2.6 Protrusion Consensus

Let's see if these help. These sketches can certainly be improved, but it's all I had time for this morning.

It's easy to see in the pictures that from the face both turbo's look the same (looking from the front), and in the pics it's easy to tell where air form the MWE inlets hit's the wheel, but how easy is it to tell on a truck (where I'm assuming it will have to be teched). Not necessarily a question specifically for Mat, just responding to his post as he put up the pictures.

If this is correct you will have to weld up factory covers and remachine covers cause IIRC the map in a standard borg cover starts and takes in the tip of the secondary blade. SOOOOOOOO
Brandon

Are you saying factory turbos would not meet the rules (or am I missing something....as usual)?

What is gonna happen is people are going to get tired of the whining and *****in and a. go to another class or B. Quit pulling.

Get rid of the 2.6 class and go to a 5200# unlimited single, 31" bar tires or 35" dot, no water/no2 and hammer down.

The 2.6 is no longer a street class so why keep all the stupid rules like no fuel cell, interior, some still have 1" travel. Everybody says they wanna keep price down. What better way to do that as being able to take a gutted truck put 20k in a engine and hammer down.

Are you saying factory turbos would not meet the rules (or am I missing something....as usual)?

LOL im trying to ask the rule makers too I have no idea LOL. But if the MWE has to be behind the secondary tips S4's will have to be welded up and remachined cause IIRC the map starts at the secondary tips of the comp wheel?
Brandon

IIRC correctly if you clip a some of the wheels, following the .125 protrusion, it puts the factory MWE right where the larger set of tips are. So if they are requiring the MWE to be behind both sets of tips you have to mod a factory cover even more to make ti meet the rules.

A factory charger would meet the rule as the MWE is behind the only set of tips that exist(excluding the splitter blades)

What is gonna happen is people are going to get tired of the whining and *****in and a. go to another class or B. Quit pulling.

Get rid of the 2.6 class and go to a 5200# unlimited single, 31" bar tires or 35" dot, no water/no2 and hammer down.

The 2.6 is no longer a street class so why keep all the stupid rules like no fuel cell, interior, some still have 1" travel. Everybody says they wanna keep price down. What better way to do that as being able to take a gutted truck put 20k in a engine and hammer down.

A tire restriction has been mentioned before. It would be one of the easiest things to tech and enforce. If you can read you should be able to read the tire sizes. If you can't read you can match up the symbols in the right order.

The last thing I will say is the rules are pretty straight forward and COTPC is a hell of a time and all the truck pullers get along and are great guys aswell as the tech guys and the guys that make it happen behind the scenes and ladies! Carry on im done. *bdh*
Brandon

The last thing I will say is the rules are pretty straight forward and COTPC is a hell of a time and all the truck pullers get along and are great guys aswell as the tech guys and the guys that make it happen behind the scenes and ladies! Carry on im done. *bdh*
Brandon
well said ive heard enough dont seem that difficult

Brandon. Lost all faith in me? Im lucky to be able to tie my shoes i've lost soooooo many brain cells reading everything that is on here. I AM DONE. Sorry only got one pm from you on this. Answered it to the public. No billet wheels, well then were do you stop. I know there is potential for more power wish you would have opened your mouth at the meeting, i know you couldn't vote but the idea would have been helpfull.

Leadfoot and others who can't seem to grasp the concept of what we want sorry. But please stop posting what we have said in your owning words unless you are going to get it right. And yes if i am teching i will look at all of this and will kick anyone out if it ain't right. It is spelled out in black and white. Please learn to read.

Whom ever is in charge lock this thing down before it ends up worse and confusing more people

Ted

35" tires, no hoodstacks, no fuel cells, all lights must be working, rear tires must not stick out anyfurther than 3in from fender, all brakes must work properly, reese hitch, s300, safety equipment, no suspension stops, no hanging weight, no brandon bowersock.

Brandon. Lost all faith in me? Im lucky to be able to tie my shoes i've lost soooooo many brain cells reading everything that is on here. I AM DONE. Sorry only got one pm from you on this. Answered it to the public. No billet wheels, well then were do you stop. I know there is potential for more power wish you would have opened your mouth at the meeting, i know you couldn't vote but the idea would have been helpfull.

Leadfoot and others who can't seem to grasp the concept of what we want sorry. But please stop posting what we have said in your owning words unless you are going to get it right. And yes if i am teching i will look at all of this and will kick anyone out if it ain't right. It is spelled out in black and white. Please learn to read.

Whom ever is in charge lock this thing down before it ends up worse and confusing more people

Ted

I tried to help with some simple drawings and now you're saying I can F-off? Thanks.

Rules

If some of you haven't figured it out yet, They don't want to have no gray area's!!! That way they can bend and keep pushing. It would be simple to make it a*bdh* yes or no but what fun would that be. It sure is funny to watch this. Jeff

Leadfoot and others who can't seem to grasp the concept of what we want sorry. But please stop posting what we have said in your owning words unless you are going to get it right.

I'll gladly stop (last post in here I swear) as I was not trying to discourage you, just trying to show you what YOU "think" is black and white ain't so to a large portion of other pullers. I had went through the same thing this past year and I'm amazed I have any hair left in my head after it.....(actually stopped pulling this year because of it...and you can check our results page to verify) just trying to save you the same aggravation later with playing a devil's advocate and asking for clarification up front. Sorry.

Again good luck,
Chris

Last edited:
You cannot use the term secondary tip, it can be confused with the diffuser, rather it should say "MWE must be located behind the clipped portion of the wheel".

Ted, the reason I ask about the bushing, the local Points Class is 2.8", but being legal to go to a larger sanctioned pull is of concern. I see no issue having a protrusion legal charger that has a removable bushing to allow a 2.8" parent bore for the local pulls, it doesn't change the fact that the turbocharger has a clipped compressor.

You cannot use the term secondary tip, it can be confused with the diffuser, rather it should say "MWE must be located behind the clipped portion of the wheel".

I'm fine with that, but I'm about tired of getting yelled at for trying to make something clearer for everyone, and then on top it kinda implying that everyone that doesn't get it is a retard.

I understood the concept from the get go, and also your renderings.

Well, tell me if they're an accurate representation, or not.

Changing terminology is fine, I just want to know if the concept is correct.

It looks correct, and easily understandable to me. Maybe blue isn't some people's favorite color?

I do not perceive all as being thin, I can imagaine some reading this whilst rolling the coarse elastic band north of their navel.

Back