2014 Rules and Class's?

All bickering aside, it seems like most are in agreement that there needs to be a 10 sec class out there. I'd like to see heads up racing, but even an index is better than nothing.

Not gonna happen, this year atleast. I emailed randy about it and his response was that the classes would stay the same and with losing jj his plate is Mich more full.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

i have always thought 10.5 would be good, but they always shoot it down

As for the air shut off you are going to be more specific about how you want it run, does it have to be mechanical? How should it be activated? Does it have to kill the engine completely? because even some of the ones i have see that are top notch wont always snuff the engine completly out with no load. How do you plan on tech? Does it need to be pre or post turbo? I have some ideas on how to make one work on my truck but im going to need some more info... and installing it in march to make the first event wont be good for most people

Not gonna happen, this year atleast. I emailed randy about it and his response was that the classes would stay the same and with losing jj his plate is Mich more full.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

What happened to JJ?

There needs to be a 10.50 class for sure....no 10.50 class this year....they are not getting our money this year.

I guess Randy hasn't ever seen field of dreams....but it gos "if you build it they will come"

Not "if they come we will build it" Give the guys a place to race and they will show until then i'm tired of hearing all the guys saying crap like "if yall would show up"

Somebody please explain to me the logic where you wait till you have too many trucks in a class before you make a new one or why anybody would spend $1000 on a race weekend to take a low 11 high 10 truck to a race knowing that there is more then 1 truck in the field capable of going well into 9s

We ran 10.50 at TS and had a blast that was a good race, then turned around and ran SS at Indy and were way out classed makes perfect sense to me to return to TS this year but not to renew our NHRDA membership until we have a class to race in.

I hear everyone when they say why come if the class we are in there are guys running faster. First off in diesel racing how often does the fastest truck win...not very often! We go for love of the sport and to help it grow we were at TS also and honestly the truck was no great number either it is a great show don't get me wrong there and we will probably try and get there again this year but if we didn't have the NHRDA just where would we race how many races are there outside the NHRDA??

I don't disagree on making more classes but to just boycott is not going to help the association at all and if there isn't an association then where will we go??

Last edited:
I hear everyone when they say why come if the class we are in there are guys running faster. First off in diesel racing how often does the fastest truck win...not very often! We go for love of the sport and to help it grow we were at TS also and honestly the truck was no great number either it is a great show don't get me wrong there and we will probably try and get there again this year but if we didn't have the NHRDA just where would we race how many races are there outside the NHRDA??

I don't disagree on making more classes but to just boycott is not going to help the association at all and if there isn't an association then where will we go??

totally agree I would love to see the class but sure not going to not go to the races I can go to. I may not spend the extra funds trying to make races that are further away but that's another story.

Well I don't see a new class happening, and I agree with Lance, most everyone who is clammering for a new class still think you can fall off the edge of the earth if you drive more than a 100 miles from home.The only thing a 10.5 index class will get you is more oil downs with guys trying to push their budget builds faster than they should. If your truck can run 10.5 consistently race Super Street, 10.5 has won a lot of Super Street races.

I have heard that claim enough already. Let me just go ahead and show you how wrong you are.

Here are the SS results from last year.....

Gator: Rain out
Ennis: Brian Spooner, 9.690 sec. 142.85 mph defeated Pat Liskey, 12.203 sec., 112.87 mph
Jeff State: Pat Liskey, defeats Andrea Coddens, Timing Failure no times but we know for a fact that both trucks are 9 and low low 10sec trucks
Jeff State Pro Street (just to make a point) Pro Street: Andrea Coddens, defeats Harvey Grant
BD: Rich Mead, 10.367 sec., 135.21 mph defeated Torrey Werenka,10.484 sec., 139.88 mph
Indy: Ben Shadday,9.930 sec., 131.43 mph defeated Micah Sullivan,10.157 sec., 134.66 mph
Pac Coast: Andrea Coddens, 10.101 sec., 143.17 mph defeated Pat Liskey,10.133 sec., 138.31 mph
ROCKINGHAM, NC Super Street: Tim Burchette, Winston Salem NC, '03 GMC, 11.326 sec., 124.98 mph (local guy won? where was everybody?)
JB's: Pat Liskey, 13.152 sec. 125.36 mph defeated Justin Sherba, 20.423 sec., 30.29 mph (looks like Pat lifted)
Big Sky:Wade Minter,9.793 sec. 137.16 mph defeated Chavis Fryer, 10.298 sec., 134.12 sec.
World Finals: Brian Spooner, 9.808 sec. 148.51 mph defeated Micah Sullivan, 10.042 sec., 135.82

.....soooooo out of 8 races a "consistent 10.50 truck" could have won 1 race which would have been rockingham

So the ones of you defending NHRDA on not creating a new class expect people like me to bring a truck that is a a full second too fast for super diesel (11.90 index) to a series of races where 88% of the finals were faster then 10.50 in both lanes.....makes perfect sense :bang

I thought that an organization was supposed to be there for the competitors? Yet what we here is if more trucks show up and run in a class that you don't fit in then we will give you a new class. I thought it was the promoters job to give the incentives to get the racers there to put on a show for their crowd not the organization.

Boycotting such an organization isn't some of yall's idea of how to fix it. That's fine with me, do as you please. I on the other hand will not continue to support an organization that is not going to listen to its own competitors.

Maybe Randy will poke his head in hear and explain to me why I should still support them.....that would be real nice.

I still think a consistent 10.5 truck has a great chance of winning in SS. I agree the 2013 results do not bear that out. I still believe there are not enough trucks to support another class. The Field of Dreams idea is just that a day dream. If you want to race you'll show up. The, "take-my-ball-and-go-home" approach doesn't help anyone. As I said earlier lets try it at one of the races? Looks like most of the support is coming from down south, how about trying it at Ennis in the spring? If it works maybe incorporate it in the 2015 season?

I agree Ken. Try it I guess. We've been beating this dead horse for a few years now. I don't think the are a bunch 10 second trucks just sitting at home waiting for a class. I also don't think some people remember that in most index classes, many of the vehicles are capable of running a bit below the index. Running a high ten second or low eleven second truck in a 10.50 index would be about as effective as running a 20 second semi.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2