2015 ppl 2.6 rules

eac4805b43545426dcf4744a8ca114d1.jpg

This or 200lbs. Hmmm I know the fix I'm going for....

I just hit the LIKE button!!!!

Here's some thoughts to ponder.........
People talk about killing the class without rule changes to limit breakage, I think at the larger events PPL wants to cut down on the number of trucks. In years past there has been over a 100 trying to qualify at Scheid but this year they changed the number that could go from 26 to 16 due to top points trucks getting an automatic in. I think the result this year was less than 80 trying to qualify. Not allowing big rear ends means the big name shops gets to keep selling rear end parts. The ones that can afford to change R&P several times a year will continue to do so and there will be enough of those for the class to probably survive but the numbers will be down to a more manageable level. The weight reduction of 200 lbs will do nothing to reduce rear end carnage. Think about it, where's weight gonna come from, off the front of the truck!!!!! The wheelbase rule change has nothing to due with reducing carnage, it's just someone with a shorter truck and some backing whining!!!! In most years I usually make 3 of the larger PPL shows, if all of these rule changes happen I'm probably done with PPL, and I know of some others with the same viewpoint. They will have succeeded in keeping the numbers at the larger shows to a smaller level. Rant over..............................

Garry, just go 2.5 and that'll solve the problem :)

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

And everyone that knows me wondered why I built a 2.5 truck instead of a 2.6. Cant imagine 2.6 expenses, broke 2 r&p and 2 axels with single rear wheel and 24" hitch

I'm assuming that if I have to move my wheelbase that I am allowed to completely remove the bed now?? Makes sense to me. If this is to solve a problem it just opened up many more

I'm assuming that if I have to move my wheelbase that I am allowed to completely remove the bed now?? Makes sense to me. If this is to solve a problem it just opened up many more

:doh: Yea because that's the answer.

Pretty sure they are leaving the wheelbase rule alone. Has to be factory wheelbase for that truck. May drop to 7800 pounds. Theres an awful lot of complaining about the rules but only 4 2.6 pullers attended the meeting.

Pretty sure they are leaving the wheelbase rule alone. Has to be factory wheelbase for that truck. May drop to 7800 pounds. Theres an awful lot of complaining about the rules but only 4 2.6 pullers attended the meeting.

Bingo!

There going to clarify the hitch up some. Not sure what but is for both classes

Thanks Jeff. I understand the wheelbase rule sucks, I started with a new frame and cab this year and took the year off. Spent more money than I care to mention, but when the truck is done it will be something to be proud of. Hopefully it's not like last year where they put out the "rule changes" and there was no mention of omitting the 158 rule... so my project to shorten the truck began. Months later when the official rules came out that rule was no where to be found! Smh! Too late to turn back.

So did the 4 2.6 pullers at the meeting get to vote on anything? I'm just speculating, but I doubt it would have mattered if 30 2.6 pullers showed up to voice their opinion.

I've already attended a meeting where the class promoter didn't listen to the pullers at the meeting, I don't need to drive all the way to Indiana to do that again...

i talked to john meers yesterday and he said the 158 wheel base rule will not be enforced. Any 1 ton or smaller oem truck wheel base is fine. he did say that if do a frame swap or body swap the 158 would be enforced. he said we may end up dropping some weight maybe down to 7800ish. A 1in deck plate is legal along with filling the block an head. He said also that he is clearing up the tire issues. No cuts or sipes ect dot only. and like stated above gonna clear up the hitch some. He said he hopes to have the rules done and printed by december 1st

I dont see the point in adding more rules that are difficult to tech. This means more rules that won't get enforced. They should simplify them. Have a tire rule, turbo rule, weight, pump, dirvetrain, block and head and thats its. Stop adding all these extra rules that doesnt affect anything.

Maybe they should just move a bunch of the existing rules to a section entitled:

THE FOLLOWING RULES WILL NOT BE ENFORCED:

LOL

This is what I was emailed as of today from PPL for those that are interested:

Its not in b&w yet but here's the synopsis:
35" tire max, no altering of tires.
engine block location same as 3.0 (17 inches)
No flatbeds, OEM wheelbase for make/model, 8000# ( No change)
All turbo (primary) *blades must be into bore
100% bio diesel concentration out. On my meter 100 is the max. Your welcome to send fuel samples in at any time.

QUOTE=94 12valve;2388973]So ... was the final decision on 2015 rules made?[/QUOTE]