2.5 2012

This plus hanging weights. I give up on trying to explain that a bedside or bed flare makes no difference. If duals are good for one, they're good for all. If that can't be understood, I'm obviously wasting my time typing. Granted this class is for all the tweeners from the WS and 2.6 class to enjoy and possibly some new blood, I see that it makes no difference that someone who has been in a VERY successful 2.5" class that worked until people realized their ways around the charger rules is trying to push this into the right direction but a lot of arm chair pullers or pullers that will likely not be in the class are having their say in it. The biggest idea of this class is to police the chargers from running away again and turning into today's 2.6" class. Single CP3, hanging weights, duals for all, and a "true 2.5" turbo and this class would be loaded with some of, if not the best "streetable" pulling trucks out there. JMHO.

you sir are 100% correct

Have you all ever seen what a rock will do to lexan? I know quite a few have. I could care less about an advantage. I think that all classes should run some sort of fender to cover the tires. I don't care if it was if it came with duals or not. Heck as long as they would stop debris who cares.

That is my only complaint about duals on a non dual truck is safety and nothing else. Add in "only if covered" which is fair to everyone and safe. I really want this class to come about in this area. Because this would be a fun class and way more affordable for alot of people in the long run.

Last edited:
it will be a box stock 2.5 turbo simple as that. find what turbo manufacturers makes the turbo fits this catergory (ex. borg warner) and stick to it. simple as that. and yea i get the point your making, peoples gunna cheat, but you got to have good techs to inforce any good rules.

I know I am playing devils advocate here - but please tell me how you are going to tech a turbo to determine if it is still "box stock". You just can't look at a turbo and know its stock.

If making a rule to do this was that damn easy - don't you think it would have been done by now?

The Purpose or the 2.5" Workstock Class:

A 2.5" Workstock class is intended to fill the void between Box stock, tranny and tune trucks, and the expensive and competitive world of the 2.6/3.0 Class. It is intended to be a visually "Stock Appearing" Class as defined by the spectators point of view. The point of the class is to allow guys to modify (IE: Aftermarket turbos, CP3s, Injectors, Etc..) there trucks, whether they are Daily Drivers, Tow Rigs, or Low Budget Dedicated Pullers, hook to a sled and pull in a class they can be competitive in; as well as motivating new blood to get involved.

The concept is that Backyard Joe Blow, can build a 700RWHP street truck to drive to work everyday, that when a pulling organization comes around with the 2.5" Workstock rules, Joe Blow can throw some weight in his truck and go hook in a class he's not going to get stomped by a 2.6" truck in. All by only adhering to 3 Major rules; 2.5" INDUCER (IE: 63.5mm) Single CP3, and No Drugs.

You go to an event like this past weekend at Scheid's and see how many hopped up trucks there are that have more than a built tranny and a tune, that are powerful, perform on the street, but would still get it handed to them if they wanted to hook because they got bumped to 2.6" because they do not have a stock or "Stock Appearing" turbo.

Hanging weight A: does not appear stock as a guy sitting in the stands says to himself "Self, you know I could do that", and B: gives an obvious agreed upon advantage to the full timers that are following said organization, who more than likely can still maintain an advantage without the aid of hanging weight, by utilizing their experience. Same thing Applys to the Dual Rear Wheels on Fleetside trucks it A: does not appear stock as a guy sitting in the stands says to himself "Self, you know I could do that", and B: Gives the advantage to the full timers following said organization, who more than likely can still maintain an advantage without the aid of dual rear wheels, by utilizing their experience.

To summerize, the concept, purpose, idea, and drive for this class is to not tie the hands of guys that want to have mean street trucks, that may or may not get used day in and day out. It allows guys to put better turbos on, upgrade their CP3s, put bigger injectors in them AKA Make HORSE POWER which is the whole reason why we love this sport. And if these guys/gals wanna hook there tow rig with a modded VNT, S300, S400, GTwhatever... they can hook in a class they can be competitive in, even if they only do it once a year.

Caleb

PS: And because stock turbos are dumb! :lolly:

Last edited:
Caleb, when and where will this class start? I want to join. :cheer:

Really, that is exactly what I was picturing.

A 2.5" Workstock class is intended to fill the void between Box stock, tranny and tune trucks, and the expensive and competitive world of the 2.6/3.0 Class. It is intended to be a visually "Stock Appearing" Class as defined by the spectators point of view. The point of the class is to allow guys to modify (IE: Aftermarket turbos, CP3s, Injectors, Etc..) there trucks, whether they are Daily Drivers, Tow Rigs, or Low Budget Dedicated Pullers, hook to a sled and pull in a class they can be competitive in; as well as motivating new blood to get involved.

