2011 NHRDA World Finals - Location

I say KS and add a sled pull!

We have already talked to Heartland Park about doing a sled pull next year , they have a nice facility over at their dirt track and that is a possiblity for next year

We still run into the problem of having them in September and possible bad weather.

Having 25 events and starting in March makes it tough to get all the division races in by the end of August. There were weekends this year that we had 3 different races in seperate parts of the nation on the same day.

A few guys are whining about were it is, ohh that's to far, or I'll only go if its closer, how many of you guys have even attended all your divisional events and didn't say oh that one is 300miles away that's to far. I'll go to the next one. This sport isn't going to grow if we don't go to as many events as we can. When you do go bring your family, freinds. You guys want fans in the seat. Well bring a crew with ya.

No matter were it is I'm a min of 2500 plus miles away. We'll be there supporting diesel motorsports

I'm with Shawn. Support the sport. We drove to all the division races and even had two cancel that where over 500mile away. It happens.

Owning and operation a family business takes alot of time and effort we race in the side for fun.

We own and operate a family business as well and we still find the time to travel for the races. Its why you have employees.

I am up for traveling where ever the races will take us if it Kansas again then its Kansas, I would like to see the finals somewhere that we wont get the chance of being rained out.

I dont care were I have to travel as long as Im racing and get to see the friends I have gained from racing with the NHRDA.

I think his is referring to the lack of staff to run the events.

I'm just wondering who's fault it is for lack of staff on hand? At Division 3 races I know there is help when needed. It'll be interesting to see how many Div. 3 races we actually have next season.

We own and operate a family business as well and we still find the time to travel for the races. Its why you have employees.

I am up for traveling where ever the races will take us if it Kansas again then its Kansas, I would like to see the finals somewhere that we wont get the chance of being rained out.

I dont care were I have to travel as long as Im racing and get to see the friends I have gained from racing with the NHRDA.

When you find a place with zero chance of being rained out, please tell me LOL. All in good fun...

I'm just wondering who's fault it is for lack of staff on hand? At Division 3 races I know there is help when needed. It'll be interesting to see how many Div. 3 races we actually have next season.

It will be even more interesting to see how many Div 5 races there are since we "lack dedication" because we did not have a good showing at worlds in addition to the recent staff reduction at the NHRDA.

Paul

When you find a place with zero chance of being rained out, please tell me LOL. All in good fun...

Vegas comes pretty close that time of year. Would be nice to have a track with a little heat in it too so the rails and prostock trucks can get better traction.

It will be even more interesting to see how many Div 5 races there are since we "lack dedication" because we did not have a good showing at worlds in addition to the recent staff reduction at the NHRDA.

Paul

Paul, we heard the same stuff about Division 3. Low turn out, even though we had 2 rain outs with no rain dates set, and fliers weren't recieved in time to try to get them out and try to get new faces in. Pretty sweet.

Paul, we heard the same stuff about Division 3. Low turn out, even though we had 2 rain outs with no rain dates set, and fliers weren't recieved in time to try to get them out and try to get new faces in. Pretty sweet.

We know that we need to do a better job of pre-promoting events and that is why we are working hard to get our schedule finalized by December so we can start advertising early and get the word out. Our goal is to have posters and flyers shipped out no later than 3 months prior the event to get the momentum rolling.

We can use everyone help on who and where to ship poster and flyers to it seems like after each event someone will come up and say why didnt you get so and so shop a poster. So if you have any ideas please feel free to email me and let me know who we should be contacting and or ideas on how to expand both our competitor and spectator counts.

my direct email is randy.cole@nhrda.com

Thanks
Randy

(QUOTE=GANDJDIESEL;1257872]
Really though we have raced at both tracks and they are great facilities. Vegas would be cheaper for fans to come to. Cheap air fair and rooms, easy airport access. Trying to fly some one into Topeka was kinda of a mess.[/QUOTE]
I agree on the flight part for sure, we ended up just closing shop because flights were so expensive and not really available.

A few guys are whining about were it is, ohh that's to far, or I'll only go if its closer, how many of you guys have even attended all your divisional events and didn't say oh that one is 300miles away that's to far. I'll go to the next one. This sport isn't going to grow if we don't go to as many events as we can. When you do go bring your family, freinds. You guys want fans in the seat. Well bring a crew with ya.

No matter were it is I'm a min of 2500 plus miles away. We'll be there supporting diesel motorsports

Glad to see you out there Shawn it would be nice if everyone who complains had at least went to 2 of their own division races.

Its why you have employees.

Thats not exactly fair. Not all of us are just watching people make money for us to have fun. If we did have employees I'm sure they would want to go also.

Well you either go without your employees, which lots of companys do. Or you bring them with you. We have lots of employees and some would love to go but they cant make it so they stay back and run the company, while we are gone.

I have asked lots of my employees to come with us racing and for reasons they cant make the trip once I have had my employees come and that was when the race was about 2 hours away.

Vegas comes pretty close that time of year. Would be nice to have a track with a little heat in it too so the rails and prostock trucks can get better traction.

How about Kauai Raceway Park, Mana, Hawaii? Definitely be some heat in the track. It might rain but it would be dry in 30 minutes...........

I cant even imagine how expensive it would be to get there with a motorhome and race truck in tow

Well you either go without your employees, which lots of companys do. Or you bring them with you. We have lots of employees and some would love to go but they cant make it so they stay back and run the company, while we are gone.

I have asked lots of my employees to come with us racing and for reasons they cant make the trip once I have had my employees come and that was when the race was about 2 hours away.

you have to bring all the employees to keep the truck running between rounds:hehe::kick::stab:

you should have bought a :ford:

At least I can go fast.............
If I bought a ford for racing i would have to put up with the slow times. LOL

Back