2016 3.0 turbo rule changes

Take it however you like. The truth hurts doesn't it.

I don't care either way realy lol I don't pull 2.6 just like you don't pull 2.6 so why should we argue about it. I saw what a hart's gt55 made on a 4v motor and it was DAMN impressive. I realy don't give two ****s who won schieds. Like jeremy said bunch of good trucks broke plus running 24 trucks back to back on one track and 345ft for the winner sat night is bull **** anyways. Friday night was a good example of a pull Saturday night not so much.

It has been discussed in threads on this site as far back as 2009.

Yes it has!

My bad than! I have seen lots of talk about smooth bore, but not actual restrictor's.

I hope something changes, because 2.6 and 3.0 class's seem to be dying in Minnesota. I think if one of the pulling clubs around here started a 2.5 class and actually teched the trucks it would thrive!!! 2.6 is just to much of a money investment to jump from W/S to a 2.6 truck.

The biggest argument i have isn't turbo this turbo that. I feel if there was only 3 classes nation wide it would better for everybody. There should be a somewhat beginners class 2.5 would be fine if there was a good handle on the turbo rule. There should be ONE ODL dot tires class. My opinion it should be a strict 14-1500hp class. Then for super stock I think that if it was unlimited single it would be a lot more realistic class for the middle class to bump up to. It would still be well over 2000hp class and the trucks might be able to use the power they make.

Just my $.02 but I feel were going nowhere fast.

The biggest argument i have isn't turbo this turbo that. I feel if there was only 3 classes nation wide it would better for everybody. There should be a somewhat beginners class 2.5 would be fine if there was a good handle on the turbo rule. There should be ONE ODL dot tires class. My opinion it should be a strict 14-1500hp class. Then for super stock I think that if it was unlimited single it would be a lot more realistic class for the middle class to bump up to. It would still be well over 2000hp class and the trucks might be able to use the power they make.

Just my $.02 but I feel were going nowhere fast.

People will never bring power back in super stock. It's pushing the sport in a way. Also from a guy who used to dream of having a pull truck and even started building a truck to pull , I have zero desire to finish and will move to the drag racing side. To many rules broken and really stupid money is put in the average pulling engine. No way for people to get interested

We must be in the same boat... I let my dream of having a pull truck go when 2.6 went full retard. Around here 2.5 isn't any better. Spend similar money to 2.6 if you want to be competitive. Driveline is a little safer.

Since I'm not a puller, my opinion doesn't count for much, but I'd be ALL FOR a restrictor tube in all of the single turbo classes.

Last edited:
People will never bring power back in super stock. It's pushing the sport in a way. Also from a guy who used to dream of having a pull truck and even started building a truck to pull , I have zero desire to finish and will move to the drag racing side. To many rules broken and really stupid money is put in the average pulling engine. No way for people to get interested

Oh I agree with they will never pull back power. But whats funny is pretty simple builds can and do make some serious power and live at that level. Pulling to me is about turning wrenches. I enjoy building motors and going to run on the Weekends what i put together. Seems more and more people running store bought stuff couldnt even change the timing on their motor. To each and their own but not fun to me.

Oh I agree with they will never pull back power. But whats funny is pretty simple builds can and do make some serious power and live at that level. Pulling to me is about turning wrenches. I enjoy building motors and going to run on the Weekends what i put together. Seems more and more people running store bought stuff couldnt even change the timing on their motor. To each and their own but not fun to me.

See that's exactly how I am. I hate letting people build my parts. I watched people get schooled on overhead at Sdx lol i about died

Couldn't have said it any better.:clap:

I agree, the build part to me is as much fun as the pulling part!!!

I don't think cuts will be mandatory but you can run them if you want. Don't want to run them then stay on DOT tires. What's the difference in the cuts vs guys having 2-3 sets of different DOT tires and wheels?

So if no cut tires, then they will have 2 identical classes with only a charger difference? How will they separate it other then the charger? How are they going to promote 2 identical classes with only a charger difference and one with less purse? Guess which one will get the hook? The one with less purse. You cant run 2 identical classes with only a charger difference unless you combine them and give 2.6 an advantage of some kind. Which almost never works out in the end.

That is a bad argument. Why keep changing the rules and as a result make it more expensive to compete? Sure you don't have to buy this or use that but we all know to be competitive you have to run what is allowed to be competitive. There is already a bar tire class and there is already an open drive line class. Why keep messing up what is already there. 2.6 is over powering the stock drive line. Take away the dual tires and that will reduce the breakage. You can't fix stupid. People will buy a Scheid or Haisley built motor for a 2.5 truck. Just because they do does not mean the rules need to be changed to accommodate that power level in 2.5. People will pick a class that they can afford. When the rules keep changing it discourages involvement. If the 2.6 guys want open drive line then welcome to 3.0. After all you don't have to have a 3.0 charger you can use your 2.6 if you want. bif

Why do we need a class with cut tires and a 4.1 smooth bore turbo. Its already been proven 3.0 trucks are competitve in the ss class. Are they wanting to start this class because the ss guys don't want to get beat by lower hp trucks?

Why do we need a class with cut tires and a 4.1 smooth bore turbo. Its already been proven 3.0 trucks are competitve in the ss class. Are they wanting to start this class because the ss guys don't want to get beat by lower hp trucks?

From what I gathered the 4.1 smooth bore came from getting rid of mwe turbos and 4.1 is already a turbo that had had some r&d work done on it, where if it was to be a 3.6 or 3.8 it would need to be a lot of r&d work done to get it right. Cut tire deal is so people don't keep buying 2-3 set s of dot tire's a year. But I don't see it being any cheaper. I can buy several sets of Dots for what it'll cost for us to go cuts.

The cut tire discussion Is coming from the promoters. They want 3.0 on cut tires. They are the real ones pushing for it. They don't want DOT tires on national classes. What the people who put the pulls on want they will probably get. If you guys are so against all this you need to call Mears.

The smooth bore is because of cheating and the fact stuff just isn't getting checked the way it should. So it makes it easy on techs

Last edited:
The only thing these new rules will do is discourage people that want to move up.