2.6 turbo rule

2.6 rule?

• True 2.6

Votes: 86 76.1%
  • Anything with a bushing/Cheater Chargers

Votes: 27 23.9%

• Total voters
Maybe the people want the folks that are serious about competing to be in the class, hence they move to the dedicated puller classes.

I doubt if many at all need to have their 2.6 truck pull a trailer. Probably almost none, which is exactly why i said a 2.4 class is needed. Because the guys who do pull a trailer typically arent running anything bigger than a 2.4 charger. If you have a true 2.6 charger, have fun with a big load. You can pull it, but you'll be in the slow lane unless you want to melt it down.

Eric

I have a 2.6 charger and pulling a trailer I never see over 1300 thats 8000lb pulling truck 4wheeler and trailer

I would have to agree with Cummins Driver on this, my truck is a dd, pulls the trailer and gets me to work the next day. And to compete in the 2.6 class is impossible in my opionin with a truck like this. The 2.4 charger class i think would bring in alot more "work trucks" and be a good competetive playing field to fill the gap between stock turbo to 2.6

Another way to keep the 2.8 guys out of the 2.6 class is give them some other rules...like maybe a big rearend or hy.steering or maybe let them cut the body out(like the bed floor and such). Then don't allow those rules in the 2.6...Just a thought! The inducer rule is too easy to manipulate!

most 2.8 guys are running an ag gov, but yeah there should be some rule to keep them out of the class, say brandon would scheid of let you pull with the intake horn? I know u got screwed at TS! And its not even in the rules?

I have a 2.6 charger and pulling a trailer I never see over 1300 thats 8000lb pulling truck 4wheeler and trailer

Im mainly talking an S400 2.6 charger since that is pretty much what it takes to be competititve. Is that what you have? I havent seen any silver bullet's or any S300 based 2.6 charger close to the top for a while. Im glad you can tow under 1300* with one, because all of them I have ever seen run at 1000 degrees just cruising down the road empty....

Eric

I think there needs to be a turbo limitation but when it comes to truck teching I would use process of elimination, only do a full/in depth tech on the top pullers receiving payout, usually the top 5 or 6. Anyone caught cheating would earn an instant vacation for a year from the date caught. In my thinking this would cut through a lot of wasted time. If the cheaters are and not winning who cares?

There does need to be some sort of compressor exducer limitation if bushings are allowed.

Do you volunteer to pull that hot exhaust housing off?? Cause I sure won't!

Workstock (no excessive smoke, very subjective but it is what it is)

2.6 bushings OK, but limit comp exducer to 95mm (tech and seal it) or tech top three at pull. if you don't pass tech you are out for the season.

2.8 bushings OK, Open rear driveline and Ag gov

3.0 class should become unlimited single

$.02

2.6 bushings OK, but limit comp exducer to 95mm (tech and seal it) or tech top three at pull. if you don't pass tech you are out for the season.

$.02

Who gets to put the seal on the charger?

$.02

No excessive smoke? Who judges what "excessive" is. Plus you can take a 12valve with a stock charger and put a set of cut delivery valves in it and it will smoke like a train.

If there is a comp exducer limit I think it should be 100 or 105mm

what ever org you pull with? IDK

I suppose at a big event (for instance Schieds) with real payouts, you would probably want to tech them again.

I figured with these rules, #1 the 2.8 guys would put a big rearend in to save money and not break all season long and this would also prevent them from stepping down to 2.6.

Why not put in the rules an exducer limit and that the top # of pullers will have the charger teched. Enforce a fine of $1000 if you don't pass (split amongst the other pullers). You had better believe everyone will be damn sure their charger passes tech...

I suppose at a big event (for instance Schieds) with real payouts, you would probably want to tech them again.

I figured with these rules, #1 the 2.8 guys would put a big rearend in to save money and not break all season long and this would also prevent them from stepping down to 2.6.

Why not put in the rules an exducer limit and that the top # of pullers will have the charger teched. Enforce a fine of $1000 if you don't pass (split amongst the other pullers). You had better believe everyone will be damn sure their charger passes tech...

The rear end is not the only thing they are breaking. Transfer cases and Transmissions are snapping too. One of the top 2.8 trucks here in Kentucky wiped out a motor last year after breaking 2nd gear.

I was just illustrating that most of the local guys seem to have a decent class as they can usually vote and make changes, it is the national events where the issues arise.

This is where I was going earlier....but on top of the fine, ban the cheaters from pulling for a whole year from the date they get caught! That way if they get caught cheating half season they will be out til half way through the next season. If they got caught cheating at a national/once a year event, would a permanent ban be out of line? I think it would eliminate a lot of quarreling and b!tch!ng.

How do you ban someone from a national event when the two largest sledpulling events really don't have a sanctioning body?

Might as well face it, the pullers at the local level vote on their own rules, the way it should be. If those rules happen to line up with the national then great. If not then your changing your truck to fit into a class.

Dan has a point.

I think a heavy fine that benefits the other pullers in the class would work the best...

I doubt if many at all need to have their 2.6 truck pull a trailer. Probably almost none, which is exactly why i said a 2.4 class is needed. Because the guys who do pull a trailer typically arent running anything bigger than a 2.4 charger. If you have a true 2.6 charger, have fun with a big load. You can pull it, but you'll be in the slow lane unless you want to melt it down.

And the money point i was talking about was demonstrated in your post. You said yourself you have 5 trucks available.Most people dont. Lots of people only have 1 and its a daily driver.

I never bad mouthed anyone or their trucks, but im just saying that is why they need a good lower class under the 2.6. So the guys who cant afford to run 2.6 will have a class they can be competitive in without breaking the bank and taking away the streetability.

Eric

This is not a Cummins only topic. Remember 6.6L's can handle more air than 5.9L's. A 2.6 is not the same on a DuraMax as a 2.6 on a Cummins. You can tow fine with a 2.6 on a DuraMax. (spoken calmly ;) )

This is not a Cummins only topic. Remember 6.6L's can handle more air than 5.9L's. A 2.6 is not the same on a DuraMax as a 2.6 on a Cummins. You can tow fine with a 2.6 on a DuraMax. (spoken calmly ;) )

Well where have you been? Haven't seen you out this year pulling!

Last edited:
Back