215 pump retard timing

What is turning the barrels? I might be able to get my hands on a donor pump out of a dt466, could I use the barrels out of it? Are the retarding notches in the barrels or somewhere else?

What is turning the barrels? I might be able to get my hands on a donor pump out of a dt466, could I use the barrels out of it? Are the retarding notches in the barrels or somewhere else?

loosening the top two nuts that hold the barrel in the pump and allowing you to turn the barrel in relationship to the plunger. I wouldn't suggest it unless on a stand. I doubt the dt466 pump parts would work. The retard notches are in the plungers.

I stopped by and spoke with Seth yesterday at Diesel Performance Engineering (CTDYoungGun on here) and for the price they charge for putting your pump on the stand to do this the right way, I don't know why someone would even attempt it...

I wouldnt be so worried about the 215 pump retard stuff. You can get one to run really well. Mine has never been off and has 203k miles on it... Shooting for 700hp