The concept is that Backyard Joe Blow, can build a 700RWHP street truck to drive to work everyday, that when a pulling organization comes around with the 2.5" Workstock rules, Joe Blow can throw some weight in his truck and go hook in a class he's not going to get stomped by a 2.6" truck in. All by only adhering to 3 Major rules; 2.5" INDUCER (IE: 63.5mm) Single CP3, and No Drugs.

You go to an event like this past weekend at Scheid's and see how many hopped up trucks there are that have more than a built tranny and a tune, that are powerful, perform on the street, but would still get it handed to them if they wanted to hook because they got bumped to 2.6" because they do not have a stock or "Stock Appearing" turbo.

Hanging weight A: does not appear stock as a guy sitting in the stands says to himself "Self, you know I could do that", and B: gives an obvious agreed upon advantage to the full timers that are following said organization, who more than likely can still maintain an advantage without the aid of hanging weight, by utilizing their experience. Same thing Applys to the Dual Rear Wheels on Fleetside trucks it A: does not appear stock as a guy sitting in the stands says to himself "Self, you know I could do that", and B: Gives the advantage to the full timers following said organization, who more than likely can still maintain an advantage without the aid of dual rear wheels, by utilizing their experience.

To summerize, the concept, purpose, idea, and drive for this class is to not tie the hands of guys that want to have mean street trucks, that may or may not get used day in and day out. It allows guys to put better turbos on, upgrade their CP3s, put bigger injectors in them AKA Make HORSE POWER which is the whole reason why we love this sport. And if these guys/gals wanna hook there tow rig with a modded VNT, S300, S400, GTwhatever... they can hook in a class they can be competitive in, even if they only do it once a year.

Caleb

PS: And because stock turbos are dumb! :lolly:

Can we see the rules for this class that you guys have been running all year? I totally understand the concept and the point - but what is keeping someone like me from installing a 393ml CP3 pump and a compact GT55 turbo with a custom cover to meet your inducer rules and go whoop up in the class you describe? (Slightly exaggerated for effect. I know I am being difficult - deal with it.)

True 2.5” Inducer Bore NO CLIPPED WHEELS / NO BUSHINGS
Compressor Blades Must be Perpendicular to the Shaft
.200 MAX mwe Groove
No Hanging Weights (Ballast Permitted)
8000lb Maximum (With Driver)
26” Hitch Height
DOT Tires
No Dual pumps, no compressed gases or Power Adders of Any Kind
Diesel Fuel Only
Traction bars are allowed
Valid Registration and Proof of Insurance Required
Single Wheel Trucks Must Run Single Rear Tires, Factory Dual Rear Trucks are Permitted to Run Dual Rear Wheels

I think you'll are making this to complicated. If you drive it on the street, hook it up. Who cares about turbo or pump size. Just don't allow the pulling mods like hanging weight, traction bars, suspension blocks and absolutely no hitch mods allowed. Hook point must be behind the factory rear bumper. Solves the tech problems to.

I think you'll are making this to complicated. If you drive it on the street, hook it up. Who cares about turbo or pump size. Just don't allow the pulling mods like hanging weight, traction bars, suspension blocks and absolutely no hitch mods allowed. Hook point must be behind the factory rear bumper. Solves the tech problems to.

those are not the problems! those are the good things. the turbo is the only factor that should be detrimined at all when looking at this class. its a middle ground class from workstock to 2.6. thats it. if you want to run with no wieghts track bars such and so forth. make a street class like our local fairs have. done deal. no more further comment from me. i really hope this class catchs on cause id like be able to pull in it some.

If you want all of that stuff then it's not a street truck class and you belong in the 2.6 where that stuff is allowed.

Caleb, when and where will this class start? I want to join. :cheer:

Really, that is exactly what I was picturing.

There is a pull this Saturday the 3rd, North Salem, IN starts at 3:00 PM, It will have the 2.5 Work stock class, and a Bone Stock turbo class.

Caleb

True 2.5” Inducer Bore NO CLIPPED WHEELS / NO BUSHINGS
Compressor Blades Must be Perpendicular to the Shaft
.200 MAX mwe Groove
No Hanging Weights (Ballast Permitted)
8000lb Maximum (With Driver)
26” Hitch Height
DOT Tires
No Dual pumps, no compressed gases or Power Adders of Any Kind
Diesel Fuel Only
Traction bars are allowed
Valid Registration and Proof of Insurance Required
Single Wheel Trucks Must Run Single Rear Tires, Factory Dual Rear Trucks are Permitted to Run Dual Rear Wheels

Latest updated Rules...

