2.6 Pullers from Southern Indiana and surrounding areas

Ok, if the turbo rule was kept the same as ITPA and duals were allowed on all trucks are there any other objections to these rules?

I don't think there would be a problem with it. If you guys need someone to help with the teching of trucks I would be glad to help.

No other objections here id just like for the rpm limit to be the same as itpa as well it would help keep it simple if ya cant spin 4k maybe there should be a bone stock class for them. From my understanding this is a street stock 2.6 class. Lets face it our trucks are not stock they have mods but on the other hand we need to control what type of mods and to what extent they will be allowed. In my opinion if itpa says 4850 i dont know why it would need to be changed. duals on the 3/4 ton doesnt bother me any. are you talkin about runin dual wide tires like 13.5s or actual dually wheels in the back.. Adam my num is 812-483-6263 I will keep oct 11th open for the meeting ive been busy workin but if need be ill take off work. Id like to see a third party tech i think it would keep it fair and eliminate any arguements about anything bein unfair not sayin that anyone would b dishonest but it would decrease complaints. Id like to hear what everybody thinks im friends with alot of you guess and id like to keep it that way i dont wana step on any toes here..

Matt, I agree with the neutral tech and we have some people that are willing to do it. Dont worry about stepping on toes because your not. Ive never done this and would like as much feedback as I can get whether its good or bad. I am going to need all the help I can get.

What about on the turbo if the wheel has to protrude in the bore an 1/8" that should help with people running big wheels and turning them down.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

are we suppoed to have fire pants and shoes also? how are most of ya hooking up a kill switch?

39. All automatic transmissions must have SEMA approved scatter blanket if above 4500RPM. All flywheels must be steel.

Thats from itpa. I dont know what that means for manuals

What about 30" hitch height for 2wds? All the other same rules.

"2wd trucks are allowed a 30" hitch height. No transfer cases or front drive shafts are allowed for these trucks.'" Since some 2wds run the cab chassis front axle that is completely empty and its just a housing. Just a thought.

Ben, for the kill switch could you wire it in to your electric pump? Thats what I was thinking of doing.

just put kill switch on my 03 and tried to kill the power on the fuel pump that doesnt work injection pump will still pull fuel from tank. I had to kill the key on power wire to the computer. On a 12v from what i've understood gna have to kill the air on them.

Re

39. All automatic transmissions must have SEMA approved scatter blanket if above 4500RPM. All flywheels must be steel.

Thats from itpa. I dont know what that means for manuals

From the general rules;
38. Vehicle must have SEMA approved scatter shields or blanket. All automatic transmissions must have SEMA approved scatter blanket. All flywheels must be steel.

This applies to both autos and manuals. Also, the proposed engine rules allows engine swaps however ITPA doesn't, so that will be a problem if someone with a cummins powered Ford try's to run with them. I suggest setting working with the surrounding organizations that offer a 2.6 class to keep the rules close so your truck can run with the other organizations. That's one mistake the gas guys made and now many of them can't run with other organizations.

Remember this is not an ITPA class. We are using their most of their rules so that the person who wants to run ITPA can with little to no modifications to their truck. There are no organizations down here for us to compare rules to. I would say that 90% of the ITPA pulls are 5-7 hours away from evansville and there is no way that I would drive that far to pull. I think a lot of people have run into that issue as well. There are just no pulling organizations down here. On the motor swap issue, why not? Just because someone else decided against motor swaps doesnt mean we do. If someone went to that much work, I would gladly let them pull with us.