2011 NHRDA World Finals - Location

How about Kauai Raceway Park, Mana, Hawaii? Definitely be some heat in the track. It might rain but it would be dry in 30 minutes...........

I was going to suggest that but I figured I wouldn't be a dick.LOL

I drag raced when I lived in Hawaii, had a pretty good track out at Barber's Pt on Oahu. Don't think it's there anymore. First place I ever saw the Hemi Under Glass car. Cool as hell.

How about rolling it into November 2011, the weekend that SEMA ends. SEMA runs from Tuesday to Friday. Then Saturday have the finals.

I really like this idea! I've been to Sema years in a row and that would be awsome!

I would come to Vegas if it was held there. Long ass drive, but I plan on putting a lot of effort in to racing next year. Divisional and out of division races. Of course my truck isn't fast and will probably hold together....makes things a little easier, but I want to support the sport and be at as many events as I can. The drive from Georgia to Kansas wasn't the greatest, but I had a great time (even though I didn't race). I am up for anything!

I believe track selection plays a big part as well. Im talking for every event not just the finals. There are tracks out there that are in much better areas/demographics and are not used to their advantage. Go to the right places attract more attention brings many more competitors. Marketing plays such a huge part to the general public not just racers. only way this sport will grow is if we can pack the stands. So promotion from the inside will play a big part. Simple things like flyers and volunteers to hand them out at local events and auto stores would be a huge help. Not just 1 month before an event im talking 3-6 months before so people can plan and make time. Bring in more people the payouts get larger. Also utlizing free marketing strategies more heavily. People poke fun at Facebook but when a half a billion people are intertwined on one website you can get some serious exposure there. Give more to get more the people and money is out there we need to go get it!
That's all great and believe me, Randy is working like a dog to get it as close to this as possible, but track owners can be pains, local sponsors can back out and Randy waits to make posters so he can support the shops that support him and support us. There are so many deciding factors that go into putting these races together. I'm glad to see more people giving ideas, but like Randy said a few pages back, email him directly instead of bashing one of the biggest supporters of diesel motorsports on a public forum. With out Randy and the NHRDA we wouldn't have all these events, so next time before you all b*tch about having to drive somewhere or if a race doesn't go as smooth as you think it should, remember that randy doesn't have to do this and be thankful we have someone like him that wants to see this industry grow.

you have to bring all the employees to keep the truck running between rounds:hehe::kick::stab:

you should have bought a :ford:

He doesn't bring employees... He brings Sheep!!

That's all great and believe me, Randy is working like a dog to get it as close to this as possible, but track owners can be pains, local sponsors can back out and Randy waits to make posters so he can support the shops that support him and support us. There are so many deciding factors that go into putting these races together. I'm glad to see more people giving ideas, but like Randy said a few pages back, email him directly instead of bashing one of the biggest supporters of diesel motorsports on a public forum. With out Randy and the NHRDA we wouldn't have all these events, so next time before you all b*tch about having to drive somewhere or if a race doesn't go as smooth as you think it should, remember that randy doesn't have to do this and be thankful we have someone like him that wants to see this industry grow.

He doesn't bring employees... He brings Sheep!!

I dont believe anyone so far in this thread has bashed the NHRDA

Well.....I definitely vote for Vegas, but if you had it in Florida, I would still try my damndest to get there. I would probably make it too!

I ran all 4 Division 2 races this year and Topeka.
Phoenix - 350 miles
Sacramento - 410 miles
Redding - 570 miles
Pueblo - 1100 miles
Topkea - 1525 miles

Almost 8000 miles for me this year. Had one second place finish. Even if I had won all the races, it still wouldn't have paid for my expenses. I don't do it for the money, but how many of us do? Most of these trips were flying solo too because I don't have anyone that can go with most of the time. I agree with Shawn and Michael 100%! If we don't quit griping about the distance or lack of sponsors and start showing up to the events, the sponsors aren't gonna come around. They need a reason to dump their money in the sport, lets give them one!

Oh yeah...and no tow vehicle or crew here. I run 16 flat in the brackets because that's all I can afford...but I'm still out there trying to promote our sport and help it grow! If you aren't out there racing, you have no room to complain!

Well.....I definitely vote for Vegas, but if you had it in Florida, I would still try my damndest to get there. I would probably make it too!

I ran all 4 Division 2 races this year and Topeka.
Phoenix - 350 miles
Sacramento - 410 miles
Redding - 570 miles
Pueblo - 1100 miles
Topkea - 1525 miles

Almost 8000 miles for me this year. Had one second place finish. Even if I had won all the races, it still wouldn't have paid for my expenses. I don't do it for the money, but how many of us do? Most of these trips were flying solo too because I don't have anyone that can go with most of the time. I agree with Shawn and Michael 100%! If we don't quit griping about the distance or lack of sponsors and start showing up to the events, the sponsors aren't gonna come around. They need a reason to dump their money in the sport, lets give them one!