True 2.5” Inducer Bore NO CLIPPED WHEELS / NO BUSHINGS / NO
TAPERED COVERS
・ .200 MAX mwe Groove
・ No Hanging Weight Beyond Front Bumper (Ballast Permitted)
・ 8000lb Maximum (With Driver)
・ 26” Hitch Height
・ DOT Tires
・ No Dual pumps, no compressed gases or Power Adders of Any Kind
・ Diesel Fuel Only
・ Traction bars are allowed
・ Valid Registration and Proof of Insurance Required
・ Single Wheel Trucks Must Run Single Rear Tires, Factory Dual Rear Trucks are Permitted to Run Dual Rear Wheels

Caleb

Last edited:

i'd rather have a bone stock truck with those mods, than a high hp truck without those modds, your just looking to break stuff, i know personally that my truck wouldnt hold together without those modds, and plus they dont even add power, they just simply apply it!

basically this class is supposed to replace the 2.6 class of 3 years ago thats what it looks like to me... If thats the case why didnt we just leave the 2.6 class how it was then we wouldnt have had to scratch the 2.8. Doesnt this look like its headed the same direction the 2.6 did. When we let 2.5 run all the same rules as 2.6 a couple years from now are we gonna drop 2.6 and just have 2.5.... Lets cut out all the bull**** either you can afford to have a 2.6 truck or you can have a workstock truck there doesnt need to be an in between. we dont need to make new classes for the guys who cant compete in 2.6.

basically this class is supposed to replace the 2.6 class of 3 years ago thats what it looks like to me... If thats the case why didnt we just leave the 2.6 class how it was then we wouldnt have had to scratch the 2.8. Doesnt this look like its headed the same direction the 2.6 did. When we let 2.5 run all the same rules as 2.6 a couple years from now are we gonna drop 2.6 and just have 2.5.... Lets cut out all the bull**** either you can afford to have a 2.6 truck or you can have a workstock truck there doesnt need to be an in between. we dont need to make new classes for the guys who cant compete in 2.6.

^What he said^ if you want too bring another class in bring 2.8 back! Itpa Indiana shouldnt have dropped 2.8 There numbers in 2.6 and 3.0 have been alot lower after the first 4 hooks then in prevece years when 2.8 was ran plus the competion was alot more stronger seemed like any of those guys could win on any giving night! I mean instead of killing a class why not do what B.O.B pullers did and run an outlaw 2.8/3.0 class with the weigh diffrence between the two?

The only difference between 2.6 and 2.8 is the charger. How many 2.6 trucks are there that out perform a 2.8? That is the reason for limiting hanging weight and such to separate a 2.5 and 2.6 class. This class should be an entry level competition class that a modded street truck can come in and be competitive with the dedicated trucks. There will be closer competition as there is in 2.6. WS is very strung out down the length of the track. Limit traction in this class by limiting hanging weight and maybe even a lower hitch height. Doesn't matter how much power you make if it doesn't go to the ground.
The way I see it this should not be based around dd's pulling full time but to make competition more equal and a little cheaper for the guy starting out. Also less traction less breakage to a certain extent.

The way I see it this should not be based around dd's pulling full time but to make competition more equal and a little cheaper for the guy starting out. Also less traction less breakage to a certain extent.

This class is not about people starting out. That's why the WS class was made. This class is for those who go from "starting out" in WS and can't make the $30k jump to the 2.6" class. This is a PULLING class regardless of how you look at it. No hanging weights for the stock charger class, hanging weights for this one. Hell, limit the weight to 400-500 lbs if you want. Tell me how that isn't a step BETWEEN classes. That's what this class is. No matter how you look at it, it's a tweener class for those looking to move up but the jump is WAY too big. Everybody knows the top 2.6" trucks are making the old 2.8" power, so basically you're asking people to make a step from WS to the old 2.8" class. Yeah, right. With the 2.5" class, daily drivers can come off the street and compete with their hot streetable trucks if they wish. If they really think they want to take it serious and become a puller in a PULLING class this would be the perfect platform to get started learning to pull like the other classes that hang weight. Is it that hard or expensive to put a few pieces of metal together to hold weight of some sort? The fact remains this is supposed to be a step between the classes. WS is the entry level class, hence no hanging weight. Want to up it a level, hang weight, even if it is a limited amount. Not allowing the weight will allow the most ridiculous bunch of bumpers which are far more expensive than a weight bracket.