2011 NHRDA World Finals - Location

I almost posted that exact same thing before reading through the thread.

I don't really want to drive all the way to the east coast, Kansas was far enough. I'll probably do whatever though.

That being said, Vegas would be a really great location.

Another good piece of info would be how many miles they had to travel one way to get to world finals...approx of course.

Another good piece of info would be how many miles they had to travel one way to get to world finals...approx of course.

I know some of the Canadian guys, (Malcolm, Shawn) came from over 2000 miles. Lots of us in the 1500 to 2000 range from the west and southern canada.

almost needs to be an east coast and west coast finals...

I agree, i also think we need to get more fans involved. I love the idea that Mr. Garmon has in a preregistration race make these payout higher attract some serious competition and people.

Some people just can't handle Vegas.....

Vegas gets my vote, are there going to be trucks from around the world at this one?

Yea I don't get the world finals part if the race. How about the north America finals

:poke:If you win the Super Bowl your considered World Champions and I have yet to see them play the Afghan car bombers or Iraqi infidel killers.:doh:LOL

NHRDA World Finals/Outlaw Championship?? Open it up to all run your points guys races + outlaw style dont close it off to people however put a cap on all of your classes, amount of trucks/cars/vehicles racing. Big payout market it in autozones/napa/jiffy lubes/tracks. Get some sponsors when i think racing and people in the stands i think what companies would benefit from being there. Alcohol, energy drinks, Tobacco companies things like this. Huge money in those guys thats where you can make some sponsor money!

NHRDA World Finals/Outlaw Championship?? Open it up to all run your points guys races + outlaw style dont close it off to people however put a cap on all of your classes, amount of trucks/cars/vehicles racing. Big payout market it in autozones/napa/jiffy lubes/tracks. Get some sponsors when i think racing and people in the stands i think what companies would benefit from being there. Alcohol, energy drinks, Tobacco companies things like this. Huge money in those guys thats where you can make some sponsor money!

I have to agree but it seems like the powers that be in the organizations be they sanctioned or outlaw are having a tough time agreeing on anything, let alone an all encompassing year end finals diesel drag race,

almost needs to be an east coast and west coast finals...

We did this last year, and I'm pretty sure the combined turnout was lower than the total in Topeka. I like the idea of alternating it between Western and Eastern locations. I may have missed them, but I think I only saw 2 or 3 trucks in Topeka from actual East Coast states.

If you plant it, it will grow! Location is a great deal of convenience for most. Unfortunately you can't please everyone...

I personally would strive for Track preparation, organization of the event, and suitable accommodation. IMO, a great Track outweighs the extra driving distance...

I think that I may have been the farthest away, seeing that I live on Vancouver island. We travelled 2300 miles one way to get rained on. Was not impressed. If the event is held in Vegas I will go again. Not to sure if I would make the trek out to Kansas again. I know no one can control the weather and we take our chances. Over all great event, I am glad we went, met slot of great people in this sport. Look forward to next season.

Being the bulk of the fast trucks are in Alberta:pop: , how about Billings j/k. I would give it serious thought if it was Vegas. Won't ever go to Kansas.

Im with Rush Billings sounds good. Its a long haul for me but I think we can make it.
Really though we have raced at both tracks and they are great facilities. Vegas would be cheaper for fans to come to. Cheap air fair and rooms, easy airport access. Trying to fly some one into Topeka was kinda of a mess.

How about rolling it into November 2011, the weekend that SEMA ends. SEMA runs from Tuesday to Friday. Then Saturday have the finals.

We were talking about this at the shop the other day. I've always wanted to run at Vegas. I also think that area would draw more spectators due to a guy can make a vacation out there.

I'd vote Vegas Randy.

Nhrda finals Vegas
Outlaw finals east coast
World finals Kansas bring both together for world finals make it big!

Back