2005 Cr New build Problems

Im gonna say if you have the harness in a position that you had the cam and crank hooked up backwards, that your harness is ran no where near factory. Make sure you didnt pinch the harness behind the P/S pump, ecm, etc. The way the factory runs the harness I dont think its possible to hook them up backwards.

That's what I was thinking too. I have my 5v supply is fine and signal wire is fine. So something somewhere is shorted to the ground on this circuit?

Definitely. Id go back and check all ur grounds one more time then start at the pcm and probe ur ground tracing it back to the cam sensor

The cam sensor does nothing for performance on this truck. Only the crank sensor is needed.

Im gonna say if you have the harness in a position that you had the cam and crank hooked up backwards, that your harness is ran no where near factory. Make sure you didnt pinch the harness behind the P/S pump, ecm, etc. The way the factory runs the harness I dont think its possible to hook them up backwards.

When I hooked it up backwards I forgot there was a cam sensor. Im used to working on my 12v lol SO it was stretched pretty good cause I couldn't see the other connector. I know I have it ran right now, cause the crank and fan connector are close together at the bottom.

The cam sensor does nothing for performance on this truck. Only the crank sensor is needed.

You sure? Cause it has a hard start and keeps setting the code. When I clear it it starts up well. then if it is on and I try to start it its hard. I just don't want it to shut the truck off again.

You sure? Cause it has a hard start and keeps setting the code. When I clear it it starts up well. then if it is on and I try to start it its hard. I just don't want it to shut the truck off again.

Yeah, I havent seen one make a difference so far. Ive unplugged them, replaced them, even saw one with the cam gear rubbing a hole in the tin and not make a difference in anything besides a code.

Unplug it and see what happens.

Yeah, I havent seen one make a difference so far. Ive unplugged them, replaced them, even saw one with the cam gear rubbing a hole in the tin and not make a difference in anything besides a code.

Unplug it and see what happens.

Truck will not start without the cam sensor plugged in...

However I think I have found the problem. As you guys were saying and after talking to Zach at hamiltion, I need to press the gear on more. For the time being I got a old cam sensor I had and ground down the mounting flange so it would reach in more. Started it up and go figure the light stayed off and crank and cam signals are in sync. So I just need to go on another 1/16''

If the cam gear is not pressed on all the way wouldn't the cam be able to walk front to back a little? That would be kinda hard on the lifters cam bearing and the cam it's self not?

Truck will not start without the cam sensor plugged in...

Well, son of a! I'm a lier. Sorry man. I know I have done what I said, maybe it's a situation like the VP44 trucks? Some need it, some don't. Either way, sorry about the mis-information. My apologies.

Oh no big deal! I had no idea so I would try anything lol And with it only being off by 1/8'' or so I don't think so. It has maybe a couple miles on it now. THey were kinda hard miles but I don't think it will be a problem

Well it took me about 30min but I got the gear pressed on another .050 and guess what? She works like a charm lol Thank you everybody for helping me out!!

Well it took me about 30min but I got the gear pressed on another .050 and guess what? She works like a charm lol Thank you everybody for helping me out!!

Glad to hear that solved your issue. :woohoo:.

Now enjoy your new motor build.

Chris.