Oh yeah...and no tow vehicle or crew here. I run 16 flat in the brackets because that's all I can afford...but I'm still out there trying to promote our sport and help it grow! If you aren't out there racing, you have no room to complain!
Thanks for coming out and supporting our sport! And there is no shame in running a slower bracket truck. You may have seen my Ford at some of those races (all the Div2 races except Pueblo), it's a traction-limited mid-15 second truck, and until this year was a mid-17 second truck!

Mikaela,
I hadn't noticed the 10.89 in your signature, congrats to you guys on getting the truck running that quickly! IIRC Matt said it was close when we talked in Topeka!

Regards,
Michael Pliska

Mikaela,
I hadn't noticed the 10.89 in your signature, congrats to you guys on getting the truck running that quickly! IIRC Matt said it was close when we talked in Topeka!

Regards,
Michael Pliska

Thanks Michael!
It definitely took a lot of work on his part, but it was awesome to see it do so well. He should have it where he wants it and reliable by the time Phoenix comes around!

The flight options, hotel options, and ease of getting around, and things to do before/after the races, Vegas would be a good venue.

Thanks for coming out and supporting our sport! And there is no shame in running a slower bracket truck. You may have seen my Ford at some of those races (all the Div2 races except Pueblo), it's a traction-limited mid-15 second truck, and until this year was a mid-17 second truck!
Regards,
Michael Pliska

See you out there all the time Mike! I would have to say that you are one of the best sportsmen when it comes to our circuit! The first race I ever attended was the NADM race in Bakersfield a few years ago. I was green and asked you some questions and to this day you are always more than happy to share your tips and tricks about brackets. Definitely been a big help in me getting my truck to the consistency that it is at now!

Thanks!
Nathan

Hello Nathan, when I first started racing I was running high 17 to low 18 ETs. Everyone I've met in the NHRDA has always been willing to help out, whether it be just advice, pointers, loaning tools, or pitching in if someone has a problem. Several people have even helped the old guy load up his tires after a race. Like Michael, I'm always willing to share anything I can to help out. Mr. Price issued a somewhat veiled challenge regarding the upcoming Speedworld race so I guess I'll see everyone there.

Jim

Hello Nathan, when I first started racing I was running high 17 to low 18 ETs. Everyone I've met in the NHRDA has always been willing to help out, whether it be just advice, pointers, loaning tools, or pitching in if someone has a problem. Several people have even helped the old guy load up his tires after a race. Like Michael, I'm always willing to share anything I can to help out. Mr. Price issued a somewhat veiled challenge regarding the upcoming Speedworld race so I guess I'll see everyone there.

Jim

Hey Jim... Tis true, there are many great competitors in our organization. One of the things i really like bout the Diesel community in general compared to some other sports. I just pointed out Mike because he was the first "racer" I ever talked to in this sport and have seen him around a lot.

Be good to see you in Phoenix.

See you out there all the time Mike! I would have to say that you are one of the best sportsmen when it comes to our circuit! The first race I ever attended was the NADM race in Bakersfield a few years ago. I was green and asked you some questions and to this day you are always more than happy to share your tips and tricks about brackets. Definitely been a big help in me getting my truck to the consistency that it is at now!

Thanks!
Nathan

And his beer! Michael you definitely got us hooked!

Jim

Jim,

You're awesome! My favorite picture of the season is with you!
MenJim.jpg

Um, Mikaela - where is Jim's other hand? ;) Sorry, it was just too easy...

Glad you guys like the beer!

I should get a kickback from Deschutes Brewery for bringing samples of their beer to new markets ;)

Nathan,
I remember talking to you at the track, glad I could help! I'm by no means an expert, but I make sure to share whatever info I do have, it seems to help keep people interested in the sport if they get more info about it. If you haven't already seen it, there is a sticky thread here with racing tips: Drag Racing 101 - Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together

Regards,
Michael Pliska

Should have my drag truck ready for 2011 season! My vote is for Vegas!

Well we will go wherever the finals are, but Vegas would be a cool venue was been said easier and cheaper to get if you are going to fly in and chances of a rainout are alot less and there is soooo much more to do in Vegas...for not only the fans but for racers also.

Would be cool to have it around SEMA would attract alot more attention all around...but weather through the moutains could prove to be interesting as last year coming back from Boise she got to be a little exciting a time or two...

Kudos to Randy for all the time and effort he puts in....we are looking forward to next year and now that we got all this years bugs worked out we will be at more races next year!!!!

Vegas!!! For sure that would be sweet! I think we need a poll to let the majority decide, the weekend after sema would be prime! It would be much easier since all the vendors are already in Vegas for sema, and a good amount of people will be at sema already, also, who cares if it's a couple more hours for the eastern guys, it's Vegas! Cmon now!

Vegas!!! For sure that would be sweet! I think we need a poll to let the majority decide, the weekend after sema would be prime! It would be much easier since all the vendors are already in Vegas for sema, and a good amount of people will be at sema already, also, who cares if it's a couple more hours for the eastern guys, it's Vegas! Cmon now!

As was stated earlier, probably too late due to potential bad weather conditions on the mountain roads in the west and potentially mid west.