2.6 turbo rule

2.6 rule?

• True 2.6

Votes: 86 76.1%
  • Anything with a bushing/Cheater Chargers

Votes: 27 23.9%

• Total voters
Cuz I haven't been yet.

Miss me? I been keeping up with you on YouTube. If I would have had your number I would have called you.

Talked to a couple guys on the phone. I'll be at Aurora Monday. Truck is the same other than more tread worn off the tires.

With two boys in High School (one's a Senior), their sports and Cash for Clunklers, I've been a little busy.

I don't think I will make Aurora, I was looking forward to that one, as I have a few different things to try.

This is not a Cummins only topic. Remember 6.6L's can handle more air than 5.9L's. A 2.6 is not the same on a DuraMax as a 2.6 on a Cummins. You can tow fine with a 2.6 on a DuraMax. (spoken calmly ;) )

They will tow better than a 5.9 cummins with a bigger charger, but I dont think a duramax with a 66mm S400 and a T-4 housing is going to tow the best either. The extra displacement will help for sure though.

Plus, its not just the chargers at the 2.6 level. Lots of guys are running welded front and rear differentials, and pretty loose converters too, which makes them not so ideal for the street.

Not arguing with you, just saying that most 2.6 trucks have lost their real streetability in more ways than one.

Eric

Forget the 2.6 as being a street class. Things always evolve, and the street class is no longer the 2.6 class. Street class is now work stock class. This sport is no different than nascar or any other motorsport. The most money ussally wins and evryone else just trys to keep up. Look @ motorcross you have the factory teams with all the technology and money. While the privateteers have limited funds and standard equipment. But they always come back the next weekend to race. It is just how it is. Speed costs money, How fast do you wanna go??

They will tow better than a 5.9 cummins with a bigger charger, but I dont think a duramax with a 66mm S400 and a T-4 housing is going to tow the best either. The extra displacement will help for sure though.

Plus, its not just the chargers at the 2.6 level. Lots of guys are running welded front and rear differentials, and pretty loose converters too, which makes them not so ideal for the street.

Not arguing with you, just saying that most 2.6 trucks have lost their real streetability in more ways than one.

Eric

Agreed!

I like the rules now if you drop to a 2.4 every punk with daddys truck will be at the county fair ,nothing like 80 trucks in the street class how boring.
my truck runs like sh!t but i have one hell of a good time pulling. You either need to step up to the rest of the competition or step out and sit in the stands. Just my $.02

You either need to step up to the rest of the competition or step out and sit in the stands. Just my $.02

So what you are saying is that we just need to have one big class and stick the 2.4, 2.6, 2.8, 3.0, and everything else in the open class, right? I mean, if you cant run with the open trucks, then just sit in the stands. :bang

That is why we have lower classes. So that the people on more of a budget can afford to have some fun and not look stupid doing it.

I personally like watching the work stock class myself. It takes 400-550hp to win it depending on who shows up, and to me, a truck with that much power is no slouch, and makes for a good show too. Definately not something to laugh at. Of course you will have a few pretty stock trucks in there, but dang, you gotta start out somewhere.

Eric

You can't really charge someone for breaking a rule, how are you gonna make them pay? You can only ban them. I think the compressor wheel in the 2.6" class needs to have a 100mm exducer limit. All stock duramax chargers are larger than 2.4" inducer, so where would they pull if you have a 2.4" class?

Let them and the twin turbo strokes run in the 2.4" class. And also let them run any aftermarket 2.4" or smaller charger.

Eric

I like the rules now if you drop to a 2.4 every punk with daddys truck will be at the county fair ,nothing like 80 trucks in the street class how boring.
my truck runs like sh!t but i have one hell of a good time pulling. You either need to step up to the rest of the competition or step out and sit in the stands. Just my $.02

Pretty much it, if your running a dedicated puller, then your usually dedicated.

I would like to watch 80 trucks pull. Our local pulls have maybe 15 entrants in the street diesel class and 150 blowing smoke in the lot. I enjoy watching a truck that works for a living as much as these bad arse trucks you guys have. But then again we would have the same conversation next year because money will prevail, especially with the electronics on todays trucks. Beep, Beep= I'm ready to pull.

So what you are saying is that we just need to have one big class and stick the 2.4, 2.6, 2.8, 3.0, and everything else in the open class, right? I mean, if you cant run with the open trucks, then just sit in the stands. :bang

That is why we have lower classes. So that the people on more of a budget can afford to have some fun and not look stupid doing it.

I personally like watching the work stock class myself. It takes 400-550hp to win it depending on who shows up, and to me, a truck with that much power is no slouch, and makes for a good show too. Definately not something to laugh at. Of course you will have a few pretty stock trucks in there, but dang, you gotta start out somewhere.

Eric
Thats not what I"m saying at all.the classes we have now are fine.
But if you want to run 2.6 dont use a 2.4 use a 2.6 and quit b!tching
If you want to run workstock dont run a 2.4 see what i'm saying now.

Eric

Have to say i agree with you again:Cheer: , if you dont have a class you can start off in and compete then your never going to take it any further.

Back