2014 Rules and Class's?

Note to self, stay way away from Lance if he at the race especially if it's hot.

There is no damn way a street legal truck with somewhat stock suspension is going to run in the mid 10's on street tires. For sure no 2 wheel drive and probably no 4x4 either. If you have a current Super street truck thats 4x4 and weighs 6000 lbs, it takes 1000 hp to the ground to go that fast with perfect racing conditions. I'd bet a lot of money it wouldn't happen. A lot of us have 1000 hp trucks that weigh way more than 6000 lbs and they will light up the street tires with a lot less Hp to the ground than 1000 hp.

do caltracks count as stock?

Docboy, got 1/8 mile and 60' data for that truck?

I'm at 7000# and based on my almost 7.0 run in the 1/8 earlier this year before i bent rods, i'm sure ill get near the mid 10's with nitto 420's

999129_659051507449865_1202518446_n.jpg

The 10.83 slip was fuel only and he smoked the lights (1.31 60'). Mph shows it should of been low 11's.

The 10.37 was legit based on trap speeds and the 60' was in line with what it should be.

Last edited:
999129_659051507449865_1202518446_n.jpg

The 10.83 slip was fuel only and he smoked the lights (1.31 60'). Mph shows it should of been low 11's.

The 10.37 was legit based on trap speeds and the 60' was in line with what it should be.

Sweet! I have more hope! LOL

Not to get too off topic: How bad was the tire spin? Was tough to tell from the video

My closest track tends to have dirty staging lanes (lots of little rocks). Once I solve that issue by getting to another track I can work on my 60 better next year. (1.65's)

There is no damn way a street legal truck with somewhat stock suspension is going to run in the mid 10's on street tires. For sure no 2 wheel drive and probably no 4x4 either.

P1010947_zps15781743.jpg

That's only on #2, running 7 year old LTXs that spin through the first 1/8 mile. If I had some of those fancy, dancy Nittos, I'm sure I could knock a tenth or two off that. Nittos and spray, even more. Although, I do run spring clamps, so I guess I don't have a 100% stock suspension.

While I do understand that a lot of you guys want an index custom tailored to your trucks. But, do we really need another index or bracket? I don't think so! Most spectators don't think so either. Setup a class where you have fast trucks, doing heads up racing, in full street trim. Now that's something I'd spend some time driving to, and spectators would enjoy seeing. Maybe even let the 2wd trucks run drag radials to have more trucks that are competitive.

The locals absolutely love me driving to the track and to the staging lanes in full street trim, and putting to the trailered in, big slicked, dedicated drag cars. If you want to build the sport with people outside the diesel world, that's the way to do it!

While I do understand that a lot of you guys want an index custom tailored to your trucks. But, do we really need another index or bracket? I don't think so! Most spectators don't think so either. Setup a class where you have fast trucks, doing heads up racing, in full street trim. Now that's something I'd spend some time driving to, and spectators would enjoy seeing. Maybe even let the 2wd trucks run drag radials to have more trucks that are competitive.

The locals absolutely love me driving to the track and to the staging lanes in full street trim, and putting to the trailered in, big slicked, dedicated drag cars. If you want to build the sport with people outside the diesel world, that's the way to do it!

Ok so I will just skip the apologies on this one....

Index class tailored to your trucks? You really are dense aren't you.. Claiming a index class be tailored to certain trucks. You obviously have no idea what index is about then. The index would take the tailoring completely out of a class..

But yet in the same breath you would like a tailored class to fit your truck? :doh:

P.S. If a mid 10 second truck is putting a so called big slick dedicated trailer car back on the trailer then they are doing it wrong. In Texas that is laughable.

It had some pretty good tire shake but drove through it.

We don't even have an set of traction bars on it yet. We'll have that taken care of before the 16th.

Note to self, stay way away from Lance if he at the race especially if it's hot.

There is no damn way a street legal truck with somewhat stock suspension is going to run in the mid 10's on street tires. For sure no 2 wheel drive and few 4x4 either and who don't come to the NHRDA races anyway. If you have a current Super street truck thats 4x4 and weighs 6000 lbs, it takes 1000 hp to the ground to go that fast with perfect racing conditions. I'd bet a lot of money it wouldn't happen. A lot of us have 1000 hp trucks that weigh way more than 6000 lbs and they will light up the street tires with a lot less Hp to the ground than 1000 hp.

There Greg I fixed it, I stand corrected.

Last edited:
Heard of a new nhra rule about turbos? Andy I'd venture to say right 90% of the chargers that are on the trucks now do not pass tech. Thought I'd throw that out there.

I might also throw out there how great 10 second trucks on street tires would be for track prep......

Leave it to Anthony to walk in kick the ant pile and walk out!

LOL

Haha.

I am not gonna rant on about the 10:50 toooo much but since we are on the subject lol. Let's put the drive thing aside and just concentrate on the trucks by your local race track. By us in Texas I can seriously think of 7 to 8 trucks that would race this class or would have before they were sold. I know it is not a fix all solution but it will get more trucks on the track and divide the mega sponsored balls out trucks and mom and pop owned lower budget guys. A decent amount of SS and PS guys would jump ship to this class and then a balls out unlimited class could remain.

Have to agree the street tires tear the hell out of the starting line. If the Nitto's are so great why outlaw DOT approved drag radials they are street legal? I think if there was to be a second index class (and I'd bet my house there won't be) it would probably draw a bigger turnout at 10.90. Some of the faster 11.90 trucks would move up, and some of the slower SS trucks would move down. Less oil downs for sure as it would take less power. Although it would still take a lot. About 850 hp to the ground on a 6000 lb truck and around 1150 or so for a 7000 lb truck. I'm not holding my breath in either case.

Hogue hacked my account, put a pic of himself up and typed that message. Damn auto correct.... I guess LOL

Honestly, a 4x4 can't go 10's with radials? Time slip dislexia must've gotten the best of me again, and again, and again.....