2011 NHRDA World Finals - Location

Hey Shawn, on another note. DEI is sponsoring me this year. They sent me their diesel N2O kit (amoung a bunch of other stuff) that will be going on the truck. Now I'm a junkie also...:nos:

That's awesome Rob, you just made my day. The thought of raceing the ol Ford tank this year made you nervous ehhhh LOL

That wasn't pointed at you shawn, but the one you were talking about. You're racing travels put almost everyone's to shame.

I'd like to do that too, but last year, I needed to go back to the garage after every event and lick my wounds.:Cheer:

Since i was the only other one in the post there you must have been asking me the question,
in 3 months i traveled just under 3000 miles to racing events and even made a 1200 mile round trip just to watch one NHRDA event in atlanta with my family.....

This year will be attending about 5 NADM events and maybe a few NHRDA events, (3) IHRA nationals, and (3)ADRL nationals events, we have been invited to. Maybe do a few outlaw races too...
Not to mention all the testing that will commence in another month or two...
Likely at a southern Ga, or Fl track.

Last edited:
Really just to make sure I can spool at all the elevations at which I race. I have visions of Shawn waving the marijuna joint in front of me, and having the neddle loaded with heroin hiding behind his back.

Sooner or later I'll be walking the pits pushing a shopping cart with empty N2O bottles, sores on my thumb from pressing the button, neck brace on from the whip lash, and a cardboard sign around my neck promising anything just so long as I get my next "hit"

Really just to make sure I can spool at all the elevations at which I race. I have visions of Shawn waving the marijuna joint in front of me, and having the neddle loaded with heroin hiding behind his back.

Sooner or later I'll be walking the pits pushing a shopping cart with empty N2O bottles, sores on my thumb from pressing the button, neck brace on from the whip lash, and a cardboard sign around my neck promising anything just so long as I get my next "hit"

The shame of it all, resorting to the squeeze, thought I learned you better than that. You might as well get a 12 valve, knock out half your teeth and start telling us 1/8 mile racing is where it's at.:doh::doh:

LOL only drugs for the truck. Ehh I'm down from three to just one. But two and three are still in th truck so I don't lose to bad to ya.

Ken don't worry buddy. While Rob runs away with super street we'll battle er out in the 11.90 class

This year is goin to be the battle of the duracraps in superstreet. They came out of the wood workds for worlds last year. I think there was 6 or more running 10's.

Can't wait to see the battles between Rob and Demetry

I'm going to play in the 11.90 class with the tow truck also Shawn. It was a perfect 12.0 truck, should be a contender.

Duramaxs running 10's in super street? They better have more game than that to play...

Rob you sound pretty confident. Rumor has it there's another duracrap that's head hunting for you lol a kid that can't stand still. Always bouncing around. Can't wait to see what happens there

Think Dmitri is going to run prostreet in his single cab, that is if he gets it built. Haven't heard how that project is going. Hope he does run Superstreet.

The shame of it all, resorting to the squeeze, thought I learned you better than that. You might as well get a 12 valve, knock out half your teeth and start telling us 1/8 mile racing is where it's at.:doh::doh:

Hey GRAMPS, don't knock the 12 valves. If this is your attitude you might as well stay in Madras where you won't have to run more than an 1/8 mile. I know you are so much older than I am, maybe you should cut back and save your energy................

I agree with the Industrial boys, there is lots of things to do in Vegas if you dont gamble or drink, there are amusement parks, there is shopping, there are tons of shows.

And for people having reasons to not go to Vegas, have some of you even been there?

I for one think Vegas is one of the best tracks I have ever been on and the facility is amazing.
Vegas will get my vote everytime, and Shawn what was there for families to do in Topeka? besides the water slide at the hotel and shopping?? other than that there was not much to do.

Cant argue with that logic.... If your gonna be the fastest, you have to:
A. Spray the guts out of an Isuzumax.
B. Get a real motor.

:stab: :evil

Rob you sound pretty confident. Rumor has it there's another duracrap that's head hunting for you lol a kid that can't stand still. Always bouncing around. Can't wait to see what happens there

Rumors are just that, until the green light in March in Phoenix.

Wow, a few topics have been brought up in this thread lately!

I know a certain Duramax that runs fairly quickly, and IIRC is the only full-size pickup other than Keating Shelly consistently in the 8's, and so far has not inhaled any drugs (save for the occasional cold-morning ether start) ;)

The separate East and West finals idea was already tried (in 2009). I think I was the only person to compete in both of those finals. Not sure of the exact count, but I would have to say that the total count for both events was still below what we saw in Topeka. For once a year, in order to bring the best from around the country, I think it is worth it to have a single national championship race.

As far as Vegas goes, I don't gamble, and really don't like the Vegas strip, but always seem to have a good time there. As far as kid-friendly, the Fremont Street area seemed much more kid friendly (aside from what the showgirl was trying to do to the guy from Premier, but I think she just liked him)...

I have helped crew at Vegas before but never been down the track, but many of my friends race there regularly. As I understand it, the track has issues in colder temperatures even more so than other tracks, so you don't want to schedule too late in the season there. The Thanksgiving race this past year was a disaster due to cold temperatures.

I liked Topeka in general, but as noted above the track layout leaves a bit to be desired.

Regards,
Michael Pliska