2014 Rules and Class's?

Who cares if it's in neutral if the thing runs away and scatters itself all over the place? The point is to stop the motor....not stop the truck.
Are you that stupid to think you don't need one?

i dont see a problem, most problems are from mechanical engines(they need one), or folks that shouldent be behind a wheel(bigger issue)!

AND you can count the supposed issues on less than ONE hand in the last 10 YEARS!!!

I know i dont need one, i've proven ours wont run on oil, hardley even eather... even if it ever tried too, just a simple shift into the "N" on my shifter and im good, but like any seasoned driver you should be in nutral and engine off right after the strip anyway..

Engine scattered you say..LOL..thats what my belly pan is for!!!

Are you that ****in stupid to think putting it in neutral will help when the turbo let go and was running off engine oil ?

I've had pleanty turbo's let go and NEVER even a revolution of uncontrolled RPM...

want another point of view....Limit turbo boost PSI to 45 PSI, Bet you a zillion you'd never have a runaway!!!
Some of you need to take driveing classes, or better yet a common sence class......One of the first things taught is saftey in useing neutral...Parachut, Neutral, and engine off

Like i said cant fix stupid, but then again im talking to the best keyboard racers on the net...

Sorry to sound errogant, but i just cant stand the people who cry wolf over a non issue, makes it impossible for teams to compete now, now add extra weight and thousands in extra expenses/ repairs/ additional chassis and piping work..., where do i have room/money/time for this??? i dont!

truck wasent made for a loaded engine bay, but a much smaller N/A small block.

dosent make any sence, skimp on real saftey (like belly pans, and diapers, lisences, chassis certs and max chassis weights) but inforce the gayest items like a air shut off on electric engines... you guys sound like our government.

:soap:

Phuck him...he's gone. Mr know it all doesn't get it at all.

Only problem of everyone wanting a 10.9 class or what ever is none of you **** sticks will travel more than 100 miles from home.. I would say untill you start making more than one race a year STFU.

Hmm I guess I never saw you in Colorado? That's a 1k trip one way for me.

I also think that is easy to say. However I think more might be more inclined to travel further knowing they are running in a class they can compete in also.

Damm, I really wanted to know how putting it in neutral could stop an engine from running away :nail:

That right there is difference between people raised in diesel as those that join in later and become a know it all. It's a know fact for YEARS that a turbo failure can cause runaways, runaways which only end when the engine has shat it's guts everywhere or run out of oil.

How does a guy become a leader in diesel performance without having been a diesel mechanic busting ass on equipment or big trucks first?

Something in the 10.5-10.9 range would be great for all of us that wanna go fast, but don't have deep enough pockets to go single digits.

Well I don't see a new class happening, and I agree with Lance, most everyone who is clammering for a new class still think you can fall off the edge of the earth if you drive more than a 100 miles from home. The only reason Rony's truck ran away was he tried to drive it back to the pits after he blew the turbo on a stock Duramax and a chit load of NOS. It can happen on a common rail but not often and I wouldn't bother installing one, especially running in the slower classes. The only thing a 10.5 index class will get you is more oil downs with guys trying to push their budget builds faster than they should. If your truck can run 10.5 consistently race Super Street, 10.5 has won a lot of Super Street races.

There are alot of 10.5 trucks that will run consistent alot of them are faster than that and not budget builds... Do away with super street let those guys go pro street or 10.5 that class is all over the place anyways you got guys runnin 11s to low 9s and all the match ups ive seen hasn't ended up with much side by side racing.. I wouldn't mind traveling to a damn race if i knew i wasn't just showing up to get knocked out first round.. I don't have a truck backed by half a dozen sponsors or deep pockets for that matter.. My truck is too nice to go cutting up to shed weight to run with prostreet or even superstreet guys.. There are alot of people in the same situation as myself i don't see how yall can't see this class as being a positive..

Well why don't we suggest to Randy that the 10.5 guys want to have a trial to see if it is actually a good idea, say three of the races one on the east coast one in the middle and one out west and we'll see. That would stop all the guess work and we'll see if anyone is willing to travel to more than their home race to compete. There are a bunch of west coast and Canadian racers who travel all over the country to support NHRDA I don't see anyone except Wade coming west for any of the races.

I still think all you will get is thinner numbers in each class, and more oil downs. The thing that so cool about Super Street is they are basically street legal trucks. Yes there are a few that can run low 9's but not many. They don't have to be towed to and from the start and finish line, don't need ether to be started and have basically stock suspension and a minimum weight limit. I guess I don't understand why you would want to do away with the only class that really shows what a street legal truck is capable of.

Well I don't see a new class happening, and I agree with Lance, most everyone who is clammering for a new class still think you can fall off the edge of the earth if you drive more than a 100 miles from home. The only reason Rony's truck ran away was he tried to drive it back to the pits after he blew the turbo on a stock Duramax and a chit load of NOS. It can happen on a common rail but not often and I wouldn't bother installing one, especially running in the slower classes. The only thing a 10.5 index class will get you is more oil downs with guys trying to push their budget builds faster than they should. If your truck can run 10.5 consistently race Super Street, 10.5 has won a lot of Super Street races.

