2015 ppl 2.6 rules

Rather than fix the issues with the class they decided to try and regulate what fuel is being used, which has already proven to be a challenge in NTPA. Since the weight will remain at 8,000lbs, and they plan to allow open driveline in 2016, how closely will OEM driveline be teched in 2015?

Rather than fix the issues with the class they decided to try and regulate what fuel is being used, which has already proven to be a challenge in NTPA. Since the weight will remain at 8,000lbs, and they plan to allow open driveline in 2016, how closely will OEM driveline be teched in 2015?

Hmmm.. Good thing I sold all my 1ton stuff.

Where did this come from?

I would have to hope they enforce the oem driveline rule for 2015 with no exceptions since it's a rule...

PPL compliant organization meeting.

There are instances in 2014 that seem questionable, so I would only expect for this to continue in 2015.
Their is an easily fix if your don't believe the rules were enforced on a certain trucks, its called a protest pay your money and get to the bottom of it instead of making accusations.

If you have to protest something as easily teched as a rear axle, there is a problem. As mentioned, maybe PPL is trying to decrease the numbers in the 2.6" class, and the rule making and enforcing that has been happening will most likely do so. Do realize that through lack of enforcement, the rules were changed to allow forward facing MWE grooves, which led to the increase in power that has caused the driveline breakage.

It is becoming very apparent based on all the threads/posts on this forum that the PPL does not put much interest in addressing the current issues. It's unfortunate, I personally think it hurts ingenuity and diversity by giving the advantage to those that take advantage of the rules. Since none of these arguments have made a difference, nor benefited the majority of pullers, I will leave it at that.

Their is an easily fix if your don't believe the rules were enforced on a certain trucks, its called a protest pay your money and get to the bottom of it instead of making accusations.

Yea because that always works!

If you have to protest something as easily teched as a rear axle, there is a problem. As mentioned, maybe PPL is trying to decrease the numbers in the 2.6" class, and the rule making and enforcing that has been happening will most likely do so. Do realize that through lack of enforcement, the rules were changed to allow forward facing MWE grooves, which led to the increase in power that has caused the driveline breakage.

It is becoming very apparent based on all the threads/posts on this forum that the PPL does not put much interest in addressing the current issues. It's unfortunate, I personally think it hurts ingenuity and diversity by giving the advantage to those that take advantage of the rules. Since none of these arguments have made a difference, nor benefited the majority of pullers, I will leave it at that.
I agree with what your saying but a thread about an issue with ppl is never gonna solve an issue with ppl is what I'm saying if their is an issue with an organization just get enough people together and go to them with the issue at a meeting, instead of making posts on compd about it

what I'm saying if their is an issue with an organization just get enough people together and go to them with the issue at a meeting, instead of making posts on compd about it

There were plenty that tried this year, only one organization accepted an alternative turbo rule. A list of possible rule options was offered by several PPL members, and none were considered. It is clear that organizing a unified list of things that need to be addressed will not happen, there are just too many opinions.

Last edited:
I agree with what your saying but a thread about an issue with ppl is never gonna solve an issue with ppl is what I'm saying if their is an issue with an organization just get enough people together and go to them with the issue at a meeting, instead of making posts on compd about it

I think your a little confused about how these big orgs work since you have never run with any. Most aren't going to listen to anything till it benefits them. Plain and simple. These aren't your brush hooks that all the small orgs put on.

im going to guess that unless. scheid, haisley, d&j and obryant can agree to address this issue together, this is all mere pointless, time after time.

I think your a little confused about how these big orgs work since you have never run with any. Most aren't going to listen to anything till it benefits them. Plain and simple. These aren't your brush hooks that all the small orgs put on.
Jeremy you are correct I'm a lil guy but I do pretty damm good and have lots of wins even some against very strong trucks that place top 5 in ppl events.

Is their a reason you act like this big shot all the time ?? And talk down on everyone I've had enough of you

Jeremy you are correct I'm a lil guy but I do pretty damm good and have lots of wins even some against very strong trucks that place top 5 in ppl events.

Is their a reason you act like this big shot all the time ?? And talk down on everyone I don't understand ??

Is their a reason you act like this big shot all the time ?? And talk down on everyone I don't understand ??

Congrats you beat some good trucks. That has nothing to do with sitting down with these big orgs that are in business to make money and put on top notch national caliber shows. Your not going to bully them into doing what you want. I've set through way more meetings over the years fighting and arguing about rules then I care to think about and in the end guess what it got me. No where except pissed off. So I've come to terms with the fact they are going to do what's best for them not what you or me want. If guys want to come here and start threads vent because they don't like what's going on then that's their right. You can think what you want about me but this stuff isn't new to the pulling world. Every class has had the same issues way before diesels were even thought about.

Thanks, but your still missing my point here every wonder why none of the top ppl sled pullers are on here bitxhing, complaining about rules on the internet whether its here or Facebook is not going to fix anything for you or the org.

I would love to run ppl but can't travel 8-12 hours every weekend to make a 2.6 hook with them. It would be great if east coast ran a 2.6 class but they don't so I run were I can and I consider myself lucky to have the amount of decent pulls we have around so I would rather support and help a local org grow as much as I can