" I mean visually as spectator watching these trucks compete...

Caleb

why not, plenty of people do LOL
But as far as hanging weights, I think its a good idea.. Just helps things not go bang. What about exhaust, will there be any restrictions on exhuast? crossbolts, exit direction etc?

Let hanging weight be legal. For the most part, these trucks are competiton trucks not daily drivers. Most people don't take the suspension stops out, change tires, change tunes, move hitches and take weight out from under bumper between every pull. If you are going very far from home you haul the trucks. These are not daily drivers. If you want daily drivers they need to be pulling at pulls with antique tractors and farm stock tractors that have 8 miles per hour speed limit. People don't come to watch stock trucks pull. They come for high speed and noise. I repeat, let hanging weight be legal.

So your telling me that there is no difference in how far the weight is out there... Can you say mechanical advantage??
Can you say 60" max like every other weight rule written?
..and weights in the cab can be unsafe
I think I know but is this a question or a statement?
...street trucks with fleetside beds dont drive around with duals hanging out.
You ever been to Kentucky? ;)
...But as far as hanging weights, I think its a good idea.. Just helps things not go bang. What about exhaust, will there be any restrictions on exhuast? crossbolts, exit direction etc?
Hanging weights is a good idea. There's very little that will seem "stock appearing" whether it has a weight bracket in the bed of the truck or one hanging out front or anywhere else. I also do believe letting the front end free wheel without weight is harder than having some weight out there for sure. As for exhaust, must exit behind cab. Cross bolts, no big deal. $5 worth of nuts and bolts and 10 minutes later you're legal and it wasn't hard.
Let hanging weight be legal. For the most part, these trucks are competiton trucks not daily drivers. Most people don't take the suspension stops out, change tires, change tunes, move hitches and take weight out from under bumper :)homo:) between every pull. If you are going very far from home you haul the trucks. These are not daily drivers. If you want daily drivers they need to be pulling at pulls with antique tractors and farm stock tractors that have 8 miles per hour speed limit. People don't come to watch stock trucks pull. They come for high speed and noise. I repeat, let hanging weight be legal.
Yeah, what he said.

I would put a limit on the amount hangable say 400 lbs. And any amount legal in the bed to meet weight rules. Also anyone running an aftermarket bumper is counted as say 100 pounds of weight and no extra plate or weights in the front bumper. Easy to check. These are just examples
But shuts the whining and there are no huge weight boxes or trucks almost dragging from 1500 lbs of weight on the front. And as for the whining about cclb being at an advantage so be it. No duals on non duallie trucks. Run whatever size tire and 2" travel rule. True 2.5 charger, no injectable, removing headlights or water to air. 1 ton smaller driveling. Single pumps including powerstrokes and 13mm p pumps. Set a 4000 rpm rule. Including coming off the line. A 2.5 charger can only flow so much. Throw all the crap you want fuel wise but what will it help. This would be fairly easy to tech. What person would buy a 14mm pump for this class and be any better then a 13mm?

And if you don't like how the rules are in some organizations or how the rules will be don't run plain and simple. Its about being able to take a street truck with some usable everyday mods and come have fun and still be competitive. I think this would make a fun realitivly cheap (compareded to other classes) and breakage would be kept at a minimum with an rpm limit.

Why is it a race to the bottom for these classes? First, people gripe about 2.8 and want to make it affordable. Now 2.6 is too much, but 2.5 would bring equality to the pulling world :doh: . This is getting absolutely ridiculous guys, the only people that will do well with this are the 2.5 charger assemblers.