As said before I was willing to travel and did to events where I could compete. The problem with SS is the stock frame rule. A lot of the guys running the 10.5 to 10.90 are 2wd and getting it to stick that HP on stock rear suspension with very limited tire selections is a challenge.

As said before I was willing to travel and did to events where I could compete. The problem with SS is the stock frame rule. A lot of the guys running the 10.5 to 10.90 are 2wd and getting it to stick that HP on stock rear suspension with very limited tire selections is a challenge.

The new trend is to run one or two leaf springs, ladder/traction bars, and coil overs. Fits the rules but still allows for a lot of tuning to the rear 2 wheel drive or 4 wheel drive. With full slicks, hooking shouldn't be too bad.

The new trend is to run one or two leaf springs, ladder/traction bars, and coil overs. Fits the rules but still allows for a lot of tuning to the rear 2 wheel drive or 4 wheel drive. With full slicks, hooking shouldn't be too bad.

I agree and that is and has been the plan for the new build to work towards the class. Don't confuse me for one of the ones saying ditch the SS class because I think we have room for both strictly judging off of trucks in our area. The third gen is a still a bit of a pain with the brake mods and tire limitations still. The weight loss is going to be the hard part from what I am seeing so far.

If we had the index class I would have kept the back half truck. I will just compete in the 11.90 for now till I get the chassis where I think it could hold the power then build up the HP see if I can compete. Just be tough to get to 5500 lbs even in the 2wd and having a big enough tire without narrowing.

thats easy......dually fenders and a dana 80, i can fit a 17'' wide slick or giant puller on mine with the tires still inside the fender. that was with a 15X20 or 15X12 rims on 4.5'' back spacing

thats easy......dually fenders and a dana 80, i can fit a 17'' wide slick or giant puller on mine with the tires still inside the fender. that was with a 15X20 or 15X12 rims on 4.5'' back spacing

I could do that but it sure would not help with weight and still would have to do brake swap to hold anything that's going to run bottom 10's not to mention a 17" on a wheel smaller than 15" wide is a waste.

You just because I got to ask Lance and you know I like you but. When was the last time you pulled a truck to an event any distance away paying out of your own pockets? :poke:

I think a Super Street should have a passenger seat rule! Lol
I know when I drive on the street I usually take a passenger. What's the point of a fast ass street truck when you drive around by yourself ?? Lol

If we had the index class I would have kept the back half truck. I will just compete in the 11.90 for now till I get the chassis where I think it could hold the power then build up the HP see if I can compete. Just be tough to get to 5500 lbs even in the 2wd and having a big enough tire without narrowing.

The beauty of the index class is you don't need the best 60' in the class to be competitive. Come out of the gate with enough boost to stay on the charger or chargers without blowing the tires away. Dial in the hp to run the # $.02

Instead of an index class, it should be a Pure Street class. Street legal trucks (passenger seats included), only no slicks or drag radials. That should put most good running trucks in the mid 10s where a lot of us want to run

Good competitive heads up racing that the regular guy can do, without the index thing. Probably be less oil downs and breakages due to less strain on the driveline too.

I could do that but it sure would not help with weight and still would have to do brake swap to hold anything that's going to run bottom 10's not to mention a 17" on a wheel smaller than 15" wide is a waste.

You just because I got to ask Lance and you know I like you but. When was the last time you pulled a truck to an event any distance away paying out of your own pockets? :poke:

would of been both times i went to BC from Alligator, about 500 miles each way with detours to see friends. tried to split fuel to the first Texas race this year.....drove the VW so it was like $125 each way and that was 1300ish miles each way bif

i know what your saying Jacob. Fuel, food and lodging gets spendy when there is people that have to eat something other than what the quickie mart offers and the drive home is with the windows down cuz everyone has slept in trailer and or same clothes for 2-3 days w/out a shower.

Instead of an index class, it should be a Pure Street class. Street legal trucks (passenger seats included), only no slicks or drag radials. That should put most good running trucks in the mid 10s where a lot of us want to run

Good competitive heads up racing that the regular guy can do, without the index thing. Probably be less oil downs and breakages due to less strain on the driveline too.
Let me just say I am sorry before the rest of my response.

That is just stupid and narrow minded. Show me a 2wd street legal diesel truck that runs 10's on a true street tire.. You are eliminating a whole class of trucks before it even starts.

would of been both times i went to BC from Alligator, about 500 miles each way with detours to see friends. tried to split fuel to the first Texas race this year.....drove the VW so it was like $125 each way and that was 1300ish miles each way bif

i know what your saying Jacob. Fuel, food and lodging gets spendy when there is people that have to eat something other than what the quickie mart offers and the drive home is with the windows down cuz everyone has slept in trailer and or same clothes for 2-3 days w/out a shower.

LOL you go big guy! I would not wish my funk on anyone after 2 to 3 days of an event with no shower... :Cheer: