2nd gen swap

tarter6bt

broke ass
for everyone that has done the swap on their 6.7 cummins.

who's kit did you use?

best bang for the coin?

best turbo to use for towing? hauling pull truck, hay, cattle.

would you recommend doing a intake as well?

I am running efi tuning and the truck is a 6spd, with fass and gauges, other than that its stock.

not looking to blow tires off at 70 just looking for a good reliable turbo in place of the vgt.

I'll be the first to say it...
Sxe69

Just kidding 67 I think would do fine.

466/83/1.0 race cover is amazing as a 6.7 single.

Id actually run a 64.5 sxe T4 .91 for the op goals.

With good tuning and a steed speed my g-56 truck likes the s467 better in all ways than the 464 I used to run. It spools better, quicker between gears, and cooler egt's including towing. (Heavy towing) But with all that stated a s300 will spool faster for sure, if your power goals are 500hp and under the s300 will be fine. IMHO durability in a single turbo configuration will not be as good with a S300 if your goals are 500 plus on a regular basis.

Not all "S464s" are the same and not all 64mm inducer turbochargers in general are the same.

I wouldn't do an S300 frame on a 6.7 at all. For one the 6.7 spools the small turbine S400s like cake. The s300 chassis are not priced that much lower if at all lower depending on options. Plus the S400 will live a longer life.

If you buy a 169012 "S464" (they are a 63.5) you will have a non ETT wheel and you will have to buy a housing. They come with a 1.1 T6 housing. By the time you put a wheel in it and a housing you are approaching S467 territory. The S467 is tried and true but given you are only after 500hp and it is a 6 speed bigger is not necessarily better. An S464 with the 83 turbine and a T4 .91 housing will support 500hp. Put a better wheel in it down the road or even upgrade it to a 67, 71, 75 etc... and you can grow within the frame.

I wouldn't do an S300 frame on a 6.7 at all. For one the 6.7 spools the small turbine S400s like cake. The s300 chassis are not priced that much lower if at all lower depending on options. Plus the S400 will live a longer life.

If you buy a 169012 "S464" (they are a 63.5) you will have a non ETT wheel and you will have to buy a housing. They come with a 1.1 T6 housing. By the time you put a wheel in it and a housing you are approaching S467 territory. The S467 is tried and true but given you are only after 500hp and it is a 6 speed bigger is not necessarily better. An S464 with the 83 turbine and a T4 .91 housing will support 500hp. Put a better wheel in it down the road or even upgrade it to a 67, 71, 75 etc... and you can grow within the frame.

Thank you for stating the HP limits of the 64. Too many companies are boxing swap kits claiming 600-700hp.

You probably know the ones I'm referring to.

Completely agreed with Bre, 464 on a 6.7 is just short changing the volume command even with basic deletes.

I'm going to be doing the swap in a week or so. I'm relocating the battery under the passenger side door, on frame rail, for later activities. And to make it look cleaner under the hood.

Has anyone ever done away with the coolant line that comes up to bleed the air out. If so did you have any issues with it or no.

I'm also on the look out for a 5.9 Cr valve cover to remove the crank case filter crap as well. Along with a intake horn as well the will work with dual cp3's

For what you do with your truck, I would put a 364 or 366 SX-E on there in a heartbeat. I think too many people get wrapped up in the S400 stuff and forget that most of these guys aren't beating their trucks down a track week after week. I'm super picky with the way my stuff drives and tows so I wouldn't give up the drive-ability of the S300 for the slight power increase you might find in an S400 turbo. For the guy looking for 500-600 hp on stock injectors, I don't see any reason to do anything other than a 64 or 66mm S300.

We have seen very respectable hp out of the 64, 66 and 69mm SX-E turbos on multiple platforms.

Man I don't know what to think on this... I feel 300 frame is too small but then you have people with more knowledge and experience in their toes than I have period saying other wise.

We put a SXE S364.5 on a customers Quad Cab Cab and Chassis 5500 manual trans 4th gen. It is AMAZING. They own a Case IH dealership and is there tow truck, so it gets used alot. Perfect combination for towing. And i know on other platforms that turbo has been north of 600. I know for a face on a 6.0 the SXE 63mm can do 625. The efficiency of the SXE platform is night and day compared to the SX3. Instead of running a .91 housing you can always step to a 1.0 with the S300 platform?

So...I am interested in doing the same on my wife's truck, she doesn't need a hotrod but a reliable for her horses, what was the final outcome on what would work well for stock head, engine and upgraded sticks, maybe 150%?